Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Angry I hate flare nuts!

I'm angry at rusty flare nuts. There's like, too many of them and stuff.

Every fuel, brake, or transmission cooling system I touch has these all over the place:

The rust happens right near the nut and usually the line is clean a few inches away. The nut seizes to the threaded hole as well as seizing to the line.

I'm tired of hacking them up. I want to find a fucking magic way to unscrew these so that I can wirebrush them and reuse them without having to hack and splice.

Things that don't work:

I often google for new ideas. Yesterday I found this tip:

The vise-Grips prevent the flare wrench from flexing open, keeping it from rounding the nut.

Unfortunately, something's gotta give...and apparently it's not the nut.

I tried soldering it. I figured, that's how it's made at the factory and I'm equipped...should be good. FAIL. Solder wouldn't stick, no matter how clean, exposed, fluxed, and hot the metal is.

So, ghettoCow had to decide: JB Weld or Ultra Black RTV (high temp, maximum oil resistance). I went with JB Weld. Maybe I'll glob RTV on top of it tomorrow...belt and suspenders.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Default Re: I hate flare nuts!

CSC

I am so glad I don't have to deal with rust. Fuck that.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
SarkOzy
Secret Shit y0

SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Holy shit. That thing must be rust-welded. Most likely it won't leak but

Why try to get it loose?

SarkOzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

That rust-welding is how most flare nuts are when I get to them.

I tried it because I wanted to do the complete fluid exchange (inaccurately labeled "flush") procedure.

After that debacle I decided to give another try to the drain plug on the transmission pan. It went from partially rounded to fully rounded. Fuck it...maybe I'll just leave the ATF in there until it fails.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:25 AM   #5
Ewok
denouncer of lost souls

Gun Down Gungan Champion Stande Champion
Ewok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishes
Ewok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishes

its because of dissimilar metals being joined together such as aluminum and steel it reacts causing corrosion and rust
Old 10-04-2010, 01:39 AM   #6
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Pfft. You and your damned science.

Yeah, that's a good point. I've said it about other stuff before but I didn't even think of it in this case.

Fucking engineers are assholes. I have to buy a new truck, then make a schedule for nuts that need to be turned twice per year.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:45 AM   #7
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Talking

I love corn nuts

i'm a doosh
BillyJeanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:48 AM   #8
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Repz for your nice nutz.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:49 AM   #9
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

BillyJeanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:49 AM   #10
Ewok
denouncer of lost souls

Gun Down Gungan Champion Stande Champion
Ewok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishes
Ewok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishes

kourke freakin us wif his nutz
Old 10-04-2010, 02:50 AM   #11
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

MAH COOLER WON't LET GO OF MAH NUTZ! MY COOLER DON'T WANNA LET GO OF MAH NUTZ!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:04 AM   #12
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Default Re: I hate flare nuts!

Cawrnnutz ftw
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #13
SarkOzy
Secret Shit y0

SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
That rust-welding is how most flare nuts are when I get to them.

I tried it because I wanted to do the complete fluid exchange (inaccurately labeled "flush") procedure.

After that debacle I decided to give another try to the drain plug on the transmission pan. It went from partially rounded to fully rounded. Fuck it...maybe I'll just leave the ATF in there until it fails.

It would have been much easier to disconnect the lines at the radiator where the fluid goes through the heat exchanger before going to the cooler. That's where I always do mine.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #14
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

If I did that, a bunch of fluid would remain in the cooler. Also, there's more room to work at the cooler. The one at the radiator isn't quite as brown and rusty but it's still very seized. There's a little better chance of success but the stakes are much higher if I break the radiator.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #15
SarkOzy
Secret Shit y0

That's why you tap into the return line from the cooler. I figured it would be less corroded at the radiator. The return line from the cooler should be connected at/near the radiator unless gm made it a one-piece hardline. I'd disconnect it there if possible, that way you don't fuck around with trying to get it loose from the radiator.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #16
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

One of us has it backwards.

I read the HowTo sticky on GMFS and decided that the upper one on the radiator is outbound to the transmission. I followed that and it goes to the cooler. The one I tried to wrench is outbound from the cooler to the transmission, I thought.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #17
SarkOzy
Secret Shit y0

On mine the upper line does go back to the transmission. I have it routed like so:

Bottom line on radiator - input from transmission
Top line on radiator - output to cooler

The line going from the output of the radiator is routed through the cooler and tied back into the transmission return, which runs the cooler in sequence with the radiator. I can snap a pic at lunch if you want.

