Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #876
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Fuuuuckkkk is the demo on PSN yet? HAVE to download it if it is. Had the first Mafia on PC and it was pretty badass. Had a few screwy things but that was years ago. This new one looks like it is going to be amazing.

But srsly, I paypal you $5, you send batman
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:07 PM   #877
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

Hahaha

Yeah, the Mafia II demo is on PSN right now, I may download it too, it looks awesome.

Fuck PSN Trophies and Fuck Sony
New PSN because I got fucked over: CyberpunkGod
Chevrolet Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #878
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

MUST download it, no ifs up in here. Gonna suck though since satellite is POS and its probably at LEAST a gig...
Old 08-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #879
stonehenge

Installed the latest PS3 update and downloaded the demo last night but it was still going when I went to bed.

So after my shower this morning I played and got to work a few minutes late.

But srsly, game looks like it is gonna be BAMF. It is just a 40s/50s GTA. The cops will pull you over for speeding but they just give you a ticket and charge you some money and then you continue, no starting over like being arrested. Plus, you can turn on a speed limiter so you can't speed. So far I really like it. I like the OG guns too. All i found in the demo so far are the Tommy gun, a 12 gauge, and a colt pistol. At least I think its a colt.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #880
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

It looks like it's going to be awesome. The missions, the story, everything. I love everything I've seen so far. Plus the final build graphics are even better than the demo's, the final build looks sick with all the particle effects and things that can be destroyed in the environment.

BTW, they announced a new Bioshock today. It looks pretty sweet.

Video page
Full screen

Quote:

by Joe Donato, August 12, 2010

When the BioShock torch was passed on to 2K Marin for BioShock 2, it seemed all but certain that Irrational Games (creators of the first BioShock) would move on to something new, or at least anything without BioShock in the title. This was the belief of many until yesterday, when I sat down in a haughty New York City hotel for the unveiling of BioShock Infinite.

After teasing the familiar underwater scenery the series is known for, the trailer reveals BioShock Infinite for the skyward sequel it actually is. The CG trailer took us through a first-person roller coaster ride of what can best be described as Rapture meets Pixar’s Up.

That’s the trailer, and that’s all you’re going to get to see (for now), so if you’re like me you might have been a little put off by it. I mean, of all things Irrational Games chose to stick with BioShock; I’d say that was a surefire surprise. After all-but abandoning the series, Irrational’s return seems almost Infinity Ward-esque, providing the real sequel while another studio (2K Marin) kept 2K’s investors happy.

That’s the pessimistic view, and if you come out of the trailer thinking that way I don’t blame you. But after seeing a live, real-time demonstration of the game in action my thoughts quickly did a 180.

BioShock Infinite is a sequel in name and themes, but other than that it’s its own beast. It’s admirable; rather than revisiting the same material, Infinite is a brand new, unique, fascinating world. Once again you’ll explore a place that’s new and mysterious—a city in the sky built on the ambition of the American dream.

When Irrational’s creative director, Ken Levine, stopped in the middle of the presentation to give us a brief history lesson – the state of America at the turn of the century and it’s empirical attempt to annex the Philippines – it was more than flavor text. Just as Bioshock explored the downfall of an Ayn Randian utopia, Infinite sets its sights high with an alternate history breakdown of America during its meteoric rise to superpower status.

Its world, a city in the sky known as Columbia, is thick with patriotic imagery. Take every bit of Victorian architecture you’ve ever seen, stick some balloons on the bottom, cover it in American flags, and you’re only scratching the surface. It’s vibrant, lively, even hopeful, and yet, the truth is revealed as soon as we meet Columbia’s inhabitants.

BioShock Infinite begins as a rescue mission. You play as Booker DeWitt, a former Pinkerton agent sent to the floating city of Columbia to rescue a woman named Elizabeth. She’s the one using telekinesis in the trailer, and that’s only scratching the surface of her abilities. The rescue mission quickly morphs into Booker and Elizabeth working together to survive, using their powers in tandem against hordes of enemies.

The in-game demonstration began with a brief stroll down the streets of Columbia. The first thing that stood out was the perfect visual density they’ve established. Similar to the original BioShock, Infinite is a game that invites players to become enthralled with the world around them. To Booker’s left, a horse-drawn carriage passed by, complete with a seemingly mechanical, or at least heavily-armored horse. Propaganda posters lined the streets, a statue grasped an American flag, and a politician dressed as Uncle Sam was the first person that attempted to murder Booker.

