Shaggy has disabled reputation
Default Do any of you read books?

I hate reading, just wanted to see if any of you liked it

GMFS STATUS: NOT BANNED
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I used to read a lot. My favorite genre was sci-fi, and my favorite authors were Robert Heinlein and Douglas Adams.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I used to read a lot. My favorite genre was sci-fi, and my favorite authors were Robert Heinlein and Douglas Adams.
As a kid I read here and there. I don't think I have a read an entire book for at least 20 years.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:52 AM   #4
Renegade Pope

Dunces And Dragons Champion Sports Bar Champion
Renegade Pope may have a mustache.

Honestly i never read alot of books until i started working in jail. Now that i have 8 hours of absolutely nothing to do i started just fucking with books and found out that i like those fantasy type books. I never thought i would like that sort of shit and always considered it kinda gay, but it keeps my interest while i am at work and makes the day go by faster.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:10 AM   #5
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I read manga thats japanese comics
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:59 AM   #6
Renegade Pope

Isnt that japenese comics with titties and shit?
Old 05-04-2009, 04:09 AM   #7
Corey
TAC BAC

Sonar Challenge Champion Pingu Sports! Champion Speed Racer Champion Thivin Monkeys Champion Srike One Champion
Pepsi Sumo Twang Champion Garage Door Tennis Champion Tiny Combat Champion Zodiac Slots Champion The Bounce Champion
Corey may have a mustache.

Just finished reading these two books

http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/
This was an awesome book, and I plan on ordering the other two here soon.

http://www.amazon.com/King-Sting-Ama...1406561&sr=8-1
this book was good as well, and is suppose to be based on true events
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:35 AM   #8
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Just finished reading these two books

http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/
This was an awesome book, and I plan on ordering the other two here soon.

http://www.amazon.com/King-Sting-Ama...1406561&sr=8-1
this book was good as well, and is suppose to be based on true events
So I take it your into the documentary books.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #9
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Pope View Post
Isnt that japenese comics with titties and shit?
haha no, i think those are doujins(sp?) manga comics are actually comics, like superman and spiderman
Old 05-04-2009, 09:59 PM   #10
Renegade Pope

Doujins right gotta remember that.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #11
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

ill remind ya if you forget lol
Old 05-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #12
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Every now and then I get into a book but I tend to get busy and stop then never get back to it, there are like 3 I need to finish right now

Quote:
Honestly i never read alot of books until i started working in jail. Now that i have 8 hours of absolutely nothing to do i started just fucking with books and found out that i like those fantasy type books. I never thought i would like that sort of shit and always considered it kinda gay, but it keeps my interest while i am at work and makes the day go by faster.
Try out Stephen King imo, he has some good shit. You can get one of his short story compilations and read a couple to see if you like how he writes, then move on to his big ones. The Dark Tower is an awesome series and is fantasy based imo
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

last book i read was the Last patriot, it was pretty good although I only read about half of it before i had to turn it into the library, I havent tried to go and check it out again lol
Old 05-06-2009, 03:04 AM   #14
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card is one of my favorite books ever. If you're bothered by sci-fi then you won't like it. If you don't care for sci-fi but are not bothered by it, it might fit you. It's about a gifted child who is a second-class citizen, abused by his psychotic brother, and protected by his sane sister. He gets drafted, struggles through school as an outcast nerd, and winds up in charge, leading the military defending society against the worst attack ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender's_Game
Old 05-06-2009, 03:11 AM   #15
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

On the other end of the sci-fi spectrum: Camelot 30K by Robert L Forward. This is a book about intelligent life found on an extremely cold sub-planet-sized body. They are very small, a couple inches in length or height or whatever. The chemistry and biology of how they could live is pretty thoroughly explored, and there is a major surprise ending.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelot_30K

Old 05-07-2009, 04:59 AM   #16
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

How sci-fi are those books? Just beyond startrekie??

Old 05-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #17
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Ender's Game uses Sci-Fi as its premise and setting, but the story itself isn't really Sci-Fi. It's less Sci-Fi than Star Trek. You could probably use a computer to search-and-replace all the sci-fi stuff with stuff from present-day America or ancient Egypt and it would almost all still make sense.

Camelot 30K is hard Sci-Fi, too much for a pedestrian Star Trek watcher. You probably need to have some interest in real science to fully enjoy it, though the plot would be enjoyable enough without understanding all the details.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #18
Renegade Pope

Dam i am gonna go look at some books tomorrow now Fuckers. I heard the Dark Tower series was an awesome series but i forgot all about it. Is it really worth getting?
Old 05-08-2009, 04:33 AM   #19
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Dam i am gonna go look at some books tomorrow now Fuckers. I heard the Dark Tower series was an awesome series but i forgot all about it. Is it really worth getting?
IMO definitely worth getting. Plus if you like it, there is also a comic book version put out by Marvel.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #20
Renegade Pope

Dually Noted. i dont know exactley when to say that but i always wanted to say it. so there.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #21
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Quote:
Dually Noted. i dont know exactley when to say that but i always wanted to say it. so there.
Finally off your chest. Good for you. Go out and get it and let us all know how it is

Old 05-10-2009, 06:12 AM   #22
zach54880

Swap a Smiley Champion
zach54880 probably doesn't like Chad so much...zach54880 probably doesn't like Chad so much...zach54880 probably doesn't like Chad so much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card is one of my favorite books ever. If you're bothered by sci-fi then you won't like it. If you don't care for sci-fi but are not bothered by it, it might fit you. It's about a gifted child who is a second-class citizen, abused by his psychotic brother, and protected by his sane sister. He gets drafted, struggles through school as an outcast nerd, and winds up in charge, leading the military defending society against the worst attack ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender's_Game
Fucking AWESOME book. Sci-fi bores me, but the Ender series of books kick serious amounts of ass!
zach54880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #23
Renegade Pope

Looks like Tron
Old 05-10-2009, 11:37 PM   #24
Vicious Pope

Space Invaders Champion Hangman Champion Sonic Champion UFO Breaker Champion Christmas Bounce Champion
Interface Escape Champion Spug Shock Champion Togy Ball Champion Wordz Champion
Vicious Pope needs to cut the shit.

Quote:

Oh God, so gay...
Vicious Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:16 AM   #25
Renegade Pope

True, but i cant stay on a computer 8 hours a day either so gotta find something to do.