PDA

View Full Version : Android Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114

Manbearpig
01-19-2017, 11:12 PM
Sprint no had V10 pero I loved G5 camera and had to have

stonehenge
01-20-2017, 12:22 AM
oh yeah. once again, spront pls

Manbearpig
01-23-2017, 07:24 PM
What are some must have accessories fer v20, wan?

stonehenge
01-23-2017, 07:55 PM
idk, I just have a few cases :smileshrug: an Obliq, a generic clear TPU from Amazon, and a cheap ass case I got from AliExpress.

I wouldn't mind picking up an extra battery and battery charger since they were so useful on my V10 but the battery life on the V20 is better so I don't need that.

As for generic accessories/stuff that works well with the V20:

- Decent headphones sound bamf on this phone if you enable HiFi and are playing something that is decent quality. I have some Sony over-ear headphones that were ~$100 and they sound BAMF with Spotify on Extreme quality.

- Dollar Tree selfie stick + tripod. Buy a dollar tree selfie stick and unscrew the phone mount from the top, throw away fgt stick. Then screw that onto any camera tripod and BAM phone tripod. Now you can take long exposure (up to 30 secs, not bad for a phone) shots with your V20. You can capture stars, light trails of traffic, do light painting, etc. with this.

- USB-C goodies. I've tried a few USB-C things on my V20 and they all worked great. I tried an adapter that had 4x full size USB ports, I tried a straight USB-C > full size USB, and I tried a USB-C dock that had HDMI, Ethernet, and a couple USB port and that worked also. There are lots of adapters on Amazon with different combinations of ports and they're pretty useful for video-output, ethernet, plugging in mice/keyboards, usb sticks, etc. Kinda cool.

Cez★
01-27-2017, 01:24 AM
Near borderless g6 coming out :drool: tho its mostly borderless on the sides.

Would love to have pure screen phone

stonehenge
01-27-2017, 04:22 PM
G6 and S8 are both going to be really slim on the bezels. Sammy is actually getting rid of the front capacitive buttons and fingerprint reader on the S8 and making the screens 5.8" and 6.2" without making the phone larger. Looks interesting except that the fingerprint reader is next to the camera instead of below it wtf. Hold you V10 or V20 and reach up to the right of the camera, is pretty awkward to reach that high.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Shitty thing about the G6 is that it won't get the newest processor because Sammy made some deal with Qualcomm. Samsung gets the entire first batch of processors. These new ones are smaller and use less battery but decently faster.

Cez★
01-27-2017, 04:22 PM
:word:

ill still be using v10 whenever g6 drops anyway :rofl:

stonehenge
01-27-2017, 05:40 PM
G6 is gonna use the same processor as the V20 I believe and this bish flies, no complaints.

Besides the fingerprint reader location, kinda liking the S8. Biggest things I disliked about samsung were the capacitive and physical front buttons.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

the rounded screen edge is pretty sexy on the G6 tho :drool:

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

G6:

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/lg-g6-image.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

and S8:

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/galaxy-s8-leak-vb1.jpg

dat clean buttonless front and odd fingerprint reader location

Cez★
01-27-2017, 06:22 PM
s8 front looks hella nice

stonehenge
01-27-2017, 07:37 PM
imo and the black Note7 was sexy. Want to see black S8. Dfw that 6"+ one that is probably overall smaller than a V10/20.

stonehenge
01-28-2017, 12:12 AM
https://goo.gl/MTQYTh

Cez★
01-28-2017, 01:49 AM
:animehmm:

dat looks mighty tasty

stonehenge
01-28-2017, 02:53 AM
It's too bad the processor will be lower than the S8. Still beast though.

Sent from my LG V20

Cez★
01-28-2017, 03:09 AM
orly? assume theyll both have their own OS

stonehenge
01-29-2017, 08:46 AM
Both should be latest nougat but S8 will have the newer processor, G6 will have 2016 processor.

Sent from my LG V20

stonehenge
01-30-2017, 07:46 PM
for mbp:

9En5sKg7y8A

massive :jester:

stonehenge
01-31-2017, 07:56 PM
connected my V20 to a Dell WD15 USB-C dock. One plug got me keyboard, mouse, monitor, ethernet, and charging without installing anything on the phone. Shit just worked.

:notbad:

Cez★
01-31-2017, 09:32 PM
:whoa:

stonehenge
01-31-2017, 10:08 PM
fak, should have plugged in speakers too, just to make sure they worked also. I assume they do since everything else did.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Tried this before using a normal usb 3.0 dock with an OTG cable on my V10 and everything worked except I needed to install the DisplayLink app and the framerate seemed a little lower. With USB-C it just works and seems pretty fast. Next time I'll plug in speakers and try a 60fps youtube video and see what happens.

Cez★
01-31-2017, 10:14 PM
can use v20 as bamf desktop?

stonehenge
01-31-2017, 11:42 PM
more or less, need to figure out which keyboard buttons act as home/back/recents

also, anything that requires pinching you have to go back to the screen

otherwise seemed to work pretty damned well

stonehenge
02-06-2017, 06:18 AM
Been playing Fire Emblem: Heroes (new F2P Android/iOS game from Nintendo). It's actually pretty damned fun.

Sent from my LG V20

theholycow
02-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Sprint is suing RingPlus to smithereens. r+ dies on Feb 11. Gotta get a new carrier. Well, it's been a great ride...I haven't had a monthly cell phone bill for like 5 years, and I've had an army of phones with service.

Kinda want to abandon Sprint towers because fuck Sprint for suing r+...but still nothing will beat the price of Sprint MVNOs (seem there are some new free or near-free ones out there) and phones (and I still have my LG with all dat batteries and spare screens).

Cez★
02-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Get u a sat phone

stonehenge
02-06-2017, 05:35 PM
A coworker here uses Ting and says they are decently priced and you can get a Sprint SIM from them or a TMo SIM so your phone options would expand dramatically while still being able to use the ones you have.

Not sure how the price compares to R+ though.

theholycow
02-07-2017, 12:44 AM
:hmm:

For years I have been using an Android as a dashcam. I use the app Dailyroads Voyager and I'm mostly happy with it. It stores its videos and photos in 3 subfolders of whichever folder I specify...Photos, Videos, and Tempvideos. All videos are recorded to Tempvideos, and then when I give it the command to save one it gets moved to the Videos folder.

Just recently I've taken an interest in flickr's free terabyte and Google Photos' unlimited storage (under a specified resolution). Today it occurred to me that, rather than periodically manually copying files off of it I should just let flickr and/or gphotos handle it whenever I leave it on in wifi range.

However...flickr doesn't scan the necessary folder, and if it did then it would pick up the Tempvideos folder, which would NOT be ok. My first instinct is to hard-link the folder, but the SD card's FS is vfat, so that's a no-go.

While writing up this post I came up with a few other ideas:

- Try gphotos and see if I can set its folders

- Set a cron job to evacuate the Photos and Videos folders regularly (move those files to a folder where they'll be picked up)

- Set Dailyroads Voyager to save to folders on the data partition, and link those to the SD card's folder

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Ooh, I wonder if flickr obeys ".nomedia" or something similar...I could set Dailyroads to use an appropriate folder and then just have flickr ignore the Tempvideos folder.

stonehenge
02-07-2017, 12:51 AM
Google Photos will backup any photos on the device in any folder, you can go in and check or uncheck any folder at any time. So it should do what you want.

However, it doesn't automatically delete the local copy when it backs up. You'd need to set a cron job or find an app to do that regularly (and hope that you hit wifi for backups before that happens each time lol).

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

I really need to get an old phone to use with DailyRoads or buy a dedicated (but inexpensive) dashcam. Been seeing lots of stupidity lately, it's only a matter of time before that stupidity makes contact with me. :blahclap:

theholycow
02-07-2017, 01:10 AM
Deleting isn't very important. I don't save many videos, and Dailyroads automatically purges Tempvideos (FIFO) when the card is full. Dailyroads complains when there are finally too many saved videos to leave usable space.

I'll have to get a better look at Google Photos. I'm a little hesitant; I'm a little unclear on how the unlimited storage works with regards to Google Drive and such...it seems like my existing photos count against my space.

stonehenge
02-07-2017, 02:32 AM
AFAIK, everything uploaded by Google Photos is not counted towards your quota as long as you have it set to the free quality. If you have pics in there that you added with Drive, then they probably count. Just put them on a phone and let Photos reupload them lol

Btw, :repz: for FIFO. We'll kinda, too lazy to open full browser to properly dispense said repz.

Sent from my LG V20

theholycow
02-07-2017, 02:42 AM
:jester:

theholycow
02-07-2017, 01:29 PM
I took another look at the Google Photos app and you're right, the setting for quality indicates unlimited storage right on it. So when using High Quality with unlimited storage, do those photos/videos show up in your GDrive too? For most purposes I want that, but for dashcam I'd rather not; I think I'll use a separate account for it.

I have it mostly configured but damned dashcam phone now has a flaky battery connector or something...it gives me a "?" inside the battery icon and only runs when plugged in. Battery is probably less than a year old and seems to be legit Motorola OEM, and was not acting funny until I took it out of the car; and it's not like it's been in a delicate condition for long, since I routinely remove the phone and turn it the other way while parked somewhere so the wide-angle lens (thanks, Dollar Tree!) can watch the interior. Anyway, I only get a few minutes running on tethered power before it randomly drops out from under me.

Gotta find the tiny, tiny torx screwdriver that came with the battery and disconnect/reconnect it to see if I can improve the situation.

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Also, GPhotos has "Free up space" function which even shows up as a notification, so that will be convenient.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

I wonder if there is a way to identify which existing photos have been shared and accessed, so I can remove all the other ones and reupload as unlimited, freeing up some space...

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Still have '?' battery icon, but on a better charger it stays on...or a least, it's stayed on for a while now.

I'd replace the phone with another from my inventory but this one is uniquely good for dashcam work with its excellent camera lens, autofocus that plays well with clip-on wide-angle lens, and nearly-acceptable nighttime performance. Maybe it's time to order another battery and try to get a better one this time...we'll see if it is more dependable in the car again.

JayBo
02-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Quick question.. where can you get unlocked apps niwntnwt blapkmarket is gone? I have one I use often that is "outdated" and will not operate anymore

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

theholycow
02-07-2017, 02:05 PM
This whole thing stems off of a larger idea I've had to take control of my increasingly chaotic photo collection and back it up on free flickr/GPhotos cloud services in addition to my hard drives, and also remove it from my storage-limited cloud file sync services. I hadn't yet gotten around to investigating GPhotos for the larger project, but just now I found that they offer a proper Windows app for backing up to the service:
https://photos.google.com/apps

:awwyeah:
That's gonna make my life a hell of a lot easier than flickr does! They used to have a desktop uploader but they made it a pay feature, enforced by the server (so it doesn't matter if you find an old version somewhere).

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Quick question.. where can you get unlocked apps niwntnwt blapkmarket is gone? I have one I use often that is "outdated" and will not operate anymore

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

JayBo!! Good to see you, buddy.

I have decent luck just googling for the package name, like com.binarytoys.speedometerpro.apk, but I haven't tried to find hacked "unlocked" versions...probably easy enough to search for something like com.whatever.package.apk unlocked

JayBo
02-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Thank you! The app I'm looking for is the newer Ultimate Guitar tab app. I'm still running the one I downloaded like 5 years ago lol.
And it quit last week.
Good to see you too brah! I do that have much time to get online anymore.. fuckin telecom business be stressful

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

theholycow
02-07-2017, 02:16 PM
This one?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ultimateguitar.tabs

Should be easy enough...

Not sure if 4.2.1 is latest, but probably recent, and I found it on this site:
http://www.coolapk.com/apk/com.ultimateguitar.tabs
Can't read the language there but I've always gotten good clean downloads from that site.

Dunno if this direct link will expire, probably, but here:
http://dl.coolapkmarket.com/down/apk_file/2015/1001/com.ultimateguitar.tabs-4.2.1-131.apk?_upt=a546395e1486475067
Based on that URL this is obviously from 2015 and probably October.

stonehenge
02-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Rick - everything that GPhotos backs up are visible in drive. They're sorted in a folder called Google Photos and then subfolders by year and month based on the date stored in the metadata on the pics. I have a 1970 folder also lol so that must be stuff that didn't have a date tag.

As for your ? battery, wtf. I know that being plugged in 24/7 can be hard on a battery but you don't leave it in there all the time do you?

Yaybo - sup! I'd try to help but it looks like Cao already found what you need. :wave:

Sent from my LG V20

theholycow
02-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Ok, that's mostly what I figured, but it leaves me curious how they calculate space usage. Anyway, cool beans. Definitely gonna hafta switch to separate account for dashcam videos.

Just recently (last few weeks) I started leaving it plugged in 24/7 in the car out in the cold. Shouldn't be THAT bad for battery, and not that soon.

Cez★
02-07-2017, 03:32 PM
wan, need halp

v10 shut off and is being a bithc now

so was reading twitter this morning when app froze. tried to close and all that. shit died. wouldnt turn back on. tried diff batteries. nothing. finally messed around and "cleaned" the battery prongs where batt and phone connects with shirt and it worked. though it wouldnt get past the lg screen and shut off sometimes. now at school and wont load past the lg screen

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

well some magic goolging says i am completely fucked on this. just great. fucking great

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

ill be going to t-mo after my test to see what i can do. shit better still be under warranty or be cheap for insurance to fix

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

fuck you LG. after all the nice things i said. fuck you in your rotten asses

theholycow
02-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Sounds like you should try a better cleaning of battery contacts (after the whole warranty thing doesn't pan out, of course).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cez★
02-07-2017, 03:46 PM
shit was dead before i cleaned battery contacts

stonehenge
02-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Ok, that's mostly what I figured, but it leaves me curious how they calculate space usage. Anyway, cool beans. Definitely gonna hafta switch to separate account for dashcam videos.

Just recently (last few weeks) I started leaving it plugged in 24/7 in the car out in the cold. Shouldn't be THAT bad for battery, and not that soon.

Yeah, a battery ~ a year old that has only been plugged in 24/7 for a few weeks shouldn't be dead. Especially not THAT dead.

wan, need halp

v10 shut off and is being a bithc now

so was reading twitter this morning when app froze. tried to close and all that. shit died. wouldnt turn back on. tried diff batteries. nothing. finally messed around and "cleaned" the battery prongs where batt and phone connects with shirt and it worked. though it wouldnt get past the lg screen and shut off sometimes. now at school and wont load past the lg screen

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

well some magic goolging says i am completely fucked on this. just great. fucking great

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

ill be going to t-mo after my test to see what i can do. shit better still be under warranty or be cheap for insurance to fix

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

fuck you LG. after all the nice things i said. fuck you in your rotten asses

Fuck. Sounds like you got hit with the LG bootloop issue. I've seen people complaining about that lately but my V10 worked fine until I traded it for the V20. From what I've seen, it has something to do with overheating and solder issues. Some people heat up a certain part of the phone and can get it to boot at least long enough to back things up or do a factory reset. Not cool. The G6 and newer is supposed to be using some new heatpipe shit to keep it cool and avoid these kinds of things. As much as I like my V20, I may trade it in for a Sammy when the S8 drops. Not because I don't like the V20, but because I don't want to keep it long enough for a bootloop to happen. Though idk if V20s have been looping yet. :blahclap:

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

annnnd V20s can do it too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgv20/comments/5sk00z/its_been_an_hour_now/

so they aren't safe either. Sucks. I like their phones. Might just jump to S8 even if I like V20 better. :blahclap:

Cez★
02-07-2017, 10:50 PM
went to tmobile, foo saw it wasnt working. ordered me a new (to me) v10. pinche refurb. well better than shit i guess. gonna load up my n4. not sure if i have everything saved on my sd card but dont really care i guess since i just need a fucking phone

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

wan, halp? pls

nexus 4 wont turn on :roflpow:

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

oops nevermind. there it goes. have battery icon on

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

and sim card too small. brb tmobile

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

tmo bro hooked me the fuck up with an adapter :pepper:

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

now just need phone to charge and ill be good. shit dies when i go to snapchat :lol:

might just go to web twitter instead of downloading a new app if only gonna need one day

stonehenge
02-08-2017, 12:33 AM
You've had it over a year right? They replaced it without insurance? :whoa: bamf service

glad you're getting a replacement.

Cez★
02-08-2017, 12:37 AM
nah i still have insurance rofl.

hopefully it arrives by tomorrow like they said.

JayBo
02-08-2017, 12:54 AM
I'm trying those links you posted rick. Those are MUCH newer than my current version

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

stonehenge
02-08-2017, 12:57 AM
nah i still have insurance rofl.

fak. had to pay deductible?

JayBo
02-08-2017, 01:05 AM
And... That was fail :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

Cez★
02-08-2017, 01:19 AM
fak. had to pay deductible?

nope. apparently just have to pay $5 or somthing when i take delivery of it

was so grateful to the dude who hooked me up fo free with a sim card adapter that i woulda bought anything he was pitching to me if i were ballin. srsly.

JayBo
02-08-2017, 01:51 AM
And now fuckin ad pops up every time I unlock phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

stonehenge
02-08-2017, 04:03 AM
nope. apparently just have to pay $5 or somthing when i take delivery of it

was so grateful to the dude who hooked me up fo free with a sim card adapter that i woulda bought anything he was pitching to me if i were ballin. srsly.

Nice! :datass:

And now fuckin ad pops up every time I unlock phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

:blahclap: did it want a bunch of permissions when you installed it? If so, delete it. If not and they are just notification ads, you can long press the notification a d disable them.

If you install it, you can try installing Aptoide and getting your app from there but there are no promises that you don't end up with the same result.

Just answer google surveys and then buy the app for $4 lol

Sent from my LG V20

JayBo
02-08-2017, 04:07 AM
I finally found the app that was causing the ads. I got an updated version of my app, and all is good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

stonehenge
02-08-2017, 06:21 AM
Pr0n app imo

Sent from my LG V20

Cez★
02-08-2017, 12:28 PM
Nexus 4 still so fucking win :nexuspatriot:

Shit still working like a boss

JayBo
02-08-2017, 01:33 PM
iu there still a bounty for s7 root??

stonehenge
02-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Nexus 4 still so fucking win :nexuspatriot:

Shit still working like a boss
iu there still a bounty for s7 root??
:smileshrug:

theholycow
02-08-2017, 10:50 PM
So was it the app from coolapk or another app that caused the ads? I definitely don't want to keep thinking coolapk is safe if it's not.

Cez★
02-09-2017, 02:00 AM
got my v10. so far so good. had to reinstall my shit. easy cuz google. lost some pics i thought were on my sd card :blah: like titties n shit. motherfucker

stonehenge
02-09-2017, 04:11 PM
RIP tiddypics

well until korean bro fixes phone and boots it up to test it :datass:

Cez★
02-09-2017, 04:16 PM
I send my regards, korean bro some nice big american teddies

stonehenge
02-09-2017, 04:31 PM
did you have a password/code/pattern/fingerprint setup?

Cez★
02-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Nope :lol:

stonehenge
02-09-2017, 04:52 PM
dem free tiddypiks

I been using fingerprint, so easy. On the V10 you have to click the power button and then keep your finger on it for a sec to read your print. Works fine. On the V20, you just put your finger on it and it detects it and unlocks, bamf.

So lazy now, get annoyed if I have to swipe screen or enter pin or something :jester:

Cez★
02-09-2017, 04:59 PM
Look. Am still paranoid about that shet. Can give companies all sorts of shit. Not about to give em my finger prints yet lol

stonehenge
02-09-2017, 05:03 PM
:jester: kk, use a pattern or pin then. That way if you lose your phone, peeps don't get all your teddis and whatnot.

Cez★
02-09-2017, 05:30 PM
I need a build up muh titty collection again

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Lost my contacts? Fucking shit I thought they were on my Google acct or something. Not seeing some people on my phone pop up. Wtf

stonehenge
02-09-2017, 06:00 PM
If they're people you added more recently, you may have added them to the phone instead of Google on accident :blahclap:

Go to contacts.google.com and see if they're there. If not, they were on the phone.

Cez★
02-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Guess they were saved to phone :blah:

I'll have to ask buddies for them. Luckily I don't think it was many

stonehenge
02-09-2017, 06:14 PM
"sorry jojo, ignored all your calls because your contact wasn't in phone, thought it was scammers :smileshrug:"

:imo

Cez★
02-09-2017, 06:28 PM
Sadly still have that fucks number

stonehenge
02-09-2017, 06:32 PM
:lol:

theholycow
02-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Boobprint unlock > fingerprint unlock :imo

stonehenge
02-10-2017, 04:05 PM

Cez★
02-10-2017, 04:38 PM
:animehmm:

stonehenge
02-10-2017, 05:33 PM
Cez on bus: "scuze me mam, can you pls press ur npl on my screen? I need to unlock. thx"

Cez★
02-10-2017, 05:48 PM

stonehenge
02-13-2017, 05:59 PM
boots mobile phone for cao: https://9to5toys.com/2017/02/13/lg-stylo-2-android-smartphone-deal/

theholycow
02-15-2017, 12:58 AM
Pretty sweet, but with ringplus breathing its final breath I'm not sure what I'm doing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stonehenge
02-15-2017, 04:23 PM
Yeah, that sucks. Because this for $50 isn't bad:

Qualcomm Snapdragon 410
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
4G LTE speed
5.7″ HD IPS touch screen
13.0MP camera
16GB internal memory plus microSD slot
Stylus

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

would probably buy as a spare if it had tmo radios

theholycow
02-15-2017, 05:21 PM
First comment on slickdeals for it is:

Will only work with Boost. Will not work with Freedompop, Ringplus, Ting, Tello, etc. I just tried several of these at the store and none of them cleared the FED check.

stonehenge
02-15-2017, 05:39 PM
oh damn, that bish locked DOWN

Cez★
02-18-2017, 12:25 AM
http://www.droid-life.com/2017/02/17/lg-g6-always-on/

:drool:

stonehenge
02-18-2017, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I like the round corners and metal build.

Also like that Sammy got rid of the physical front buttons and moved the fingerprint reader to the back on the S8.

Sent from my LG V20

Cez★
02-18-2017, 12:43 PM
Wanna see more samsung s8

chevyrado14
02-18-2017, 12:54 PM
S8 is on my list for my next phone.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

stonehenge
02-18-2017, 06:42 PM
Same. The Note7 was reviewed as Samsung's best phone ever before it blowed up. Hoping the S8 is similar.

Sent from my LG V20

JayBo
02-24-2017, 03:04 PM
Me phone did an update yesterday to Android 7. Any awesome festures I should be aware of?

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

stonehenge
02-24-2017, 05:23 PM
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-before-and-after-the-Android-Nougat-update-heres-whats-changed-and-whats-not_id90673

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

since I don't have a Sammy and they do their own thing on top of each version of Android, that can explain better than I can lol

theholycow
02-24-2017, 05:30 PM
There is android 7 now?

fak
:gooby:

stonehenge
02-24-2017, 05:52 PM
since August :jester:

stonehenge
02-26-2017, 05:45 PM
G6 was looking good other than the year old processor until:
http://www.androidauthority.com/psa-not-lg-g6s-created-equal-752554/

No hi-fi DAC, 32gb model only.

Sent from my LG V20

Cez★
02-26-2017, 06:28 PM
:mexiblah:

Cez★
03-14-2017, 05:32 PM
t mobile giving customers free year of mlb at bat :fuckyeah:

tweeted at em about it and they replied back :cheekydance:

JayBo
03-21-2017, 01:04 PM
So, any one carrier better than another? I've gotten to the point to where I want to save money. Bout to turn satellite off, etc. Currently, me and wiffey share 12gb. Only signed up for 6 but Att doubled it months after for free. Anywho, just 2 phones is 160/mo. Gay. Thought about straight talk but I hear some horror stories with it.
Swapped from VZW to AT&T bc Verizon kept dicking me around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

theholycow
03-21-2017, 02:12 PM
160/mo

:horyshet:

Does that come with blowjobs? Do they at least kiss you before fucking you each month? WTF kind of heavy duty service do you have?

...so anyway, what are the horror stories you hear of Straight Talk, and what kind of priorities do you have? I'm currently paying $6/mo for a few SMS or minutes or something, 200MB LTE (not that I have any LTE hardware anyway), and unlimited 2g. It's supposedly good enough data for Google Hangouts phone calls but it's been a month or two and I haven't had enough calls to notice yet. Works great for SMS and email, which is most of what I do.

JayBo
03-21-2017, 02:32 PM
We have family share plan, and signed up for 6gb to share btw the 2 of us. Att doubled the data as a promotion, and we have rollover data. So we average about 20gb a month to split. We use about 8 average bc our son likes to watch random videos while we travel somerimes and neither of us have DVD players in our vehicles.

We live out in the boonies. And no carrier works "great" so to speak. We do have WiFi at home and a home phone if needed. (seeing as how I work for windstream :cheeky:)

I swapped from VZW bc their service in my area blows ass and they said they'd never take interest in fixing it. Something on the tower is fucked up. Anyhow,. Att bought out a lot of the old Altell sites and it works pretty well in our area. So we swapped to them.

I just want the shit to work, without forking out a ton of cash every month. Me and wiffey so text quite a bit. We have unlimited text and phone. :Shrug:

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Oh. The straight talk... Man, some people I ask love it and the others despise it. Talking about how hard it is to get something done with cu service etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

stonehenge
03-21-2017, 04:34 PM
We pay about the same for two phones on TMo. Unlimited calls/texts, 2.5gb of high speed, throttled unlimited after that, no data usage by audio streaming (Pandora, Spotify, etc.).

The reason ours costs so much is because we're paying monthly for our phones. If we bought our phones outright, the service would be more like $100/mo

theholycow
03-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Yeah, if you "just want the shit to work", want to use 8GB of high speed, want to get stuff done easily with customer service (vs. mostly figuring shit out for yourself/self-serve/etc), and (based on those statements) tend to have problems/be a needy customer (not an insult, just a different type of customer), that's just a lot of stuff to buy so it's gonna cost a lot. You might trim it a little or find some competition but you're more or less in a similar price bracket as long as you're looking for first-class heavy duty product and CS.

You can look at competitors who use the same towers. They might cut costs by compromising customer service, or by reducing speed, or by reducing audio quality, or by not being fully staffed 24/7, or whatever, but something's gotta give.

My shit's $6 because I have low limits, low speeds, low quality, and presumably no tech support or customer service...I wouldn't know because I pretty much always fix shit myself, except the rare issues that actually require something only available to them (refunds for wrong charges, network registration issues that can't be fixed by deactivating and reactivating or other things within my authority, etc) -- and those I do by email and I expect downtime.

stonehenge
03-21-2017, 06:12 PM
http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/03/21/google-announces-android-o-focus-on-power-management-notifications-and-more/

O RLY

JayBo
03-25-2017, 03:33 PM
I don't mind fixing things myself, and actually have very little faith in most customer service reps.
That's sounds bad being one now myself lol. I'd rather self serve myself almost always.
I just want good coverage. And not to pay 8 zillion dollars.

We are paying monthly for our phones also, which is a major pain in the ass. I'd just as soon go back to a flip phone. My work supplies me a smart phone to use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

stonehenge
05-24-2017, 02:02 PM
Cez - Dem Koreans just got Nougat for the V10. Hopefully you're next. Maybe priority because you listen to kpop.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Cez★
05-25-2017, 01:08 AM
:fuckyeah:

stonehenge
07-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Traded in the V20 to cancel out it's lease. Was a bamf phone, but tired of paying so much per month.

Going to buy a Moto G5 Plus outright and pay off the rest of my wife's Note5. Our bill will drop by like $80 after removing phone lease payments + tax and insurance.

Using a loaner cheap Sammy until my Moto shows up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Cez★
07-04-2017, 09:55 PM
How much was it for the v20?

stonehenge
07-05-2017, 12:28 AM
It was 34/mo before tax, plus 10 for insurance and Jump. Wife's Note5 was about the same.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

But that was because I picked it up at launch. If you jumped to it now, it wouldn't be that much because the retail price has dropped since then.

Cez★
07-05-2017, 12:33 AM
:horyshet:

good call getting an old phone. i think im almost done paying my v10. gonna keep it until it gives out or a good nexus/pixel comes out.

cant wait to start paying for my plan itself again :jester:

theholycow
07-05-2017, 02:12 AM

I'm rocking two $6/mo plans, on my $30 LG Realm and a Samsung M500 flip phone from 2007. I was using a qwerty slider instead of the flip phone but I realized it was just excessively large and butt-dialy and I almost never used the qwerty anyway...might as well use the smaller, sleek flip phone instead. Only complaint is it's not compatible with modern data connectivity but it keeps trying to connect and producing an error that I have to dismiss even though I have data turned off. Meanwhile the Realm is still chugging along, slow as a motherfucker but FIDIL.

Cez★
07-05-2017, 02:49 AM
Cao on that 2 cans connected by string plan :roflmao:

stonehenge
07-05-2017, 06:17 AM
After my earlier post I was thinking "damn, we pay like 2-3 cao phones per month to lease our flagship phones" :jester:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A

Cez★
07-05-2017, 06:54 AM
:serio:

but dem flip phones wont allow me to play muh mobage tho

stonehenge
07-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Can't stream animez on a flip imo.

Getting used to this lil Sammy. Moto is gonna be a beast in comparison lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A

stonehenge
07-14-2017, 10:23 PM
Really liking this G5 Plus.

Only very slight complaint I can think of is that the colors are a little washed out on this LCD. Blacks are dark, whites are bright, and the screen is really sharp, just seems a little undersaturated. But I was using a Samsung for a couple weeks before this and Sammy oversaturates their screens so I may just have to adjust.

Other than that, no complaints. Fingerprint reader is fast, phone performs fast, camera is great, battery life is BAMF, Motorola's version of Android has no bloat at all, almost like a Nexus/Pixel, front facing speaker is nice, 4gb ram, 64gb internal, SD slot, 1080p, 3000mah battery, etc.

It's almost a flagship for less than half the price. Me likes.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Cez★
07-14-2017, 10:59 PM

You been keeping eye on next pixel leaks?

stonehenge
07-15-2017, 06:40 AM
Ish, gonna try to keep this one for at least a couple years and then look at mid range phones or flagships from the year before or something. Not gonna pay monthly again or pay retail for a new flagship.

These mid range phones are nice now imfo

Cez★
07-15-2017, 05:19 PM

After all the time you were getting best of the best. I think im almost done paying for my v10. Ill be keeping this one until it busts again. Then probably pixel. Hopefully has job next year to save

stonehenge
07-15-2017, 07:10 PM
Yeah, tired of paying so much, bought this one outright and gonna roll it until it's dead or a POS or whatever.

Pixel phones look nice, just expensive.

Cez★
07-15-2017, 07:20 PM

Plus imo, theres only so much new phones can do. Like youve noticed with your new phone. Works good enough with most features you want so why get a new expensive one

stonehenge
07-15-2017, 11:25 PM
Yep. Of course the V20 had a better camera, a wide angle lens, hi-fi DAC, QHD resolution, faster processor, but I honestly don't miss any of it. The camera has been great so far, I rarely used the wide angle lens even though it was cool, I listened to music with my best headphones yesterday and sounded BAMF so no need for the DAC, the 1080p is sharp and makes the battery last longer. Fuck it!

I haven't had the battery died on me yet. It's a little smaller than the V20 battery but lasts SO much longer. Megusta

stonehenge
07-17-2017, 06:00 AM
Let my battery run down today. Was a lazy day. Played some basic games, used chrome, Firefox, the Amazon app, took a few pics, etc. All on wifi since I was home all day.

V20 I think the best I could get was maybe 6hrs but usually less.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170717/4440e7f50794deec1a7667918a32ac17.jpg

That's with 1% left.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus

Cez★
07-17-2017, 06:31 AM
:whoa:

stonehenge
07-17-2017, 07:07 AM
Charges fast too. It's been just over an hour since that screenshot and I'm at 70%.

Me likes.

Cez★
07-17-2017, 07:57 AM
me v10 loses most its battery if i play muh animu game for like 2 hours :emo:

stonehenge
07-17-2017, 02:05 PM
My V10 was the same, used that extra battery all the time. :blah:

theholycow
07-17-2017, 02:47 PM
Wow, that's some fast charging!

I have like 7 extra batteries, rarely need to use one but sometimes shit gets busy or flaky charging port fails. I recently bought a universal external charger, it's slow but it works great.

stonehenge
07-17-2017, 04:18 PM
:word: definitely happy with the battery/charging situation on this phone

Cez★
07-17-2017, 10:11 PM
looks like 2nd lg is done :excalibur:

hopefully not but im seriously fucking pissed right now.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

wan how does i do a back up

stonehenge
07-18-2017, 12:44 AM
welp. There's no quick way to back up allthethings.

SMS Backup & Restore (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore) will back up all your SMS, MMS, and call logs. You can have it back up to SD card or Google Drive and can restore it later on any phone.

For photos, move them to your SD card and/or make sure they're all sync'd to Google Photos.

As for app data, it is hit or miss. Some apps will back-up using your Google account, some allow you to export your settings to a file (Nova for example), some don't give you any way to backup and you have to start over on a new phone.

You can also try LG Mobile Switch (or LG Backup) but that will only work if you plan on restoring it to another LG. If you get pissed at LG and move to a different manufacturer then you won't be able to restore it.

What is your V10 doing??

Cez★
07-18-2017, 12:46 AM
same shit as last time. stuck on bootloop

might not be able to restore. again

piece of shit. fuck lg. i sucked their dick for the longest.

gonna throw in freezer and see if that helps/ other wise gonna go to tmo in a bit

stonehenge
07-18-2017, 12:48 AM
I've also read decent things about MyBackup Pro (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupPro) but that shit costs $7 so idk if you'd want to try it.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Fuck that. That is actually one of the reasons I decided to ditch the V20 instead of paying it off. Had heard about bootloops on the V10 (one, now two from you...) and G5 and a couple on the V20. Didn't want to risk paying so much for something that would just start looping at some point. The camera glass on the V20s were sometimes shattering too. Jumped ship. It's too bad because the phones were nice.

Cez★
07-18-2017, 12:49 AM
no money to buy. cant even get it to load :suicide:

i doubt theyll give me something besides another fucking v10 but im going to rape them until they do

stonehenge
07-18-2017, 12:54 AM
Hell yeah try to convince them to give you something else, but even if they give you a V10, I guess a working V10 is better than nothing.

If they don't replace it and you have to buy a new one, there are cheap options that aren't super cao status like the Amazon Prime Exclusive phones. Those are discounted because they have an ad notification on the lockscreen. I paid $300 for my G5 Plus, but could have got it with ads for $240 or the 2gb RAM, 32gb memory version with ads for only $185.

They have other ones that are less beast for like $50 lol

https://smile.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=14613304011&ref=sxts_snpl_6_0_3059782882&qid=1500335498&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3059782882&pf_rd_r=1W2RF35ZD6JB0QYMT9T6&pd_rd_wg=mFxEL&pf_rd_s=desktop-signpost&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_w=LlnUo&pf_rd_i=exclusive+phones&pd_rd_r=Q9SRHKDQDYJ38BPB6AV1

Coworker bought the $50 with ads to play Pokemon Go because the Android version did something that the iOS version didn't (he has an iPhone) and he actually likes it a lot except for the camera being meh.

Just an idea if you have no choice but to buy something and want the most bang for your buck.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Oh and the Amazon ads aren't that intrusive from what I've seen (check Youtube). The only reason I paid full price is because you can't unlock/root the Amazon ones like you can the full price ones. I plan to root this bish and flash ROMs once the warranty is up.

Cez★
07-18-2017, 01:42 AM
ordered a new v10

dude said i could talk to customer service directly and try that but id rather not sit with my thumb up my ass

back to my old ass n4 that somehow never had ANY OF THESE GODDAMN ISSUES

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

might just go with a goddamn iphone next time around

stonehenge
07-18-2017, 02:22 AM
iPhone pls

Kinda want an iPhone SE to play with and swap sim card into sometimes but dnw an iDevice as my main phone.

Cez★
07-18-2017, 02:30 AM
I imagine I wouldn't have to worry about it overheating like a goddamn lg

stonehenge
07-18-2017, 02:57 AM
Or Samsung or Moto or anything else :shrug:

Cez★
07-18-2017, 03:04 AM
Maybe Moto. Don't want to be burned with Sammy :scary:

stonehenge
07-18-2017, 03:14 AM
Loving my Moto. TMo doesn't offer them directly though so you'd have to buy from Amazon, NewEgg, B&H, BestBuy, Moto's site, etc.

Most of those places allow payments so it's about the same as making a payment to TMo.

Or just keep swapping V10s lol

Cez★
07-18-2017, 03:18 AM
Need something that won't fucking die. I could have been receiving nudes.

Need something reliable cuz idk how many times I can transfer my mobile game data

stonehenge
07-18-2017, 04:14 AM

Next time it happens, try tmos twitter and call and bitch at them.

You could jump right now to any phone but you'd start over your lease when you're almost done. Fts

Cez★
07-18-2017, 04:17 AM
Yeah, fuck that.

If I had known about this I would've jumped to something else. Really kicking myself about that

I'll be getting my student loans next month hopefully. I might bite it and just buy a new phone outright

stonehenge
07-18-2017, 02:11 PM
Well hopefully 3rd times the charm and this one doesn't burn itself up.

Cez★
07-18-2017, 05:14 PM
Not holding out hope after the 2nd one. Assholes.

Cez★
08-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Got nougat update. Would be excite if v10 werent such shit

2005_Silverado
08-02-2017, 06:07 PM
still rockin N2 :emo:

Cez★
08-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Bebeh eva need to quit mooching so eddah can get new phone and trans/engine set up

stonehenge
08-02-2017, 11:06 PM
srs, N2 fts

Cez★
08-03-2017, 04:42 AM
http://www.droid-life.com/2017/08/02/lg-v30-display-poled-qhd/

stonehenge
08-03-2017, 07:52 AM
Yeps

Cez★
08-07-2017, 07:54 PM
thats a lot of screen. but fuck you lg

http://www.droid-life.com/2017/08/07/lg-v30-outed-hitrecord-promo-videos/

stonehenge
08-07-2017, 08:05 PM
plus $$$, been trying to pay less attention to new phones and just be happy with the one I have. Which is easy when it doesn't bootloop :uhoh:

of course the fucker didn't bootloop 3 times in the first months you had it, it does that shit when you're about to pay it off

Cez★
08-07-2017, 09:12 PM
:serio:

Even me old laptop took a shit a month after manufacturer warranty expired

2005_Silverado
08-17-2017, 06:13 PM
n2 fkn crashes all the time

stonehenge
08-17-2017, 08:17 PM
that bish is like 5yrs old, that's OG in phone years

Cez★
08-17-2017, 08:36 PM
That great grandparent status imo

V30 looks pretty fucking nice. Fuck you lg

theholycow
08-17-2017, 09:10 PM
We received a shipment of a bunch of 45 inch Promethean touchscreens with Android computers (paid for by a grant for classroom technology). Just assembled one. Fucker is massive. Gotta use your entire arm span to operate the touch screen.

stonehenge
08-17-2017, 10:37 PM

Running a decent version of Android with decent specs or POS with a huge screen?

theholycow
08-18-2017, 12:22 AM
75 inch, not 45. I knew something was wrong when I typed it. Fucking seventy five. YUUUUGE.

Uhh...didn't notice which version, but when we brought it online there was an OS update waiting for it. Looked at least as new as 5/Lollipop.

stonehenge
08-18-2017, 07:39 AM
75" :whoa:

JayBo
09-17-2017, 02:41 PM
So I'm a little slack posting here,l...anyone do much rooting and such anymore?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

stonehenge
09-18-2017, 05:56 AM
I'm usually happy with stock so I only root/ROM if there's a specific feature I want or I get bored.

I rooted my V20 but the ROM selection sucked.

I just flashed a new ROM last night on my Nexus 7 since it hasn't been updated since Marshmallow.

I will probably unlock my G5 Plus after the warranty is up because there are lots of ROMs available for it so it would be fun to flash them.

Cez★
09-18-2017, 03:10 PM
Thoughts on upcoming google event?

stonehenge
09-18-2017, 04:17 PM
new pixel won't have headphone jack, will have a screen that fills the face of the phone and is tall (think S8, LG G6, iPhone X, etc.), etc. Will be bamf but probably only sold by VZW and Google and maybe some other 3rd party retailers but not other carriers.

:shrug:

Cez★
09-18-2017, 04:39 PM
Jojo gonna pay me back finally in the coming weeks. Maybe eill get? :animehmm:

stonehenge
09-19-2017, 04:15 AM
Would roll Pixel XL, just wish they'd keep the headphone jack. Also no SD slot if you care.

Cez★
09-19-2017, 04:57 AM
still with that no sd shit google? :excalibur:

and how can they still charge $200 for doubling of storage. fucking dicks.

tho wanna see how it looks. mehbeh will buy. cant remember last time i use headphone jack for headphones.

theholycow
09-19-2017, 11:57 AM
I root every time since my cheapies usually need it, but I'm still rocking the same one as years ago.

I used to like the idea of no bezel but that just means it will crack more easily when dropped and the screen will pick up touches when you're just trying to hold the damn thing.

No jack, no SD, WTF is this Apple?

Cez★
09-19-2017, 03:34 PM
Close enough

stonehenge
09-19-2017, 10:01 PM
the sd has luckily come back or stuck around on most phones except for Apple and Pixels. My Moto has an sd slot (in the same tray as the SIM), the new Samsungs/LGs do.

The headphone jack fucking sucks and I'm sure more OEMs are going to remove them as time goes on. I have a pair of bluetooth ear buds that I like but having the ability to plug into AUX or use whatever headphones without batteries is always nice.

Cez★
09-19-2017, 10:23 PM
Pinche $800+ for pixel xl's :excalibur:

stonehenge
09-19-2017, 11:53 PM
yep, flagships gon' flagship

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

that's why I decided fts, my $300 Moto is less than half that shit and doesn't feel any slower than my V20 did. Camera isn't as good but screen is nice, battery is better than any phone I've had, it's fast, has an sd slot, headphone jack, is unlockable, 64gb internal, 4gb RAM, plenty of phone.

and since I'm not paying monthly for it like the V10/V20, saving a shitload per month

stonehenge
10-11-2017, 07:34 PM
kinda been wanting smartwatch :pow:

something that looks nice instead of :nerd:, maybe a Fossil Q Explorist.

but $250-275 :uhoh:

Cez★
10-11-2017, 08:49 PM
fts. get new pixel instead

stonehenge
10-11-2017, 10:39 PM
that's a little more than $275 :imo

Plus, my Moto has been great to me :shrug:

TATERNATER
10-12-2017, 04:35 AM
Im stuck with a iphone 6 and need halp! What would be a good droid with none of the bs or addware. Ive been looking at the google phone but idk much aboot these things. I utoob, wach tv, gps, and get on here all on my phone just to give ya an idea of how i use it. This pos is just so godam lazy, intrusive, and the touchscreen is infuriatingly vague.

stonehenge
10-12-2017, 06:44 PM
1. Best no-bloat device is the Pixel line. Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are coming out now but they are flagships so they're pricey. These are Google's phones so they have the latest updates at all times, you can opt into beta versions, there are lots of case options, etc. Last years Pixel and Pixel XL are dropping in price, should be updated for another year or two, are solid phones, but they aren't as sexy as the new ones.

2. Motos are next best. They have one non-stock app installed by default and it's actually useful. I love mine. They have models ranging from $100 to flagship prices depending on what you want. They push out updates slower than Google's Pixel phones but are still usually fairly up to date.

3. There are some other decent OEMs making fairly clean phones (OnePlus for example). Stay away from Samsung and LG if you want bloat free.

4. Send me that iPhone 6 for free when you're done so I can learn iOS better and support all these sheeps at work more efficiently.

TATERNATER
10-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Perfect. Thank you wan-sama

stonehenge
10-12-2017, 11:21 PM
<3

2005_Silverado
10-23-2017, 04:20 PM
so legit need a new phone....would like a bamf camera cuz is what I mostly use to take bby pics. What can I get for aboot tree fiddy?

stonehenge
10-23-2017, 04:44 PM
welp - samsungs, LGs, and Pixels have the best cameras usually but to get one for tree fiddy, you'll have to get one that's a couple years old probably.

This place rates phone cameras: https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

2005_Silverado
10-23-2017, 04:48 PM
iirc s6 edge is around 350? im ok it not being newly released, gotta remember I have a n2 :roflsad:

stonehenge
10-23-2017, 05:08 PM
n2 :uhoh:

2005_Silverado
10-23-2017, 05:13 PM
imo, any newer phone will be an upgrade :rofl2:

2005_Silverado
10-25-2017, 04:38 PM
srsly need :help: buncha phones on swappa but I have no clue :emo:

stonehenge
10-25-2017, 06:17 PM
well if you want bamf camera for $350 then definitely need to go a little older. There are decent new phones for $300-400 but the camera tends to be the corner that gets cut. The cameras aren't trash but they aren't bamf.

What carrier are you on?

2005_Silverado
10-25-2017, 06:26 PM
Verizon...n2 has 8mp, S6 (Not set on this phone but its one that keeps popping up for 350ish or less) has 16mp cam...are there even better ones than that worth an extra 1-200?

stonehenge
10-25-2017, 06:54 PM
Don't pay too much attention to the megapixels imo. That's just the size of the photo, not necessarily the quality. With that said, the S6/S6E/Note5 have great cameras. My wife's Note 5 camera is better than my Moto (which was released earlier this year).

If you can find one in the right price range, the S7/S7E doesn't have a camera that sticks out the back to get scratched, it has waterproofing, faster processor, 1gb more ram, "always on screen", bigger battery, nicer camera even though it's 12mp, and that bish comes in black.

If they are too much, the S6 is still bamf. My wife is still using her Note 5 (same generation as the S6) and that thing is still bamf.

2005_Silverado
10-25-2017, 07:27 PM
:sheit:

didn't know that..lol

looks like swappa has some s7e for 370, can do that

TATERNATER
10-25-2017, 08:15 PM
Nice, may check out swappa. Im still looking myself at the g5s... idk

stonehenge
10-25-2017, 09:25 PM
dat Moto?

The camera on the g5/g5+/g5s/g5s+ isn't amazing. It can take decent pics but overall it's just not as good as flagships. But considering it is $300ish brand new and has a non-bloated OS with 4gb/64gb (in the case of my G5+ anyway), can't complain much.

2005_Silverado
10-25-2017, 11:31 PM
found s7+ even cheaper locally :wtf:

Cez★
10-25-2017, 11:35 PM
score

stonehenge
10-26-2017, 02:00 AM
found s7+ even cheaper locally :wtf:Meet at a VZW store to make sure that shit isn't blacklisted.

TATERNATER
10-26-2017, 06:31 AM
Wanz so smart

2005_Silverado
10-26-2017, 03:29 PM
Meet at a VZW store to make sure that shit isn't blacklisted.

Wanz so smart

that^ :repz:

Last time I sold a phone, dude didn't wanna meet at store since I had given him the ESN and watnot. IDK wtf he did from the time he took it from when he went to the store to activate it that he said it didn't work no more. :wank: good thing that vzw saw I had insurance on it up until a few hrs before and they replaced it for him on the spot but I had to go to the store.

stonehenge
10-26-2017, 03:45 PM
People will sell their phones that are on lease and then stop paying their contract. Once that happens, the carrier blacklists the phone and it stops working.

Or they'll sell the phone for $350 then call insurance and pay the $100 deductible to say they lost it. So they end up with $250 and a new phone, you end up with blacklisted mini tablet with no cell service.

So by meeting at the store, they can check to make sure it's paid off and whatnot and activate it on your account on the spot.

2005_Silverado
10-26-2017, 06:30 PM
sneaky foks

stonehenge
11-02-2017, 09:03 PM
want dat new Razer phone. Shit looks BAMF. 90* angles everywhere, matte black rectangle, BAMF dual front facing speakers, 120hz screen, 4000mAh battery, 8gb RAM, 64gb internal, fingerprint reader in the button in the side, wide angle camera in the back, comes with Nova Prime as the stock launcher, best processor currently out, USB-C charging.

All for $700. It's not a cheap phone but it's not as pricey as the Samsung, Google, Apples, etc. phones that are sporting similar specs.

Lack of headphone jack is the only negative I can find and it comes with an adapter so I guess it's a half-negative.

Need to find $700 somewhere.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzC_kkbFTHQ

TATERNATER
11-05-2017, 07:13 PM
Dayyyym but no expandable memory?

stonehenge
11-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Internal: 64GB UFS
External: microSD (class 10, 2TB max.)

Sauce: https://www.razerzone.com/mobile/razer-phone

:read:

stonehenge
11-22-2017, 05:00 PM
I did something

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/11/21/deal-alert-fossil-q-gen-3-smartwatches-30-off-178-q-wander-q-marshal-50-off-137/

:uhoh:

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Actually, wifey did. Dat anniversary gift. :cheeky:

Cez★
11-22-2017, 05:41 PM
:orly:

chevyrado14
11-22-2017, 05:47 PM
I did too see sig :cheeky: :datpanda:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

stonehenge
11-22-2017, 06:11 PM
dat Fossil Q Explorist

gonna pick it up after work

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Oh lawd Pixel 2 XL

:skeet:

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

"but omg it has blueshift"

"but gfys, don't be looking at my screen from the side :security:"

chevyrado14
11-22-2017, 09:29 PM
Haven't even noticed it. The only thing I see occasionally is some weirdness from my screen protector. It's a beast phone. Best one I've had.

stonehenge
11-22-2017, 09:46 PM
My G5 Plus has been great for the $300 but damn, am jelly.

(except headphone jack, RIP)

chevyrado14
11-22-2017, 09:56 PM
Eh it's got a dangle er dongle. Hardly use headphones anyway. I have Bluetooth ear buds.

stonehenge
11-22-2017, 10:06 PM
at work I use my bt buds. Easy to pop in/out of the ears and they hang magnetically around my neck and tuck into my collar if I need them to be hidden.

At home though I have some nice over-ear Sonys that I use whenever I can since they sound so much better. dingle dangle would be required, which is fine until battery gets low.

Overall, I'd survive, just sad to see it go.

theholycow
11-23-2017, 01:37 PM
More connectivity > less connectivity. Sometimes a good old fashioned physical port is right even though bluetooth is (subjectively) better most of the time.

Well, I guess you could get some sort of bruetoofs->wired adapter, something with its own battery and female 1/8" jack.

A quick googling:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Liztek-Wireless-Bluetooth-Audio-Music-Streaming-Receiver/102744151
"Turns normal headphones and speakers into Wireless Bluetooth devices."
$15, and I saw cheaper ones

:hmm:

...nah, I'd never end up using it because all my shit still has jacks. (Even, strangely enough, new 2017 model iPad. Guess crapple figures it's easier on big ol' iPad than little phone where it's really needed more.)

I've been using bluetooth stuff a lot more lately. Been getting tons of earphones and speakers for a buck or two each (thanks to elitedealclub; if you try it, be careful nobody else on your IP address uses it or you'll both end up banned). The technology is definitely better than when I last tried it and got irritated at it, but unless I drive around with this shit turned on, paired, and hanging on my neck, it's still a pain in the ass answering calls with it...wired still wins, I can plug it in and answer before it's too late.

Great for music and video though! (And for answering calls when already in use.) In the server room, working on the car, watching something good while wife watches lame stuff on the TV...

stonehenge
12-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Been getting tons of earphones and speakers for a buck or two each (thanks to elitedealclub; if you try it, be careful nobody else on your IP address uses it or you'll both end up banned).

dafuk is this

brb google

theholycow
12-01-2017, 05:11 PM
It's elitedealclub.com

I guess originally it was a free/cheap stuff in exchange for Amazon reviews program, but with changes to Amazon's review rules it's now just free/cheap stuff. I put in as many reviews as Amazon will let me (they limit you to a few "non-verified" reviews per week) anyway, cherry-picking the ones I can honestly give 5 stars.

Deals go live at 10am, 2pm, and 8pm Eastern time. There's only one of each item available (most return the next day though). The good items are tough to get, gotta be fast on the draw. Also, it's easy to get banned as if you were abusing the system even if you're not, so make sure you use a dedicated clean portable browser and only do it from the same IP address every time and make sure nobody else is doing it from that IP.

Also, don't sign up with a disposable email address, the confirmation emails never arrive.

stonehenge
12-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Signed up with a secondary gmail. Looked through the stuff that is currently available and tried one, it gave me an error when I clicked the coupon button. :pow:

Will try to catch it at 10a/2p/8p :shake: and I'm now regretting doing this from work because we have some weird NATing shit here so it will probably look like I'm coming from a couple different IPs and if anyone else here uses the site then... fak

theholycow
12-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Try some other items. Often an item that has already been sold is still listed and you just get a weird error instead of being told it's sold. You aren't obligated to buy something just because you scored the coupon code for it from EDC, but I suspect that too many unused codes will get you banned (at which point you get unhelpful errors on every item).

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

2pm Eastern just happened...did you get anything?

The big problem with EDC is that I've been blowing a shit ton of money, 60 cents or $2.50 at a time, on a ton of shit I need but would have survived without...as well as little luxuries like bruetoofs and such.

You can get one item at 10am, then 4 at 2pm/8pm (not 4 each, but 4 total). Sometimes the server runs so slowly that it can't update its database and I can squeeze multiple 10am items out of it. Today it let me get 5 2pm items, which has only ever happened before when I didn't get anything at 10am.

Amazon Prime is almost a prerequisite. Without it you either select things that cost over $25 (before EDC coupon code), or you have to add filler to your cart - and usually you can't add another EDC item, if you do then usually only one item gets the EDC discount. Adding filler is tough, I tried adding regular groceries that I always need but without Prime the selection is awful and the prices are too.

stonehenge
12-02-2017, 12:14 AM
I haz prime :cheeky:

I checked at 10:04 or so (well 12:04 here) and the only things that looked kinda interesting were the google cardboard headsets but I'd never use them :jester: will keep trying it out

theholycow
12-02-2017, 02:13 PM
10:04? That's 4 minutes after all the good stuff is gone. You gotta be aggressive at 9:59am, 1:59pm, 7:59pm. Make sure you're receiving the emails, look through it to select a few things ahead of time, then prepopulate your browser's Find with one item, your clipboard with another, and a text editor with a third highlighted so you can copypaste it fast.

The good stuff is gone in seconds after it goes live.

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Then again, fuck you, don't get my good stuff bro! :secret:

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

In short:
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/37871725/ooh-you-almost-had-it-you-gotta-be-quicker-than-that.jpg

race2c
12-02-2017, 09:31 PM
replaced battery in Nexus 6P the other day. device is running great again. now can actually make it through the day. haha.

theholycow
12-03-2017, 01:23 PM
My LG Realm has shit the bed. Can't enable WiFi or Bluetooth; it tries but never fully enables, then it gives up after a few minutes. Also Hangouts crashes. Delete wpa_supplicant.conf and reboot sometimes helps temporarily, usually doesn't. Tried a wipe, no better.

Gotta replace motherboard from a spare or just fucking buy something slightly less obsolete already.

TATERNATER
12-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Did u try turning it off and back on again? :sheeky:

stonehenge
12-04-2017, 07:23 AM
Cao: will try to be more on top of dem deals this week. Also, get a newer phone :jester:

Cam: dat surgery :fistbump:

stonehenge
12-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Cao get an iPhone X, it's only $1000 and then you can get all the $.80-$2 cases on EDC.

theholycow
12-04-2017, 06:00 PM
:word:

If there's one thing you can depend on finding on EDC every day without fail, it's iPhone cases.

stonehenge
12-04-2017, 08:06 PM
welp, was too slow (was refreshing from 11:58 until the page updated) for the bamf tool backpack. Got a $23 slim wallet for $3 though lol

theholycow
12-04-2017, 09:24 PM
I got the BAMF tool backpack. It arrived yesterday. Only had a few seconds to look at it porque busy but seemed pretty BAMF indeed.

Actually not much good stuff on EDC today.

2005_Silverado
12-06-2017, 01:28 AM
fkn broke my glass screen protector...idk how but it has a nice crack n its starting to spread :pissedfist: time for a different kinda protectorz

stonehenge
12-06-2017, 09:39 AM
Hey but the phone's glass survived right?

2005_Silverado
12-06-2017, 04:40 PM
looks like it,...haven't removed to inspect. ordered a new case since this one broke up top where it bends at the edges. Cant blame the case tho since its not meant to work with a glass protector..maybe a film type yeah but not glass.

chevyrado14
12-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Sideloaded 8.1 on my pixel through adb. Been awhile since I messed around with adb. :feelsgoodman:

stonehenge
12-10-2017, 01:34 AM
Jelly, want P2XL

There are 8.0 ROMs for my Moto but I haven't unlocked the bootloader yet since that coids my warranty. Good too because lately the vibrate randomly stops working and slapping it around makes it work again do I think it is a hardware issue....

theholycow
12-11-2017, 07:50 PM
...and meanwhile I'm stuck at 4.4.2.

stonehenge
12-11-2017, 08:10 PM
So I was going to say "stone age cao" then I thought "hmm, might find some jesty pics of stone age bovine", so I google imaged "stone age cao". This was in the results:

https://i.redd.it/en2v7qjl6d9z.jpg

:wtf:

Cez★
12-11-2017, 09:32 PM
:lol2:

TATERNATER
12-11-2017, 10:40 PM
4.4.2>iOS all day

stonehenge
12-12-2017, 04:22 PM
4.4.2>iOS all day

I'd say it depends on the hardware.

theholycow
12-13-2017, 04:42 PM
So I was going to say "stone age cao" then I thought "hmm, might find some jesty pics of stone age bovine", so I google imaged "stone age cao". This was in the results:

[img]https://i.redd.it/en2v7qjl6d9z.jpg[img]

:wtf:

:roflsquared:

4.4.2>iOS all day

I'd say my stone age moose-raped rooted 4.4.2 LG LS620 might be about equal to my 2017 model 5th gen 32GB iPad...

Rooted LG is allowed to do all the shit that crapple can't, has removable battery, SD slot, etc. It has a real fucking filesystem, available to all apps. I can monkey around with storage and apps and shit. I can fix shit I hate about the OS. I can use apps like WiFi analyzer for my job as network admin. Apps that don't exist on expensive-to-list iStore exist for Android. Can use Amazon Appstore too, and I have a ton of promotional credits there. For all the years I've had it it has run like absolute shit, but a recent heavy-duty wipe job, ROM flash of debloated OS, and further manual debloating have made it run better than it ever has.

iPad has damn fine hardware, software runs pretty nicely, has 32x as much internal storage, and connects to USB OTG devices so the lack of a SD slot is less important than it was on my old one. I've recently decided that the fingerprint reader is kinda great too; not using it for real security, but it keeps the nephew and niece out of my shit when I'm not supervising.

If I had to choose one it would still be the old LG.

stonehenge
12-13-2017, 04:56 PM
or a newer LG that also has removable battery, more internal storage, usb otg, fingerprint reader

:miyagi:

theholycow
12-13-2017, 06:46 PM

TATERNATER
12-13-2017, 10:03 PM

2005_Silverado
12-14-2017, 04:31 PM
got a notice I have an update pending :chuy: its coo

JayBo
01-14-2018, 01:23 AM
So... Im changing my phone's, plan, all that shit
Has brand new VZW s4 and 2 ATT s7 that will be unlocked for sale..

theholycow
01-14-2018, 02:55 PM
...but nothing for Sprint.

:foreveralone:

JayBo
01-15-2018, 06:13 PM
Won't the unlocked ones work for Sprint?

stonehenge
01-15-2018, 06:30 PM
One that was purchased unlocked from Samsung *might* work on Sprint but it's highly unlikely that a VZW or ATT bought phone will work for cao.

One of those unlocked ATT ones would work for me on TMo and would probably be more beast that my Moto but I are poor so...

How much you want?

JayBo
01-16-2018, 01:07 AM
I is poor too, and nothing wrong w them.at all. Mines 2 yrs old and been in a case since day 1. Wife's is only 3 months old and has OtterBox on it.

Wtf they worth? She wants to go back to iPhone. I don't really GAF. If mine will work I may keep it. Have an old iPhone 6 right now am using to test strsight talk

stonehenge
01-16-2018, 01:29 AM
Idk what they're worth but let me know how much for an S7 and might do. Shit, let me know how much for the iPhone6 too if you stop using that. Been kinda wanting to get an old iPhone to learn iOS a bit better.

JayBo
01-16-2018, 04:25 AM
Paid my s7off, waiting for unlock code from ATT now. Also waiting on now sim from ST to have my current number ported.. apparently you can't reuse a Straight talk sim once it's activated....da fuq?

stonehenge
01-16-2018, 03:08 PM
:smileshrug: I've never reused a SIM before on any carrier (never tried). Maybe they all do that?

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Well I've reused them by moving them from phone to phone but I've never tried to change the number associated with a SIM like you're wanting.

theholycow
01-16-2018, 05:35 PM
One that was purchased unlocked from Samsung *might* work on Sprint but it's highly unlikely that a VZW or ATT bought phone will work for cao.

I was just jesting around...Too fucking broke to contribute to The Jaybo Fund anyway. https://i.imgur.com/aJl4lCn.png

stonehenge
01-16-2018, 05:49 PM
Normally I'd be that broked. But the bluetooth on my G5+ has been a little annoying lately with my watch connected 24/7, BT in the tracker, and a couple BT speakers. With one device it's fine but with the watch 24/7 and swapping between the others, it doesn't behave well. Worked fine on POS Samsung J3 I borrowed and it's done this on two G5+s (had to send one in, got a refurb back).

So if Yaybo's S7 (or maybe iP6) aren't too pricey, might do. maybe. G5+ is fine otherwise, just flaky BT.

stonehenge
01-18-2018, 03:00 AM
TMo has "certified pre-owned" V20s for $288. Miss dat V20. This Moto has cleaner software and much better battery but the BT on the V20 was better and dat camera. :chin:

Cez★
01-18-2018, 03:48 AM
:lol:

Pinche juan was doing well with cheapo moto. Now wants cheapo v20

stonehenge
01-18-2018, 02:37 PM
Lol the Moto is a nice lil phone. The camera isn't great but it's okay, I've been fine with it for the year or so I've had the phone. It's the Bluetooth that's been pissing me off. Wifey's Note5 connects to the stereo in the tracker no problem and same for the bt adapter we had in the CV. The Moto struggles to connect, sometimes I need to reboot it, sometimes the audio skips when it does connect, etc. Randomly I'll notice it isn't connected to my watch and have to go in and reconnect it (which sometimes fails until reboot).

So yeah, I can deal with the camera but the BT is driving me crazy.

Gonna look for the best phone I can find for around $300 (probably used) and keep the Moto as a backup since we don't have insurance or warranties on our phones.

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

Brb convincing wifey that spending $850 on a Pixel 2 XL is a good financial choice for our future.

JayBo
01-19-2018, 05:38 PM
ATT been jerking me around the last 5 days. I just got off the phone with them for the 4th time... I've paid off both phones so them bitches belong to ME now... and they won't unlock them
Mine still says I owe on it... and wiffey's says that it's not an ATT device..

I don't give a shit about phones anymore, I'm almost tempted to get flip fone.