From there things quickly escalated. The combat in BioShock Infinite is familiar, but if Cliff Blezinski were around, he’d probably describe it as bigger, better, and more badass. The first difference is the distance that combat can be engaged in. Booker began with a sniper rifle, picking off enemies on adjacent floating islands. When it came time to progress, he used a hook to zip-line from one island to another via Columbia’s rail-line. These moments were spectacular to see in motion – the mode of transport is essentially a vertigo-inducing roller coaster ride. Not only that, but enemies can use them too. In one moment, the player crossed paths with an enemy zip-liner and knocked them off into oblivion.

As the demo proceeded, we saw a whole slew of abilities for Booker. Telekinesis was used to toss cannon shells back at enemies, a dash attack allowed him to push one poor soul off of a ledge, and there was even a new version of the bee swarm called “murder of crows” (I think you can figure that one out).

What was persistently so stunning about this demo was the constant motion of the world. As it’s multiple islands connected were by bridges in the sky, the different pieces tend to bob up and down at different rates. It’s something that’s both technically stunning and visually breath-taking, and seems to have gameplay ramifications as well.

At the climax of the demo, Booker is joined by Elizabeth, who uses her powers to dispatch an entire mob that’s been chasing him. In that specific moment, she exemplified her true power and how big of an impact it can have on the game world. She pulled in a rain cloud, formed a puddle beneath the mob, and used lightning to finish them all off. From there, the rest of the demo had a gloomy atmosphere – the result of Elizabeth’s weather manipulation.

The point of Elizabeth, it seems, is to give you both a character to connect with and an AI partner to cooperative with. You can use powers in tandem, and in one example she creates a molten ball of scrap metal that Booker throws with telekinesis. The downside of all this power is the physical toll it takes on Elizabeth. Irrational wasn’t definitive on the mechanic, but it seems that it’ll be important to wisely manage her use of powers so that she doesn’t overdo it.

If Columbia is the iconic counterpart to the original BioShock’s city of Rapture, then certainly there has to be a Big Daddy in there too, right? Well, the final moments of the demo featured not one, but two rather large, intimidating creatures. The first was a sort of Frankenstein’s monster - a mustachioed, freakshow strongman with hulking robotic appendages. It put up a hell of a fight, but it was nothing compared to the demo’s final enemy.

That unforgettable roar of the Big Daddy is attached to what will probably be the game’s most intimidating villain. Keeping with the flying theme, this beast is a dragon-sized, metallic eagle. Its attack marked the end of the demo, and topped off what went from a tepid reaction on my part, to wild enthusiasm. It’s nice to be a BioShock fan again.
Quote:
Irrational Games reveals Bioshock Infinite, Press release and first screens
August 12, 2:11 PMVideo Game ExaminerMatt Furtado

Last night at the Plaza Hotel in New York City, Irrational Games and Ken Levine showcased the first trailer and gameplay of newly announced PS3, Xbox 360, and PC title, Bioshock Infinite. The first thing people will notice is that game strongly resembles Bioshock 1 in terms of look and atmosphere. If Bioshock failed to deliver the experience you expected from the Bioshock name, Levine will bring you back into the world and give you what you wanted to see from the sequel. Taking place in Columbia, the game takes place in the sky, opposed to the water in the previous Bioshock entries.

Below, you'll find the official press release and first details on the game as well as the first screenshots.

Press Release:

2K Games announced today that BioShock® Infinite, a first-person shooter, is currently in development at Irrational Games, the studio behind the original BioShock® which has sold over 4 million units worldwide. Set in 1912, BioShock Infinite introduces an entirely new narrative experience that lifts players out of the familiar confines of Rapture and rockets them to Columbia, an immense city in the sky. BioShock Infinite is currently planned for release during calendar 2012.

Originally conceived as a floating symbol of American ideals at a time when the United States was emerging as a world power, Columbia is dispatched to distant shores with great fanfare by a captivated public. What begins as a brand new endeavor of hope turns drastically wrong as the city soon disappears into the clouds to whereabouts unknown.

The player assumes the role of former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt, sent to the lost city to rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned there since childhood. He develops a relationship with Elizabeth, augmenting his abilities with hers so the pair may escape from a city that is literally falling from the sky. DeWitt must learn to fight foes in high-speed Sky-Line battles, engage in combat both indoors and amongst the clouds, and harness the power of dozens of new weapons and abilities.

