View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 04:30 PM   #596
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Junkyard got an '83 Lesabre last week. Sunday and yesterday I went and harvested shit. Gonna go back and harvest more.

I got the rear bumper. Mine is rotting pretty badly. Someone else tried to get it but they couldn't get a stuck nut off. Looks like they tried flailing it to use the bumper as a lever to break it but failed; the rear quarter is dented and scraped in an obvious pattern for that.

Got the faux woodgrain dash panels. Left and center pieces are in better condition than mine. My passenger side one is undamaged/unworn, but the donor's has the cutout for the clock...I got the clock too, though I could put some other gauge there. However, the woodgrain veneer on them isn't as nice as mine. Also got the dash vents.

Got the armrest extensions with the power window switches. Donor's interior is burgundy so they don't match but if I ever want them at least they'll fit. They just staple onto the end of the regular armrest and screw into the door.

The speedometer has what looks like an optical pickup. It's on a short lead to a #25007227 VSS/DRAC module. Neato! Didn't want to pay the $25 for it so I just got the guts and left the face/lens/housing. I'll be able to use my mechanical speedometer for a future electronic engine control! Somewhere in my stuff I have a device that connects between the two halves of the speedometer cable to do the same job, got it off of a car with an aftermarket cruise control years ago, but can't find it and anyway I've converted to a one-piece speedometer cable. (Actually, grabbed the lower speedometer cable half from this car too, so if I find that device I guess I could use it.)

Got various connectors and shit, of course. There is an electrical distribution panel hidden way up high behind the dash on the drivers fender, mine has a bunch of open spots, so I grabbed the connectors, now I can plug shit into it.

Got the fiberglass front clip and grill yesterday. (Wish I hadn't gotten and paid for the headlight surrounds previously, they would have been part of this anyway.) I don't need it, but if anything should ever happen it's not like I can just order one, it could be difficult to find one. Wife said to go and get the front bumper and the fenders for the same reason. My wife is a bad influence on me with the spending!

Got the brake proportioning valve/combination valve, those are particular to each model and hard to find so if mine ever fails I have one. I'm thinking of pickling it in a jar of brake fluid to prevent it from rusting inside.

Got the chrome trim at the passenger side fenders. My rear one has a nasty dent (not from my driving), donor's is better; and the donor's passenger front one is good. Drivers side ones on donor aren't so great.

There's more but I can't remember it at the moment.