PDA

View Full Version : Important: Don't eat at this restaurant

theholycow
12-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Don't eat at Paradou in NYC.

http://emailsfromcrazypeople.com/2009/12/17/a-mellow-workplace/
http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/paradous-owner-vadim-ponorovsky-is-talking-to-bloggers/13226

:facepalm:

BillyJeanKing
12-18-2009, 07:18 PM
So we shouldn't eat there because the guy is tired of bitching and moaning?

theholycow
12-18-2009, 07:21 PM
The manager treats his employees like shit and threatens them because they've failed to collect enough email addresses for his spam list. He doesn't even backpedal or apologize when his insane email goes public.

That doesn't sound like a business I would want to support, nor a place where I would trust the food.

BillyJeanKing
12-18-2009, 07:28 PM
The guy said his employees bitch about the pay and tips, it seems like you would do everything you can as an employee to increase your own income

I've worked in the restaurant industry and taken classes in hotel & restaurant management and i can tell you that industry is a bitch, you have to do everything to make and keep a restaurant successful.

If they don't try to get repeat customers then they(the employees) are part of the problem.

theholycow
12-18-2009, 08:31 PM
:shrug: I'm not sure what that's got to do with the issue. The issue is this:

This weekend, saturday and sunday we had 451 customers. Guess how many emails we collected? 60? 80? 40? No. None of those. We, or more acurately you, collected 2 emails. Thats less than half of one percent. 2 fucking emails.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU ASSHOLES?!?!?! How many times do we have to tell you how important it is that you collect emails. Everytime we have a slow night and you make no money and you sit there bitching about how you make no money, remember its because youre fucking lazy motherfuckers. YOU SHOULD ALL BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY!!!!! ALL OF YOU, INCLUDING THE HOSTS!!!!

Let me guess, youre probably sitting there saying “Vadim is such a fucking asshole. How dare he speak to me like this. I dont need this.” Youre right, you dont, so why dont you get the fuck out. Any and all of you.

Youre probably sitting there saying “How dare he speak to me like this. How dare he not have respect for me”. Youre right there also. I have absolutely no respect for any of you. Why? Because every f—ing day, all of you continue to show that you have absolutely no respect for me or Alex. So if you dont respect us enough to do the little that we ask you to do, then GET THE FUCK OUT YOU FUCKING LAZY DISRESPECTFUL ASSHOLES!!!!!

Effective immediately, any server or host who fails to collect at least 20 emails per week, will be fined $100. Anyone failing to collect at least 20 emails for two weeks in a month will be fired immediately. No matter what. No matter who you are.

You dont want to do your job, you dont want to do what we ask, you dont belong at Paradou. Go find another place to work.

How dare you disrespect Alex and me this way. How dare you completely ignore what we ask of you time after time after time.

I am sick of all this shit, you bunch of fucking children. This is what I have to deal with at 6AM?!?!? I wouldnt tolerate this from my 13 year old, and Im sure as shit not going to tolerate it from any of you a–holes.

You give no respect, you get 10 times back.

It's not okay to talk to your employees that way. For fuck's sake, I worked on small-company roofing crews staffed with the dregs of society, real winners, and we didn't abuse eachother like that. Sure, hammers were thrown at radios playing bad songs, guys occasionally got into shouting matches and so on...but if someone, the boss or otherwise, pulled that kind of shit, at least one person would end up the hospital.

On top of all that, he didn't even rant like that because employees stole from the company, or hurt a customer, or something like that...he did it because they weren't collecting email addresses for him to spam.

The whole thing is scummy and abusive.

BillyJeanKing
12-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Its got everything to do with it

He should yell at them

they're the ones that bitch about pay all the damn time

theholycow
12-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Yikes. Remind me not to get a job working for you. :crazy:

2005_Silverado
12-18-2009, 09:02 PM
idiots wouldnt be getting yelled at if they did their job :shrug: But if the employees arent making a big deal about it, saying thats just the way he is, then let it be :imo: If they wanna put up with his shit because theyre slacking then so be it.

Cez★
12-18-2009, 09:05 PM
idiots wouldnt be getting yelled at if they did their job :shrug: But if the employees arent making a big deal about it, saying thats just the way he is, then let it be :imo: If they wanna put up with his shit because theyre slacking then so be it.

he should just fire them

BillyJeanKing
12-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Yikes. Remind me not to get a job working for you. :crazy:

:handshake:

lol, that smiley is jesty :imo:

2005_Silverado
12-18-2009, 09:13 PM
they should leave if they dont like it...he obviously thinks they have potential to do their work, just has to get their attention and remind them to do their job. If thats how he gets his point across and they know his attitude, then I see nothing wrong. If he just blew up on their faces out of nowhere, then hes out of line...but if its his management style he can manage however he wants....until someone complains to some agency

theholycow
12-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I agree that if they don't like it they should quit...I sure would.

Like I say, try that shit on a roofing crew and guys with hammers and nailguns are gonna throwdown. I guess the restaurant industry is more one-sided.

Biggs
12-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Damned if i'd work for a boss who talks to me like that. If he thinks i'm that bad, then fire my ass. Cause I sure wouldn't wanna work for someone who thought of me that way. Sorry, but there is better ways of motivating your employees.
And if they're so bad, then why did he hire them in the first place? Or at least not get rid of them if they're that bad.
PMS over not getting e-mail addresses for a spam listing? they have "special" facilities for people like that..

theholycow
12-19-2009, 12:40 AM
And if they're so bad, then why did he hire them in the first place? Or at least not get rid of them if they're that bad.

:read:

I'm glad I'm not the only one here who thinks it's over the top.

2005_Silverado
12-19-2009, 01:00 AM
Maybe they were doing good before when he wasnt asking them to take down emails. Now that hes requiring them to do so, they're slacking. Its a possibility :shrug:

Biggs
12-19-2009, 02:48 AM
Still a better way to get your point across than what he did. I sure didn't see the owner doing crap besides go on a PMS fit.

theholycow
12-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Update: http://emailsfromcrazypeople.com/2009/12/19/a-mellow-workplace-part-2/
You can quote me on this: Any time, any place . . . these fucks, if they want to send me an e-mail, I will crack every one of their fucking heads and make the streets run with blood. I will not have my family threatened by anyone. I will fucking slaughter all these people and dance on their heads.
Still think he's well-balanced, that he'd say stuff like that to the public?

I especially LOL that he doesn't want these fucks sending him an email, but he wants to send spam to everyone (and that's what the whole thing is about).

wiggim
12-22-2009, 12:20 AM
wow...if you ever tried that with the millwrights here you would prob. need stitches and Xrays cause one of us would lose it...i think it would be a lot different if you wernt doing your job but i dont think your job should be to get emails so that the boss can spam bomb you that shit just isnt cool