Thread: IT Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #320
fatkidkustomz
Resident Drunkard

fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:
fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:

Soooo.... here's a good one for you guys.

Guy I work with wants me to take a look at his laptop. He brings it to me and says, "It won't work." the standard diagnosis, right? Well, it won't boot.

First off, this thing is an off-brand (from what I can tell), old brick. Running XP. I'm thinking it has hard drive issues, given the fact that it hangs at the XP startup screen, then cycles back to the "Windows failed to boot properly" menu. And it's clicking... so yeah.

Anyway, not sure what to do about this one. He wants to save it, if at all possible, so I'm asking the pros. As Rick knows, I'm a few steps behind you guys on my knowledge, but I'm working on stepping that up and trying to break fully into the IT field. So little things like these are great for my skill building, but I don't want to end up totally killing the man's computer, you know?

Any advice?
fatkidkustomz is offline   Reply With Quote