Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #1876
MikeH
waffler

MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Hows the battery life of the X?
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #1877
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Great. Seems better than my Droid was. I charge it every night and use the shit out of it during the day and rarely NEED to charge it. Sometimes I throw it on the charger if I'm sitting near it or something but it hasn't died on me yet.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #1878
linden

linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.
linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.

anyone have a samsung intercept im thinking of getting and dont know dick about droid phones. i was thinking about getting the motorola i1 for nextel but i guess there network sucks so im switching to sprint. that and the i1 is on the first droid platform
Old 07-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #1879
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

The i1 is OK but it has old software on it and low res screen and whatnot. As far as network, I'm pretty sure Sprint and Nextel are exactly the same...

But if you are going Sprint, Evo is a beast
Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #1880
MikeH
waffler

Do want EVO

Have you found any other cases for the X? I think Im gonna order a case and screen protector ahead of time.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #1881
stonehenge

As far as TPU cases, they only have the "Argyle" ones from what I've seen. The pattern is on the inside and isn't that obvious on my smoked case. But if you want non-TPU, there are lots of cases out for it already. Snap on, silicone, etc. I haven't put a screen protector on the beast yet.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #1882
MikeH
waffler

I hate snap on and silicone cases. Will probably go the TPU route. Nobody makes like a slider case?
Old 07-30-2010, 09:15 PM   #1883
stonehenge

What do you mean by slider case? Like a pouch you slide it into?
Old 07-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #1884
MikeH
waffler

Like this but obviously not for iPhone.

http://www.goincase.com/products/det...r-case-cl59044

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Rooting it is seriously this easy?

http://www.softsailor.com/news/35181...-released.html
Old 07-30-2010, 09:46 PM   #1885
stonehenge

Ohhhhh ok, I had one like that for my Touch.

Haven't seen any for the X though. Most likely due to the hump.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

lol yes its very easy. Even before the little GUI app was made, it was super easy. But it is only root, not recovery
Old 07-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #1886
MikeH
waffler

Ah ok. Thats fuckin awesome its that easy. Im gonna order from costco when I get back. They have free activation and accessories.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:14 PM   #1887
stonehenge

its a nice phone, don't think you'll be disappointed. (except for the bootloader of course)
Old 07-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #1888
MikeH
waffler

If FroYo comes soon I wont really care. The shitty thing is you can't overclock and no black bar. I don't even use half the feautures in CM.

Do you pay the extra 30 a month to tether? Dunno if I should try to get away with not paying it since I'm gonna be tethering a lot.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:48 PM   #1889
stonehenge

It should be $20, not $30 and its limited to 2gb I think. Up to you if you want to try it out. You can always cancel it if you find yourself going over 2gb or not using it much or whatever. Froyo should be here in August at some point, many say early August . The phone is fast enough that I have NO want to OC it. The Droid I had to OC but the X is a beast.

I just want my fucking black bar!! Which can be achieved with just root, some people have already done it. The only thing is, there is currently no way to recover from a bricked phone. Screwing up the black bar (framework-res.apk) can cause a brick. So it is too risky right now.

So once they figure out a way to go back to stock, the black bar is completely possible without recovery!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:51 PM   #1890
MikeH
waffler

Yeah its 20, Sprint was 30. Well hopefully they figure that shit out. I hate the white bar.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 PM   #1891
stonehenge

Yeah some people have done it and released the files to do it but others have messed up and ended up in a bootloop with no way to recover from it. I'd rather wait a while LOL
Old 07-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #1892
MikeH
waffler

Yeah definitely not gonna risk it.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:39 PM   #1893
stonehenge

birdman (a dev) said that the end of the week (now..) sometime, he should have an "unbricking" method ready. Sounds promising.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:04 AM   #1894
MikeH
waffler

That would be pretty useful.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:37 AM   #1895
stonehenge

Default Re: Android Thread

That it would.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:00 AM   #1896
linden

linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.
linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.linden is so cold, he'll kick a man when hes down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
The i1 is OK but it has old software on it and low res screen and whatnot. As far as network, I'm pretty sure Sprint and Nextel are exactly the same...

But if you are going Sprint, Evo is a beast
my sprint-nextel rep at work told me that nextel is on the iden network which is different from sprint and is alot slower. my mom has a nextel berry and i have an i9 and the internet is super slow compared to my friends sprint palm pre.

i was thinking about an evo but the other 2 phones i mentioned will be free 90 free
linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:40 AM   #1897
MikeH
waffler

This update of BW sucks too. The time is ALWAYS off.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #1898
stonehenge

Mike, you haz any kind of task killer running? I had Advanced Task Killer killing shit everytime I shut the screen off. Found out it was killing BW so I added the service to the ignore list and so far the time is correct.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #1899
MikeH
waffler

I don't use a task killer. Maybe its an issue with CM6.

Hopefully I can find the X in store because I'm just gonna sign a one year. Its only 70 bucks more and I wont have to wait 2 years to upgrade.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #1900
stonehenge

Default Re: Android Thread

I think Verizon stores are the only ones that do one year. You can call and ask but I think best buy, Costco, etc only do 2 year.