The return line going to the transmission is connected to the cooler output via a 3/8" fitting at the radiator IIRC. I could unhook the cooler there and just hook it back up to the radiator if I wanted. The fitting is brass and the flare nut on the hardline is (insert grey metal here) so it doesn't tend to cause any galvanic corrosion.

That probably made no sense.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #18
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Umm...how does "upper" differ from "top"?

"upper line does go back to the transmission" vs. "Top line on radiator - output to cooler"
Old 10-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #19
SarkOzy
Secret Shit y0

It doesnt:

Old 10-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #20
SarkOzy
Secret Shit y0

See what I mean? I have a connection at the outlet that I can unscrew.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #21
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Mine is all hardline with flare nuts.

What I don't get is how you flush the cooler if you disconnect the radiator's output for your flush.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #22
SarkOzy
Secret Shit y0

Well I don't. I disconnect it at the connection that used to be the radiator output. I guess I could have said transmission return to be more clear.

That's what I thought. You have the stupid hardlines.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:43 AM   #23
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

at least there not truck nuts

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #24
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Necrothread!

The flare nuts that have given me the worst heartache are the ones at the fuel filter on my truck. They seize to the line even worse than they seize to the threads and I worry about replacing that line, it could get expensive. Well, apart from some of the weird OEM flares for high-pressure connections to rubber and nylon lines, I don't need to worry as much about it anymore.

This $7 Harbor Freight tool works perfectly:
http://www.harborfreight.com/tubing-bender-3755.html

That test was on a rotten rusty brittle 18 year old piece of line. No crush, no kink, no dimple, no fail. I proceeded to bend a new piece of line exactly the way I needed it.

The only thing it couldn't do was make a bend right near the flare nut, so flare it after bending or plan your bends further back. I ended up bending it by hand around an item with the right radius. I got a small dimple from that bend, but it'll flow plenty of fuel.

I have this OTC 4503 double flare kit ($33 if you don't use a coupon code):
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...otc_17631616-p
Reviews are a little mixed, but there's demonstrations of it on Youtube and I expect to get good flares from it. I haven't used it yet.

I should have bought bulk 3/8" line and some flare nuts instead of the $17.50 18 inch section flared with a nut on one end/barbed on the other end with an included compression fitting that I'm not using...but this worked out well and I threw Advance a bone for all the 40% off purchases I've been making, at least $12 of that must have been profit.

CSB: When the guy showed me where it is, we saw that somebody had stolen the first one on the shelf. They didn't even open the ziploc bag, they just tore through it and took the pipe. That left a spare compression fitting, so the guy gave me that one...now I have two spare compression fittings that I bet I'll eventually need. That's worth a few bucks of that excess cost for that package.

Anyway I used it all for this SUR & R fuel line check valve.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...rts_22989642-p
http://fuelsender.com/fuel_line.html

I was going to have to cut this line to install it either way, so I wasn't too bummed when that damned flare nut was seized to the line again. It's a check valve made for retrofitting high pressure fuel systems whose in-tank fuel pump's check valve has failed and, at its ends, it is a compression fitting. Hundreds of dollars for a new fuel pump, or $30 for this? I'll settle for this.

Anybody have any tips on how tight to crank down a compression fitting? I never know and I think I always overdo it.

I wirebrushed the remaining old pipe and sprayed the entire new pipe assembly with Dupli-Color Rust Fix, which claims to catalyze rust into a stable paint-ready surface. I masked the appropriate places, of course. After a few minutes, the remaining traces of rust were indeed turning black, just as the marketing/instructions say. Tomorrow I'll paint it and then cover it in rubberized undercoating. After I install it, I'm going to seal in the flare nut so it can't seize to the line.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #25
lowerc

Straw Game Champion
lowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
lowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

don't you love all the rust? It never stops.

The compression fittings should be hand tightened and then spin it about 1 more full turn. It is inch pounds of torque we are talking here. They don't take much.

If you under tighten and pressurize your system and it leaks you can still snug it up a bit more. If you over tighten and it leaks you are fucked and need to replace it again.
lowerc is offline   Reply With Quote