Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #1851
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

for the most part idgaf but I could see it being really annoying if I was the only person in the place doing it all and had to do it on top of kitchen appliances and shit lol
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #1852
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Yeah it gets a bit frustrating. I mean theres not really a good time I could do it that there isn't someone in there cooking. They get here at 6:30 and leave at 3:30

It would take me a month to do it one camera at the time...which is looking like what I'm going to have to do. it's a shitty ass system anyhow.. I don't understand why he didn't just spend the money to add into our additional system.

Eh hell.. I dunno. This place is fucked up this year. I'm just trying to find an escape plan.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #1853
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

can't you tell them the day before that "I'll be here tomorrow first thing in the morning to put a camera THERE. Do not cook under that spot tomorrow. As soon as I'm done, I'll let you know and you can use that oven/stove/whatever." ?
Old 10-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #1854
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Sometimes you have to say "no".

"Can we add this crappy camera?"
"No, that won't work. We'll need a new DVR server and this IP camera. It's going to need a contractor to install."

Even though you can piece it together with crappy shit and make it happen by pouring hours of anger into it, that's not a professional way to work and the result isn't professional. When they complain about the cost, your stance is "yeah, IT sure is expensive, kinda sucks".
Old 10-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #1855
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

Most IT guys seem like the office bitch to me, doing everything that nobody else wants to do. At least that's the way I was the place I was working before.

Fuck PSN Trophies and Fuck Sony
New PSN because I got fucked over: CyberpunkGod
Chevrolet Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #1856
stonehenge

I'll be honest though, I like putting up TVs and moving tables around and shit from time to time. It breaks up the monotony of creating accounts, creating shares, restoring lost files, checking backups, replacing batteries, replacing drives, etc.

However if I was the lone IT gai at a place, I doubt I'd enjoy it.

Like cao said, if it is something that would be done more correctly if they hired someone then tell them that because down the line if it craps out, they'll blame you even though they are the ones that told you to do it and how much to spend.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #1857
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I could show you the email I received and sent lol. I'm probably about to be in another damn meeting... about my honestly b/c I told them the truth.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Hell. Here goes anyway.

Quote:
Jason,

Contact 24.7 to see what we need to do about the camera on 13-01 that I put in the tech repair book on 10/1/13. Also, I noticed today on 11-01 that the mph does not show on the afternoon of 10/14/13. It does show mph that morning. Ask 247 about warranty and cost of someone coming here to work on the cameras as well as replacement if we need to. I know Jeremy installed them so ask him as well about checking them and how much it would cost.
Check all cameras on the buses for other issues and let me know what you find.

Start on the camera system that was bought from SAM's. I know you told me Ms. Smith told you not to do anything over her room but we need to get it started. Begin in the lunchroom area and work outward from there. Get started on this project this week and let me know an approximate completion date.

Email me today the information I've asked for about 24.7 and the SAM's system.
This was sent to me, CC'd to the boss lady.

My reply to him, also CC'd to boss.
Quote:
I contacted 24/7 about the cameras on each bus. Hooley's, Ronnie's and Gwen's. I was instructed by our sales rep to contact Tech Support, which I did, and in turn I was instructed by them to contact a certain individual at 24/7. This person is supposed to issue u s RMA's to send the faulty equipment back and they will fix or replace it as they see fit. I was only given an email address for this person because she was away from her desk at the time that I called so I have emailed her all serial numbers that pertain to the faulty equipment and am waiting on her reply.