“We are excited to expand the world of BioShock, which is one of the industry’s most critically acclaimed and beloved franchises,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “We believe that Irrational Games will lend their meticulous attention to detail and unique storytelling expertise to make BioShock Infinite an incredible entertainment experience that will immerse new and diehard fans of BioShock alike.”

With the original BioShock, Irrational Games won “Game of the Year” awards from Game Informer, IGN, G4’s X-Play, and BAFTA and redefined what players expect from a first-person shooter. “But when it came to begin work on BioShock Infinite," said Ken Levine, creative director of Irrational Games, "we only had one rule: No sacred cows. This game is both true to what people love about the series and unafraid to question every assumption."

Levine continued, "In order to explore the floating city of Columbia, we needed an entirely new engine. To bring Elizabeth to life, we had to build brand-new animation and AI systems. To create wide-ranging indoor and outdoor firefights at 30,000 feet, we had to rethink, rebuild and expand the BioShock arsenal. The only thing gamers can be certain of is this: the rules of the BioShock universe are about to change."

BioShock Infinite is in development for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Games for Windows®, and is not yet rated by the ESRB.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #881
stonehenge

Wow that sounds pretty promising.

The only thing about Mafia II that I'm not sure about is, my friend saw an interview (probably on Gamespot, i haven't checked) that said it isn't a truly Open World game. You can drive around but can't get side missions or do much else. Hope that was an old interview or something.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #882
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

anyone have fear 2 for ps3 i can haz? and possibly the first?

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #883
stonehenge

I don't haz
Old 08-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #884
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Me neither, I wish I would have bought the 2nd one for PS3. I had the first for PC and it was awesome.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #885
stonehenge

Had the first on PC and beat it, downloaded the second for PC and never finished it, PC started being ghey and rebooting when too much graphics were in use. That was a main reason I got the PS3. So do want Fear2 for ps3.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #886
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 08-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #887
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Check this out, a guy from some forum went to a gamestop and preordered COD Black Ops and they gave him this:

It pretty much confirms zombie mode.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #888
stonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Fanatic View Post
Check this out, a guy from some forum went to a gamestop and preordered COD Black Ops and they gave him this:

It pretty much confirms zombie mode.
Hotlink fail. This one work?

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

POS imageshack, here: http://img442.imageshack.us/i/gamestop.jpg/
Old 08-13-2010, 04:53 AM   #889
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Hotlink fail. This one work?

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

POS imageshack, here: http://img442.imageshack.us/i/gamestop.jpg/

I'm the king of hotlink fail.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

I guess they took it down or there were way too many people viewing it.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:26 AM   #890
Trevor F

WRX! Champion WRX Racing 2 Champion
Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.

xbox 360
Trevor F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:49 AM   #891
stonehenge

xcocks 360

360 degrees of fgtry
Old 08-13-2010, 07:03 AM   #892
TATERNATER
potato tornado

TATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUU
TATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUUTATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUUTATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUUTATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUUTATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUU

lil animosity... i feelz it
TATERNATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #893
stonehenge

Old 08-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #894
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

I would hate to see someone get ganked by the PS3 crew.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:19 PM   #895
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...est=latestnews

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 08-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #896
Trevor F

WRX! Champion WRX Racing 2 Champion
Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.Trevor F is gonna cut you so bad you gonna wish he no cut you so bad bish.

holy shit new bioshock for 360 fuck yes.

First one was badass 2nd one was meh
Trevor F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #897
stonehenge

I actually liked the second better lol but ya the new one looks bamf.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:23 AM   #898
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

pinche best buy fail
went there and they didnt have fear 2 or the OG one. just a fear 2 for gaybox. fkn fgts

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 08-14-2010, 01:24 AM   #899
TATERNATER
potato tornado

TATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUU
TATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUUTATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUUTATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUUTATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUUTATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUU

Best Buy.... FAIL? Idontbeliveit
TATERNATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:28 AM   #900
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

YES. this be srs bsns, and the fkn fucksticks walking throughout the store couldnt come around the game section to ask if i needed help. i even walked around for a few minutes trying to find someone to ask if they had some and that didnt happen

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works