Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-04-2010, 12:51 AM   #1951
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
WTF
I have my music on the internal portion and I can do all of that

Wait i lied its on my sd lol
first acusing me of longcat deletion and now this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
When did you order?
You shoulda ordered one asap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPETIEx View Post
I just had my X delivered to me today thanks to the FedEx man. I’m so excited to start playing with it! This is my first android phone so I’m not too familiar with them... What are some hints, tips, tricks, or must have apps that you guys can tell me about?
Nice! I love mine. Ask if you have any questions. Not sure what to recommend, it depends what you want to do.

I like to have a file manager to move things around, rename files, open files, etc. I like Linda File Manager but Astro is also nice. Both are free in the market.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:01 AM   #1952
MikeH
waffler

MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
You shoulda ordered one asap!
As long as its here by the time I get back I will be good. I didnt realize I was moving to the one side of town that doesnt have 3G and was gonna have to switch carriers.

My parents hot ass realtor came in and she had a X. She said it was too big lol. She was throwing it in her purse without a case on, I died a little inside.
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:03 AM   #1953
xPETIEx

xPETIEx would bone the princess if he was Mario

Thanks man. Like I said its my first droid/smart phone so Im sure my needs will grow the more I learn about what all can be done on it.

How do you go about putting self made ringtones on the phone for use?
xPETIEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:51 AM   #1954
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Default Re: Android Thread

Well there are apps like Zedge where you can browse and download ringtones for free.

Then there is Ringdroid. With that app, you can open any mp3 on your phone, crop out a section, and save it as a ringtone.

And if you already have the mp3 ringtone you want, put it in a folder named "ringtones" or" notifications" anywhere on your sdcard and android will find them.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:52 AM   #1955
stonehenge

Quote:
My parents hot ass realtor came in and she had a X. She said it was too big lol. She was throwing it in her purse without a case on, I died a little inside.
Shoulda told her to stfu and give you the phone. Even trade for N1.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:59 AM   #1956
MikeH
waffler

Would rather wait for a new one the way she was throwing in her purse.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:36 AM   #1957
stonehenge

whata bish, how could she do such a thing
Old 08-04-2010, 03:37 AM   #1958
xPETIEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Well there are apps like Zedge where you can browse and download ringtones for free.

Then there is Ringdroid. With that app, you can open any mp3 on your phone, crop out a section, and save it as a ringtone.

And if you already have the mp3 ringtone you want, put it in a folder named "ringtones" or" notifications" anywhere on your sdcard and android will find them.
Yeh I have some made from older phones and stuff. I had a feeling it was something super easy... Hahah. Do you have a link to a good noob guide to android/X by chance? Thanks again man.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:44 AM   #1959
stonehenge

Quote:
Yeh I have some made from older phones and stuff. I had a feeling it was something super easy... Hahah. Do you have a link to a good noob guide to android/X by chance? Thanks again man.
This may seem weird but I don't know if Android will play midi files, so I hope they aren't THAT old lol. It will play mp3s and SHOULD play wav files and whatnot.

I don't think I've really seen a general noob guide but you can ask us anything if you run into any issues.

One big thing I can tell you is learn to embrace the longpress and the menu button. Both are super useful. If you want to do something and can't figure out how, try pressing menu or longpressing on the thing in question. Longpress is like right clicking on a computer and the menu key is like the File,Edit,etc menu at the top of every window.

Oh and if you want, you can get Tapatalk. It will allow you to read this forum on your phone and reply to threads without having to load the whole site in your browser. It's pretty useful.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:53 AM   #1960
MikeH
waffler

Quote:
Heres a 336 page PDF that goes over FroYo. Not really useful yet since the X is only on Eclair but will be once it gets the update.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-download.html
Old 08-04-2010, 03:56 AM   #1961
xPETIEx

They are in mp3 format and it worked perfectly man. Thanks again!

Im sure I will have more questions down the road tho...
Old 08-04-2010, 03:58 AM   #1962
stonehenge

Oh and I'm not sure how you feel about it but there are ways to acquire free apps. Up to you if you want to do that or not.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:02 AM   #1963
xPETIEx

Im not against free apps. Hahah. How do you acquire them? How do you load them after you download them?
Old 08-04-2010, 04:14 AM   #1964
stonehenge

There are several websites/blogs that have links to free apps. android-underground.com for example.

When you download an app, it comes in the form of an .apk file. That is pretty much like an "exe" on a windows computer. You put it on your sdcard and then open it using a file manager. It will then ask if you want to install, show you the permissions the app needs, etc just like when you install from the market. The only downside is that apps installed this way won't automatically update via the market, you'll have to go back to these sites and look for an update from time to time.

OH and before you do the above, go into your Settings > Applications and enable "unknown sources". This allows you to install .apk files.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Oh and Mike, does the rep mean that you liked the weather widget? Or just that it was a good attempt? lol
Old 08-04-2010, 04:26 AM   #1965
xPETIEx

Awesome! I have a feeling I'm going to be up super late tonight messing with this thing... Hahah. Im loving it so far tho.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:39 AM   #1966
stonehenge

Yeah, Android is fun. Quick question: How'd you end up at AOT?
Old 08-04-2010, 05:08 AM   #1967
xPETIEx

I started browsing and lurking on GMFS years ago. I finally came over to check out AOT after I saw it mentioned a few times.

I downloaded beautiful widgets. I like it a ton more than the stock weather setup.

I there an app that you know of off hand that you can set up your ringtones to cycle like a jukebox?

Last edited by xPETIEx; 08-04-2010 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:56 AM   #1968
MikeH
waffler

I liked it Juan. Fancy Widget keeps growing on me tho and it hasnt given me any problems so Im gonna stick with it for a while. Plus I think it looks pretty damn good with my new wallpaper (looks better on the device)

Old 08-04-2010, 07:36 AM   #1969
stonehenge

Quote:
I started browsing and lurking on GMFS years ago. I finally came over to check out AOT after I saw it mentioned a few times.

I downloaded beautiful widgets. I like it a ton more than the stock weather setup.

I there an app that you know of off hand that you can set up your ringtones to cycle like a jukebox?
Ah okay, i figured you came from one of the other forums.

I saw a ringtone randomizing app somewhere but I don't remember the name. Ill look for it.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:36 AM   #1970
stonehenge

Looks good Mike.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #1971
MikeH
waffler

That pic makes the wallpaper look like shit. It looks a lot better on the phone. It makes the icons and everything pop a little more.

There was an update for Root Explorer not sure if you saw it or not Juan.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:25 AM   #1972
Manbearpig
:van:

Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

http://androidforums.com/1301619-post1.html

"Attention: It is highly recommend that any Verizon Wireless Android device running on Android 2.1 do not perform a factory reset/ data wipe. If you do, you will lose your 3G data service and you will not be able to regain it. Reports of this issue have been swarming since yesterday. This has been replicated multiple times with the LG Ally, HTC Droid Eris, Motorola Droid, HTC Droid Incredible, and the Droid X. The only Verizon Wireless Android device not affected is the Motorola Devour. This information comes to me from a source within Verizon Wireless. I am told that the highest level technicians at VZW are absolutely puzzled about what is causing this. There is nothing wrong with Verizon’s system. There appears to be something internally wrong with the devices after performing such a reset. There is no way to reverse/correct this. I will hopefully have more confirmation of this from Verizon tomorrow morning. "

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

Droid vs lawn mower

Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #1973
stonehenge

Quote:
There was an update for Root Explorer not sure if you saw it or not Juan.
Saw it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
http://androidforums.com/1301619-post1.html

"Attention: It is highly recommend that any Verizon Wireless Android device running on Android 2.1 do not perform a factory reset/ data wipe. If you do, you will lose your 3G data service and you will not be able to regain it. Reports of this issue have been swarming since yesterday. This has been replicated multiple times with the LG Ally, HTC Droid Eris, Motorola Droid, HTC Droid Incredible, and the Droid X. The only Verizon Wireless Android device not affected is the Motorola Devour. This information comes to me from a source within Verizon Wireless. I am told that the highest level technicians at VZW are absolutely puzzled about what is causing this. There is nothing wrong with Verizon’s system. There appears to be something internally wrong with the devices after performing such a reset. There is no way to reverse/correct this. I will hopefully have more confirmation of this from Verizon tomorrow morning. "

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

Droid vs lawn mower

Well that is weird as fuck. Fuckin devour

Bish got fucked UP.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #1974
stonehenge

Here is the case I got, same seller even (pawavenue). In the video he says it is "Smoked" but that is the clear case. The smoked one is a lot darker. He is kind of annoying when he says blah blah blah so many times but it is a BAMF case.

Video page
Full screen
Old 08-05-2010, 07:15 AM   #1975
stonehenge

Quote:
Is there an app that you know of off hand that you can set up your ringtones to cycle like a jukebox?
Ringtone Randomizer in the market.