The cameras you bought at Sam's...
I'm not really sure where to start on them. I know its going to be more of a headache than anyone besides myself realizes. Today I sat and thought about how to install the cameras in the kitchen area when the staff is cooking/serving all day. That's going to create a problem. Then the task of climbing inside a ceiling that is 30 ft off the ground, I'm sure all the while getting phone calls and/or emails wanting me to get down and fix something in someones's room or show someone how to start a VCR or DVD movie... that creates an even bigger problem. I can do it after hours, but I'd like to be compensated for that. I could see it easily taking several weeks to install having to work around everyone that is in the cafeteria/kitchen and then waiting to finish the part where the DVR will be housed in Ms. Smith's room after SACS. I personally do not want to make any more trips into the ceiling than I have to. It's not a desirable place to work and isn't the most safe of places either.
All-in-all I was against the purchase of the seperate system as I like to keep things uniform and centrally operated, but I know money is an issue and that's why the current system wasn't added on to or replaced. IT work of any kind is expensive, and you definitely get what you pay for.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #1858
stonehenge

Old 10-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #1859
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I even sent a copy to my friend in the BOE office for her to make sure I didn't step over any lines.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #1860
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

Do you not have a support ticket system in place where you're not bothered at all times with e-mails and phone calls where people can just submit stuff through it instead? Something like that certainly helps...at times. Not sure what kind of situation you're truly in though, sounds like a bitch.

Fuck PSN Trophies and Fuck Sony
New PSN because I got fucked over: CyberpunkGod
Chevrolet Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #1861
stonehenge

We have a system but I have it setup to email me when someone replies or whatever.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:29 AM   #1862
VmaxEngage
melons :drool:

VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

FUCK now that im in my CCNA class...shit is difficult.

fucking subnetting is the worst
Old 10-17-2013, 02:39 AM   #1863
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass.

When you grok the concept and you're using it in the real world it's much, much easier...but the way they do it on the test, IIRC, is incredibly overcooked, plus if you're new to it then the concept might not have stuck yet.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:43 AM   #1864
VmaxEngage

VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

I've got like 60% of it maybe. I know how to do it from scratch if I know how many networks are needed and how many hosts are needed on each and am given the network address

then the concept of VLSM is even crazier...ffffuuuuuuuuck

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

made a 61 on my ch. 6 quiz...which was the subnetting chapter
Old 10-17-2013, 02:47 AM   #1865
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I don't even remember what VLSM is.

I scored 946/1000 on the CCNA test in 2001.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:17 AM   #1866
VmaxEngage

variable length subnetting...using the number of hosts to determine the subnet and not wasting addresses

fuck i hope i can pass it when i take it.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:36 AM   #1867
Mr.Rogers
Papagos.... :scared:

Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I don't even remember what VLSM is.

I scored 946/1000 on the CCNA test in 2001.
Cao-

I am on a note bish
Old 10-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #1868
VmaxEngage

Old 10-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #1869
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

IRL, you won't ever need to struggle with VLSM. You'll be in one of these situations:

1. Not working at an ISP, you'll just use as many 10., 192., and 172. subnets as you want, just guessing at masks and quantity of hosts. You don't want to limit yourself too much on hosts anyway.

2. Working at an ISP as an entry level employee you'll be told what subnetting to set.

3. Working at an ISP as a senior employee you'll have years of practice but there will be subnet charts taped to the wall and subnet calculators on your computer and phone and tablet...

I know that doesn't help pass the test, of course. They had to find SOMETHING to fill that test with!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #1870
stonehenge

thats like every test that you have to take without notes

IRL you have notes, google, coworkers, calculators, whatever the fuck else you need
Old 10-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #1871
Mr.Rogers
Papagos.... :scared:

Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post

IRL you have notes, google, coworkers, calculators, whatever the fuck else you need
Tru story lol even with my job I ask le googlez and 90% it delivers lol thank da lawrd

I am on a note bish
Old 10-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #1872
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #1873
stonehenge

when it comes to IT stuff, there's no way one person can know allthethings. They may be able to figure it out after burning hours of time on it or they can google it and use other people's experience/knowledge to expand theirs. Plus solve the problem in way less time.

It is important to know WHY it solved the problem but wasting time is ratard.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #1874
VmaxEngage

Oh I know, I argue that shit all the time. Notes and everything are available in real world scenarios, but no no no fuck that shit for a test! It's dumb

Oh well. This is only CCNA 1 I'm in...I got 3 more classes to go lol I gotta pass em to get my degree
Old 10-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #1875
stonehenge

Fts