Thread: IT Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #309
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

K peep this.

Dell Poweredge 2950 server. Basically brand new.
Server 2003

Dude remoted in after I switched a card that the phone line hooks up to (This machine is going to be used for our new telephone banking)

he had some error, I had to remove the card and let him do some adjustments.

This is the last email I got from him AFTER he'd made his adjustments, I'd re-installed the card, and thought all was good to go.

Quote:
After some testing here, it appears, that the Dialogic software will remember what slot a board is plugged into, therefore, if we can change slots, it should resolve the issue, I would also back our testing here with, I manually told your IVR, that the D4 was in slot 12, and it caused a hard lock.
Well I went in and took a look and rebooted the server. It will go through POST, but when it comes time for it to start loading windows it just sits there w/ black screen. HDD's are inactive, etc.

I've tried safe mode, last known good config, removed card, put back in old slot, etc.
Nothing.

When I boot to last known Good config, it locks the machine instantly
When I do safe mode it gets to the windows/blah/blah/system part and freezes there indefinately.

What in the hell do I do besides blowing it away? I can't get the repair console to work b/c I can't get the SCSI/RAID controller drivers to load when I use the 2k3 cd to boot with.