Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #1826
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

Well guys, got my Articles of Organization/Business Registration certificates, I'm official.

Get some business cards, and it's time to pimp.

Fuck PSN Trophies and Fuck Sony
New PSN because I got fucked over: CyberpunkGod
Chevrolet Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #1827
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

must do cryptoblocker mod

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #1828
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Attention various IT peeps. Keep an eye on this new bitch named CryptoLocker. It's been around for a couple months or so and has been getting more and more common. It is a virus that installs in the background and encrypts almost anything it can find. Especially documents, images, audio, etc that may be important to the person. Once it is done encrypting, it pops up and says "Hey, we just encrypted all your files. You have XX:XX:XX time to pay us $300 or we will delete the key that you need to decrypt it." At this point there is no way to recover the encrypted files because it is legit encryption. I'm not sure if paying them the $300 actually results in a valid key and recovered files either. They're calling it ransomware.

So once a person has it, it is too late. It also encrypts anything it can get to on mapped drives and USB drives. I don't think it looks for network shares (unless they're mapped). So if the person has a shared drive with other people and it's mapped, it can affect multiple people.

There is a small policy that you can enforce if you use a Windows Domain that should help prevent the thing from running. From what I've seen, a lot of AV software doesn't even detect it until it's too late but they may have caught up by now, I'm not sure.

Lots of info on it here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/com..._cryptolocker/

I setup that GP on our Windows domains but I need to figure out a way to push it out on our Linux (Samba) domain. It doesn't do GP so idk if there's a way to do it.
Sounds like a good time.

...not really.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #1829
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Fanatic View Post
Well guys, got my Articles of Organization/Business Registration certificates, I'm official.

Get some business cards, and it's time to pimp.
Nailz' Sexual Escapades & IT Emporium ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cez★ View Post
must do cryptoblocker mod
You're on a Mac, pls disregard plus that is a server-side change, not on users computers.

Quote:
Sounds like a good time.

...not really.
Hopefully the first person to use NSE&ITE isn't a CryptoLocker victim
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #1830
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #1831
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Quote:
Nailz' Sexual Escapades & IT Emporium ?

Hopefully the first person to use NSE&ITE isn't a CryptoLocker victim
That should have been what I named it lol.

I hope they aren't. God would that suck.

BTW, the real name I finally went with was Coalfield Computer Solutions. I live in the southern WV coalfields. Guess that could include Jeff right across the way over in eastern KY too.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #1832
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

sounds legit
Old 10-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #1833
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Yeah, I pushed it out on Friday afternoon and just realized that I forgot to post about it. You may never run into it but it's pretty brutal if you do and they had anything vital on their local machine/USB. As long as you have a backup, the network share shouldn't be that devastating but still annoying.
First thing tomorrow morning I'm taking my backup drives offline and replacing them, been needing to do that anyway but was definitely convinced to get off my ass and do it when I read about this shit.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel like my users have way too much data at risk. The only good thing is they're not too terrible about falling for email attachment bullshit...years ago when I first started people would just hand their password off to every phisher and open every attachment.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #1834
stonehenge

We only have one department that is virus prone. Lucky us, they are on the linux domain.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:46 PM   #1835
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Should be able to do it from a login script. Worst case scenario, figure out what registry entries change from the GPO and use reg command. IIRC it's possible to make GPOs elsewhere and distribute them via the linux-DC'd domain.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #1836
stonehenge

yeah i'm sure there's a way
Old 10-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #1837
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Hory shet, premium business cards with a color backside and premium matte stock on vistaprint are $45 for 250. Figured it would be less, but it's like $13 extra for color backside and premium matte stock.

Oh well, I'd rather have a good card for a little extra than a piece of floppy ugly shit.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Evidently Malwarebytes is touting their Pro version of Anti-Malware can block CryptoLocker before it can even do anything. Don't know if that is just marketing hyperbole or actually true.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

I bet the NSA/FBI are going to ream out the assholes of whoever created this, if they can find them. I saw where supposedly there were a number of FBI servers infected and the NSA was doing a big time investigation. Don't know if that was in the Reddit thread or not.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:05 AM   #1838
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

The CryptoLocker tracking down division of NSA and FBI are probably closed because of government shutdown. The Big Brother Surveillance divisions are certainly still funded, though.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:14 AM   #1839
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Never thought of that.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:21 AM   #1840
stonehenge

Quote:
Hory shet, premium business cards with a color backside and premium matte stock on vistaprint are $45 for 250. Figured it would be less, but it's like $13 extra for color backside and premium matte stock.

Oh well, I'd rather have a good card for a little extra than a piece of floppy ugly shit.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Evidently Malwarebytes is touting their Pro version of Anti-Malware can block CryptoLocker before it can even do anything. Don't know if that is just marketing hyperbole or actually true.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

I bet the NSA/FBI are going to ream out the assholes of whoever created this, if they can find them. I saw where supposedly there were a number of FBI servers infected and the NSA was doing a big time investigation. Don't know if that was in the Reddit thread or not.
You may want to make a website too, something simple that lists the various things you can do. You don't have to have prices on there if you don't want to. Up to you though.

I believe the Malwarebytes claim, I love Malwarebytes.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #1841
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

malwarebytes has saved my arse numerous times.

Except on 1 machine I have. it found like 400 "Infected" files that were all excel files and then locked up when I told it to clean them or remove them.

I must ask. You that are in IT department.
Do your duties stretch beyond the IT field? I'm tired of being harassed about shit here that I'm unaware falls in my job. Like installing a POS Sam's Club security camera system.. srsly??
Old 10-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #1842
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

We have acquired a number of responsibilities that might not be considered IT's job. Security cameras, electronic door locks, telephone systems, web site, etc. When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail...so we IT ALL THE THINGS!

Telephones have been replaced with a Microsoft Lync VoIP system. Security cameras are IP, and record to a regular server. Door locks we haven't messed with much.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #1843
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I work on the CCTV system, security cameras, all that you just listed... But I find it kind of hard to do an install in the cafeteria/kitchen when #1 they are cooking and I have to tear ceiling tiles down right over where they are cooking #2 As soon as I get up on the ladder (35ft to the camera mount) I'll get called down to go diagnose a printer that wont print.. when all it needs is paper in the SOB.

I don't mind working on stuff, any stuff. But this is rediculous. Especially when they paid the guy that was here during my absence at the bank to install every smart board and security camera... I kind of expect to be compensated as well.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #1844
stonehenge

we manage electronic door locks, keys for our labs, expensive speaker phones that we loan out to different departments, huge outdoor projection screens, websites, TVs, etc.

me and the other server guy are essentially the cubicle architechs as well

besides the cubicles, if it involves any sort of technology or electronics, we'll usually end up doing it
Old 10-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #1845
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo View Post
I work on the CCTV system, security cameras, all that you just listed... But I find it kind of hard to do an install in the cafeteria/kitchen when #1 they are cooking and I have to tear ceiling tiles down right over where they are cooking #2 As soon as I get up on the ladder (35ft to the camera mount) I'll get called down to go diagnose a printer that wont print.. when all it needs is paper in the SOB.

I don't mind working on stuff, any stuff. But this is rediculous. Especially when they paid the guy that was here during my absence at the bank to install every smart board and security camera... I kind of expect to be compensated as well.
Yeah, that kitchen thing sounds tough. Luckily we haven't needed to do anything directly over kitchen appliances.

All in all it sounds like the problem is insufficient staff. Welcome to the Obama era. (Not specifically blaming it on Obama any more than I think Clinton is responsible for the prosperity in his era, though Obama has certainly contributed to where we are and failed to mitigate it.)

Quote:
we manage electronic door locks, keys for our labs, expensive speaker phones that we loan out to different departments, huge outdoor projection screens, websites, TVs, etc.

me and the other server guy are essentially the cubicle architechs as well

besides the cubicles, if it involves any sort of technology or electronics, we'll usually end up doing it
Oh man I forgot to mention TVs and cable TV service, projectors, audio for PA and auditorium systems, stage lighting, cubicle/office design.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #1846
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Ok good so it's not just here lol.

I was told in a meeting that I has put this school "Leaps and Bounds" over other local systems, 1 in particular. Just kinda jokingly I said "And THAT guy makes over 90K a year! I'll settle for half..." and got many evil looks and was basically told to GTFO lol
Old 10-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #1847
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I know that feel.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Why does our :feelz guy look pissed off anyway?
Old 10-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #1848
stonehenge

i suppose he does look a bit angry

but yeah yaybo, I think pretty much every IT guy around gets stuck doing random shit

I'm not even a desktop tech or one-guy-for-a-whole-department or anything, I'm a server guy and last week I helped mount a TV on the wall. The server "team" are also the cubicle team. We even help setup and remove tables/chairs/decorations for parties.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #1849
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

They take my knowledge of install professinal and use it lol
Old 10-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #1850
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
I'm not even a desktop tech or one-guy-for-a-whole-department or anything, I'm a server guy and last week I helped mount a TV on the wall. The server "team" are also the cubicle team. We even help setup and remove tables/chairs/decorations for parties.

Last Friday my boss and I were dismounting TVs and running cables in walls and ceilings then remounting the TVs. At least we got another department to do the initial mounting, screwing stuff to the wall.