PDA

View Full Version : Yay... Finally running Android on the HD2 as a primary ROM...

visualoddity
07-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Yay... Finally running Android on the HD2 as a primary ROM...

The ROM I posted before was mainly for fun, and just to play around w/ Android on the HD2. Well, now I am running a daily ROM. I am using NRG's stripped WinMo ROM as a base, then the Desire_V5 Android build with NOSPEEDY ZImage, and JMZ's dualboot.

When I first boot, the drivers are loaded in the background via WinMo, then I am given the option to boot WinMo or Android. Simple as that. There are only a few things missing in this Android build, but it's pretty close. It's missing GPS, which isn't even in the Kernal right now, the ability to connect as a mass storage device, which is working in another build, so it shouldn't be long, and there are a few issues with a green flashing box
while watching video. Other than that, sound works, but is a tad quiet, wifi and data work great, camera works sans flash, and most everything else.

I am guessing it won't be more than a few weeks or a month before we have a perfectly stable, complete, and built ROM to put in flash and completely remove WinMo. I am so excited!

Android > *

(Also, I'll be glad to make another short video to show off this new ROM if you guys want... When I get a little time.)

2005_Silverado
07-26-2010, 10:45 PM
nice! beast phone with Android = :datass:

Cez★
07-26-2010, 11:02 PM
fucking awesome

stonehenge
07-26-2010, 11:44 PM
:cheeky: