Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #901
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

hmm and your sure you renamed it to update.zip and its in the base directory of the sdcard?

You don't have your extensions hidden do you? If so, you may have named it update.zip.zip
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #902
jschrock

jschrock keeps his budget balanced
jschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
hmm and your sure you renamed it to update.zip and its in the base directory of the sdcard?

You don't have your extensions hidden do you? If so, you may have named it update.zip.zip
LMAO i think that might acually be the problem, using a diff computer
jschrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #903
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

damn computers always fuckin shit up
Old 04-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #904
jschrock

jschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balancedjschrock keeps his budget balanced

yup lol, i got it finally... Now to get the themes...

Last edited by jschrock; 04-14-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #905
stonehenge

I thought you installed the themed one!?
Old 04-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #906
jschrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
I thought you installed the themed one!?
i did, but i am installing the "blue" one ?
Old 04-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #907
stonehenge

Ohhh okay, I like the standard one. Until this ROM I'd been using smoked glass with blue accents so I'm kinda burned out on the black/blue thing. But it is a sekzy combo.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #908
jschrock

I like this one...but dunno how to get it on there...
Old 04-14-2010, 11:50 PM   #909
stonehenge

That's the dark smoked glass. If you had installed the Ultimate Droid Themed one you would have got it... instead of the NexTheme one :/
Old 04-14-2010, 11:56 PM   #910
jschrock

Ok, i installed:
Ultimate Droid V9.8.0 Stock Ulitmate Droid Theme Update.zip (Theme Only - Not Full Install)

and still cannot get it on there? Damn i feel like an idiot..

I have the black screen with red dots going across it
Old 04-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #911
stonehenge

black screen with red dots wtfffff
Old 04-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #912
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

maybe the boot screen before the eye loads??
Old 04-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #913
stonehenge

I hope you made a backup before

I mean you can always mount the usb via Recovery and put a rom on it to flash so your not stuck by any means.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #914
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Thats the only screen with red dots that comes to mind..
Old 04-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #915
stonehenge

Yeah but I've never seen a phone freeze in the boot animation. I've seen it loop forever or never reach the animation, but never freeze in the middle. Oh well, theres a first for everything lol
Old 04-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #916
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

yeah mines looped foreverrrrr before. It actually loops 2 times booting with UD right now. Dunno why, but oh well.
I haven't cut it off in several days now either, so its no biggie
Old 04-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #917
stonehenge

Flatching new rawm
Old 04-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #918
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Cynoagen?? Or whatever?
Old 04-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #919
stonehenge

Yeah there is an app to flash it but it is theme-less, with a standard kernel. So you have to flash the rom, then flash a kernel, and if you want a theme, flash that also. I did the rom/kernel. Using the stock theme for a bit but I'm already getting tired of it LOL

This rom has some interesting features. 360* rotation, USB tethering built in, when music is playing and phone is asleep you can hold vol up or down to change tracks, can install apps to your sdcard (essentially unlimited space for apps since 16gb = ZOMG ALO), more settings in Contacts app, more settings in Messages (led color, blink speed, vibrate pattern, etc), almost 100% working 3d launcher, and of course little tweaks and whatnot in the background.

So far I'm liking it. When I first installed it, it seemed slow but after putting Helix on it and overclocking it, it feels good like UD did lol
Old 04-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #920
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

So straight up how do you like it compared to UD?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #921
stonehenge

Fresh install vs Fresh install I like UD better I think because it comes bundled with a theme and a kernel thats good to go.

But the added features in CM make it worth finding/flashing the kernel and theme. I think. LOL

Still messing with it.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #922
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Let me know. I wish the messaging app had the options you're talking about.
Handcent really has all of those options though
Old 04-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #923
stonehenge

I would occassionally get fuck ups with handcent. I really did like it but every now and then I wouldn't get messages or it wouldn't let me send some or I would see a message in my notification bar and then go into handcent and it wasn't there. Stupid shit like that.

This modified one has led color, blink speed, vibrate pattern, black background in txts instead of white, font size, and you can hide names.

Nothing ZOMG but just enough settings to make me not miss handcent.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #924
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Noice!

BTW, UD is STILLLLLLL randomly erasing some of my text threads!! What the hell??
Old 04-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #925
stonehenge

CM is like DroidMod. You can download the rom from the internet and flash it yourself or you can download Rom Manager and install the recovery/rom that way. The only thing that "sucks" is that the Rom Manager also lets you flash themes, kernels, etc just by looking through a list and choosing what you want. It is actually really cool but to do that you need Rom Manager Premium ($4) The free version ONLY lets you flash the rom and recovery.

Oh and the Premium version also has a big list of other non-CM roms that you can flash via the app.

It might actually be worth the $4 because even if I end up not liking CM, there are a bunch of other roms on there too