Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-12-2010, 11:09 PM   #726
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I tried to download the ROM 2 days ago but the link didn't work. Said the file was no longer valid.

Dude I haven't flashed any way except with the Droid Mod app.

\Just book W/x and flash from there?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

K so basically What I'm doing is, backing up my data/etc before i wipe it clean. Then booting up into recovery and running the ultimatedriod 6.5.2.zip file from there? Correct?

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

ZOMG I'm wiping it to factory

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

K so how do I get my apps and shit back? Restore the /data?
Old 03-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #727
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

wan, u know if I can disable automatic contact update either on gmail or DROID? Irritating as shit having tons of new contacts from people I reply to via gmail

Last edited by 2005_Silverado; 03-17-2010 at 06:19 PM.
2005_Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #728
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo View Post
I tried to download the ROM 2 days ago but the link didn't work. Said the file was no longer valid.

Dude I haven't flashed any way except with the Droid Mod app.

\Just book W/x and flash from there?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

K so basically What I'm doing is, backing up my data/etc before i wipe it clean. Then booting up into recovery and running the ultimatedriod 6.5.2.zip file from there? Correct?

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

ZOMG I'm wiping it to factory

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

K so how do I get my apps and shit back? Restore the /data?
Fuck, I missed this whole post. Sorry yay Did you get everything going?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado View Post
wan, u know if I can disable automatic contact update either on gmail or DROID? Irritating as shit having having tons of new contacts from people I reply to via gmail
lemme shek it out

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Hmm I sent an email to an address that wasn't in my contacts and it didn't add it. I saw other people complaining that it did though, like you. I wonder why mine would be different my gmail and contacts are setup to sync automatically also so wtf

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Do I get extra helping of sushi if I figured it out?
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #729
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

si
Old 03-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #730
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Okay, go to http://google.com/contacts and shek it out. What "groups" do you have on the left?

I have "My Contacts", some smaller Fam, Friends, Work, etc ones and at the bottom, All Contacts.

Right now all my actual contacts that I want on my phone are in My Contacts.

If you set it up that way, you can then go into your phone contacts, press Menu > Display options, click your gmail address, and then only check off My Contacts.

GMail will still save all the addresses but they will be saved to All Contacts and won't appear on your phone

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

AND if you only have My Contacts checked, then any contact you add via your phone will be saved there from now on, so you don't have to go back to the website and move them every time you add one or anything

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

<-- should work for vzw
Old 03-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #731
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

serio....apply for VZWITGUY position
Old 03-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #732
stonehenge

So let me know if that works brah
Old 03-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #733
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Okay, go to http://google.com/contacts and shek it out. What "groups" do you have on the left?

I have "My Contacts", some smaller Fam, Friends, Work, etc ones and at the bottom, All Contacts.

Right now all my actual contacts that I want on my phone are in My Contacts.

If you set it up that way, you can then go into your phone contacts, press Menu > Display options, click your gmail address, and then only check off My Contacts.

GMail will still save all the addresses but they will be saved to All Contacts and won't appear on your phone
I haz peeps under Friends and some under Familia...at bottom I have All contact and then Most Contacted.

I went to Menu > Display options, goog and then just chose friends, familia and starred in Android....

asi it be done?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #734
stonehenge

Should be, do you see random email addresses in contacts anymore? Or no haz any to verify? You can send something to my shitty catch-all-spam-sign-up-for-shit-that-i-don't-care-about yahoo address if you want
Old 03-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #735
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

I deleted all random emails I had before doing this Ima send some emails, se what happens
Old 03-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #736
stonehenge

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

The official 2.1 update will apparently start rolling out tomorrow. The version number for that update is ESE53, which is what my current ROM is based on so I'm not missing anything lol.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Old 03-18-2010, 11:49 PM   #737
stonehenge

Looks nice:

Too bad I haz to wipe it to get GMaps to work

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...e-verizon.html
Old 03-18-2010, 11:59 PM   #738
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

Old 03-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #739
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I've had some major issues this weekend with my phone. I'm running Ultimate Droid (ese53 or whatever) and its seemed REALLY REALLY slow and laggy. Then Saturday when someone called me, it got hung up playing the ringtone and totally locked up. I pulled the battery and powered it back on and it got hung up in a boot rotation. It would get tot he red eye screen, then reboot and did this like 5 times until it just finally booted normally. Then it was fine. Last night it did the same exact same thing. I'm thinking of factory wiping it and putting it back to the way it was before I ever flashed it if it's going to be this unstable.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #740
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

Id do that too...or try re-installing?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #741
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

It worked just great for a week or so but now its dragging ass bad man. I mean like several seconds wait time for the message APP to open to checka text.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #742
Manbearpig
:van:

Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #743
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

HA! I like that
Old 03-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #744
stonehenge

Jay, you can try a different ROM before resorting to stock. Up to you. I've been using Simply Stunning and I haven't had any issues with it. It's up to you though
Old 03-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #745
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

you like it so far? have you used ultimate yet?
Old 03-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #746
stonehenge

Yeah I had UD 6.5 for a while, haven't tried the newer ones. I don't remember why I switched to SS but I had a reason

SS doesn't have as much crap bundled with it like UD does.

BUT SS 2.0.3. had some sort of maps issue, the guy who made SS sent me his latest build which fixed it but I don't know if he released it yet...
Old 03-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #747
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I'm really not even sure why I'm running these ROMs. I dont overclock or anything so its basically worthless to me it seems

I like having it rooted though. Some of the stuff the roms do is neat but I just don't think I'm using the phone to its full advantage really. All I do is txt, phone, and facebook/browser.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #748
stonehenge

That's all I do regularly

I like having mine themed, like how fast it is overclocked, use a few root-requiring apps like cachemate and screenshot apps, etc.

But on a regular basis, the overclocking and theme is the only thing I see/use all the time.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #749
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Yup same here.
I've never tried overclocking it. I'm actually kind of scared to. My luck it would burst into flames or something.
As far as it being rooted, I mean hell. I can leave it rooted using the factory ROM right? I like the DroidMod, but it FC'd a couple times when I was in the middle of something important.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #750
stonehenge

Yeah you can root and stop after that if you want, you don't HAVE to install a rom. I think you could even install a new kernel into the stock if you wanted to overclock it.

I haven't heard any reports of people having issues after overclocking. Many are running them up to like 1.3ghz and shit

If you put it up around 1ghz though you can definitely notice a difference in speed IMO