Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-27-2010, 01:31 AM   #2801
Bass

Bass likes big butts and he cannot lie.Bass likes big butts and he cannot lie.Bass likes big butts and he cannot lie.Bass likes big butts and he cannot lie.Bass likes big butts and he cannot lie.
Default Re: Android Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
Hell you could put FroYo on your phone without a computer.
Orly?

post and run from my Droid X
Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:37 AM   #2802
MikeH
waffler

MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:38 AM   #2803
Bass

Bass likes big butts and he cannot lie.Bass likes big butts and he cannot lie.Bass likes big butts and he cannot lie.Bass likes big butts and he cannot lie.Bass likes big butts and he cannot lie.

Quote:
And how would one attempt that?

Old 08-27-2010, 01:43 AM   #2804
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

bass, just do it live
Quote:
Zomg want now!
imo
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:49 AM   #2805
MikeH
waffler

Download FroYo, put the update.zip on the root of your SD, download root explorer and move SU from /bin to /xbin, boot into recovery and apply update.zip
Old 08-27-2010, 01:58 AM   #2806
MikeH
waffler

RT @_mrbirdman_ After this rom, the vanilla work begins
Old 08-27-2010, 02:05 AM   #2807
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Download FroYo, put the update.zip on the root of your SD, download root explorer and move SU from /bin to /xbin, boot into recovery and apply update.zip
Bass, do et. After 2.2 you can get flash in your browser (pr0n and nick jr. videos), do "update all" in the market, use chrome to phone, and probably so other stuff.
Quote:
RT @_mrbirdman_ After this rom, the vanilla work begins
Old 08-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #2808
MikeH
waffler

Does nobody want the D2? They are in stock and the X is still pushed back.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:38 AM   #2809
stonehenge

rofl X and Inc are both out of stock all the time, D2 be like

I guess the DroidPRO might end up being a D2 with the other radios/sim card slot built in, it may not have a 4" screen and 1.3ghz or whatever like rumors are saying.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:40 AM   #2810
Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
(pr0n and nick jr. videos
NEVER USE THOSE TOGETHER AGAIN.

And i can't get root explorer to dl. Keeps doing as a" text"

Old 08-27-2010, 02:46 AM   #2811
MikeH
waffler

Rename from .txt to .apk and you will be good.

That's what I heard too Juan. I thought it was crazy for moto to release another phone so soon.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:51 AM   #2812
Bass

So im hearing i have to unroot my phone in order to update to 2.2 and rename all the shit i renamed. Is this right?

Old 08-27-2010, 02:59 AM   #2813
MikeH
waffler

I don't think you do if you bootstrap recovery and download and install from rom manager.

You don't have to unroot. If you do it the stock recovery way you have to rename all the bloat tho.

What did you use to rename if you didn't already have root explorer?
Old 08-27-2010, 03:03 AM   #2814
Bass

God damn it. Why have i not heard/read about bootstrap right as i start to halfway understand i get lost again.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:10 AM   #2815
MikeH
waffler

It lets you run a custom recovery which in turn let's you run custom roms
Old 08-27-2010, 03:14 AM   #2816
stonehenge

Bootstrap is an app that hijacks the phone as it starts to boot up, before all the OS files are loaded. You can use it to flash roms (OSes) on the phone. You can also use it to make backups of the phone.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Mike, how did you stop the verizon site from popping up everytime you plugged your phone in? I think when I fixed the drivers this morning it changed someting because now that POS pops up every time
Old 08-27-2010, 03:16 AM   #2817
MikeH
waffler

When you plug your phone in the Moto logo should show up on the bottom right of your comp, right click it and change what it does on connect.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:20 AM   #2818
stonehenge

repd

brb gonna hax it to launch pr0n and nick jr at connect
Old 08-27-2010, 03:24 AM   #2819
Bass

Am i going to have to buy bootstaps? I can't seem to find it

Old 08-27-2010, 03:25 AM   #2820
stonehenge

nah the guy who made it releases it free on his site: http://www.koushikdutta.com/

Oh and:

xXEvilGhostXx: @_mrbirdman_ r u releasing your rom tonight?
_mrbirdman_: @xXEvilGhostXx indeed...just waiting on a few more things to finish up for it..

bbedsworth: @_mrbirdman_ will @koush's bootstrap interfere with this like it did the original leak? Or are we okay to have it installed?
_mrbirdman_: @bbedsworth whatever modifications youve made to the rom wont matter, its a full update.zip (not that patch crap)

:ahhh:
Old 08-27-2010, 03:25 AM   #2821
MikeH
waffler

Juan can probably link you to it. I would but I'm on TT, no comp ATM.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:29 AM   #2822
MikeH
waffler

Oh and Juan relink Bass to the link I posted to rootzwiki. He NEEDS to download that. It contains EVERYTHING he needs, even bootstrap.

Edit: Here you go Bass. Download this on your comp.

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php/Main-...n-Dropped.html

Last edited by MikeH; 08-27-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:35 AM   #2823
stonehenge

Mike is more efficient on TT than I am on PC
Old 08-27-2010, 03:45 AM   #2824
Bass

Fug it, this is starting to sound way more complicated that what i can do sitting in the hosptial

Old 08-27-2010, 03:50 AM   #2825
MikeH
waffler

The file I posted contains everything in case you fuck your phone up on accident. It contains the following.

RSD Lite with patch
Drivers
SBF
Bootstrap
ROM Manager
FroYo update.zip incase you dont wanna do the ROM Manager way.
Instructions on how to do everything.