PDA

View Full Version : Tornados...in New England of all places?

theholycow
06-01-2011, 11:34 PM
I work near Worcester MA. Around 3pm we got a tornado warning. At 4:20 it was looking pretty nasty. We leave at 4:30 so we decided to take off a little early, lest we get stuck huddled in the basement with nuns (Catholic college).

I stopped to get gas. Lightning was making some awful electric buzzes and cracks as it landed all around me. There were weird noises coming from the sickly black sky west of me.

I drove home and my friend called to ask if I got away alright. That's when I found out actual tornados were destroying shit in Springfield, 50 miles west...and in Sturbridge, a scant 20 miles away...and possibly the next town over, too.

My wife called. She told me that Providence RI is a madhouse, traffic is gridlocked everywhere and people are abandoning their cars to run into houses because of warnings on the radio. :fp: It's not that bad folks, don't panic yet.

Then there's this guy... "Please don't take my Genesis!" :jester:
IDecvP23u8o

stonehenge
06-01-2011, 11:45 PM
cao be jesting pero if :gB: was near turnadur you be like

:ffuuu::ffuuu2:

:pissedoff: TORNADUH I WILL END YOU IF YOU TAKE MY gB

theholycow
06-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Fuck that shit. :gB: is tough. It be like
:ape:
BRING IT ON, TORNADO, I AIN'T AFRAID OF YOU

Cool video bro:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/videos/tornado-in-downtown-springfield-ma-20822

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

We're watching the weather channel and they showed video of the Springfield tornado. It's not a sharply defined funnel, instead it's a huge spinning haze of debris.

Wife is like "That's not a tornado, that's just a spinning cloud. I saw one in Providence." :fp2: No wonder people were abandoning their cars and running into buildings. She thinks it has to look like this:
http://www.bnrglobal.com/Toms/images/Bugles-Original-Flavor.jpg

VmaxEngage
06-02-2011, 05:14 PM
:lol: bugles, bite size naders

shootermcgavin003
06-07-2011, 05:26 AM
i got to be in the eye of one in 2000 in east ky