PDA

View Full Version : Ipod troubles :(

apedestrian
12-26-2009, 05:07 AM
so i got a ipod this christmas and i put all my (Pirated) music on it then when i go to look at the "artist" section and i have about 20 of the same artist with 1 song in each Band

heres a example,

Rage against the machine
- bomb track
-know your enemy

Rage against the machine
sleep now in the fire
calm like a bomb

Rage against the machine>
testify
settle for nothing

also i noticed some of my music after the name there is a Random Japanese symbol or square that i don't lnow how to get rid of :(

theholycow
12-26-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't know iPods specifically, but here's what it sounds like: Your pirated (arr, matey) music doesn't have consistent tags. "Rage Against The Machine" may be different from "Rage Against the Machine", and is definitely different from "Rage Against The Machine", "Rage Agianst The Machine", "Rage Against Teh Machine", "Rage Against The Machine.", and "Rage Against The Machine".

Before loading them into your iPod, and probably before loading them into iTunes, use a mass tag editor to write artist (and maybe album) tags to all of them at once.

I recommend these two very efficient mass taggers:

Musicbrainz Picard - http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Picard_Tagger
- Picard has some great sorting and auto-tagging features. It can also automatically tag completely unidentified songs by comparing what they sound like against an online database of songs. The interface is not very intuitive, though.

mp3tag - http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
- Small, simple, fast, and inutitive, mp3tag takes the pain out of tagging your music collection manually. It supports mp3, wma, and probably a bunch of other formats. It is great for manually retagging a bunch of files at once.

I'd recommend you start with mp3tag because it's smaller, quicker, and simpler, just to get your current job done...then try Picard to fix up and organize your whole collection automatically.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Oh, and music piracy is illegal in most countries.

Biggs
12-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah, it's not your ipod. Had the same trouble with my Zune. I eventually learned to check the tags in files after downloading them before installing them. :pirate:
Also, don't forget to back up your collection just in case of a hard drive crash or anything. Went through that before as well :Stupid Me:

apedestrian
12-26-2009, 11:10 PM
alright thanks guys :thewave:

Cez★
12-26-2009, 11:17 PM
what thc said. or you can just rename them

apedestrian
12-27-2009, 01:37 AM
Holycow, im bad with this type of stuff. ive got both of those tagging problems and i have no clue on how to use them:picardpalm::hahano:

stonehenge
12-27-2009, 01:48 AM
Open one of the tagging apps and go to the place where all your songs are and go song-by-song and make sure the artist/title/album/etc are correct. You can usually select multiple songs at once also and change parts. Like selecting all the RATM songs and changing the artist to "Rage Against The Machine" so they are all exactly the same.

apedestrian
12-27-2009, 03:55 AM
Open one of the tagging apps and go to the place where all your songs are and go song-by-song and make sure the artist/title/album/etc are correct. You can usually select multiple songs at once also and change parts. Like selecting all the RATM songs and changing the artist to "Rage Against The Machine" so they are all exactly the same.

they are all fixed :D

BillyJeanKing
12-27-2009, 06:16 PM
VwoRMAC461A