Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2010, 01:35 AM   #1751
MikeH
waffler

MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I should have bought an extra battery while the online store was still up. Now I cant find an OEM one.
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:26 AM   #1752
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Default Re: Android Thread

Any chance its the same as some other HTC phones? Incredible? Evo?
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:34 AM   #1753
MikeH
waffler

Pretty sure they are different. Thinking about trying to sell my N1 and getting a Captivate. N1's are going for 500+ on eBay.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:00 AM   #1754
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Have you played with a Captivate? I would before getting rid of teh N1. I've liked the build on all the HTCs I've held/used but not so much with the few samsungs I've played with. Lots of others have been saying the Galaxy S variants are cheap feeling, like creaking plastic and shit. DNW. But if it feels good to you, its Android so it has to be FTW from an OS standpoint!

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Oh and my coworker with an Incredible put an Eris battery in his and it worked fine. So some share batteries.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:13 AM   #1755
MikeH
waffler

Will have to do some research on the battery. I have read a ton of threads about them tho and nobody has said anything about a different phones battery being interchangeable. I dunno if I wanna give up my N1 anyways because there is so much support behind it.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Hopefully I will have a better job by the next time HTC drops a new beast phone on VZW so I can switch carriers.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:15 AM   #1756
stonehenge

That is the main reason I miss my Droid. There was so much of a community behind it. The N1 is the same. I think in time the Galaxy S could be huge because of the whole 110 countries getting it thing lol but time will tell.

The X has been getting a lot of attention, root in less than a week is nice. If it wasn't such a PITA it would probably be unlocked and running Clockwork and maybe some form of CM6 by now. Damn bootloader POS.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:15 AM   #1757
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

n1 has a huge fuckking battery imo. thought i could switch it with my mytouch. :fail: fucking n1 is like twice as big

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:19 AM   #1758
stonehenge

Just found out that the N1 and Desire have the same batteries. So look for Desire batteries.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Or get a Seidio battery. I know you wanted OEM but I have heard very good things about Seidio batteries. Plus you can order an "extended" one that still fits under the factory cover. It doesn't add a LOT of battery life, but for fitting under the stock cover, any added BL is nice.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:24 AM   #1759
MikeH
waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Just found out that the N1 and Desire have the same batteries. So look for Desire batteries.
Sweet

Koush already got Clockwork on the Galaxy S. It will probably be a pretty big phone since every carrier is getting some variation of it like you said.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Everywhere I have read said the Seidio battery is worse than the stock one, even the extended.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:24 AM   #1760
stonehenge

Oh and if you move to VZW, don't be afraid of Moto. Their phones are BAMF. The only downside is the bootloader but I'm hoping they'll get past it. They are making some progress I think and once the D2 comes out, even more devs will be on the job. :crossfingers:

Here is Seidio's replacement that fits the stock door, it is 1600mAh instead of 1400mAh: http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/basi16hnx1.htm

And here is their BEAST battery that is 3200mAh! :http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bacy32hnx1-bk.htm

but the last one requires that stupid extended battery door thing, makes your phone fat
Old 07-25-2010, 03:29 AM   #1761
MikeH
waffler

A bunch of batteries that were tested

http://batteryboss.org/
Old 07-25-2010, 03:34 AM   #1762
stonehenge

nice so the Seidio 1600 tested lower than the OEM 1400
Old 07-25-2010, 03:38 AM   #1763
MikeH
waffler

The OEM battery was only 25 bucks too

Progress chart on CM6
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CNf7ie8G#gid=0
Old 07-25-2010, 03:38 AM   #1764
stonehenge

then hell ya, oem ftw

http://www.otterbox.com/motorola-dro...es-coming-soon
Old 07-25-2010, 03:41 AM   #1765
MikeH
waffler

Hopefully HTC will start selling them direct.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:38 AM   #1766
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater
chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater

got the otterbox for my ally i like it. except the screen protector but i have a new one coming to fix that.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:17 AM   #1767
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Shaggy has disabled reputation

With the Droid X wireless/wifi, if I am connected to my wireless internet, are all the phone calls I make free, like VOIP?

GMFS STATUS: NOT BANNED
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:14 AM   #1768
stonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrado14 View Post
got the otterbox for my ally i like it. except the screen protector but i have a new one coming to fix that.
They already have one for the Ally!? Nice! I had a Commuter for my Droid and it was BAMF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
With the Droid X wireless/wifi, if I am connected to my wireless internet, are all the phone calls I make free, like VOIP?
Nope, they still go through Verizon like normal calls. You might be able to use Skype or some other app but it wouldn't be your normal phone number. I've never tried it though.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:32 AM   #1769
MikeH
waffler

I think we should put a guide/FAQ together Juan, I feel like a broken record explaining the same thing to people flashing.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 AM   #1770
stonehenge

Lol I know what you mean. The only thing that sucks is every so often we'd have to redo it. Like the way I originally rooted/rom'd my droid is different than how you'd do it with a new phone. Now you'd downgrade first, then do what I did. The roms available are different, etc. hmmm
Old 07-25-2010, 07:01 AM   #1771
MikeH
waffler

True but once all devices get FroYo it wouldn't need to be updated for a while. We can just mke something for people to look back on to double check if they need to wipe or what not. Doesn't necessarily need to be a guide.

Smart Keyboard just switched to some weird mode and don't know how to get it back to normal
Old 07-25-2010, 07:05 AM   #1772
stonehenge

I think SKB changes modes when you swipe. I disable all the gestures so it stays on the qwerty.

As for the FAQ, i'll help out if you want to make one.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:15 AM   #1773
MikeH
waffler

That was it, figured it would be something simple.

I will try to start typing something up Monday.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:24 AM   #1774
stonehenge

sounds good
Old 07-25-2010, 07:32 AM   #1775
MikeH
waffler

Koush tweeted that he got an X. Hopefully good things will follow.