PDA

View Full Version : Health: Ears blocked with wax? New product FTW!

theholycow
11-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Every few years my ears get blocked with wax, no matter what I do to keep them clean. I get almost deaf. I try ear drops and a squirt bulb usually to no avail. I then go to the doctor and they squirt various chemicals until a plug falls out (eww, gross). I think once the doc dug it out with a little scoop (aka "curette"), as described in various articles about earwax problems.

I decided to get ahead of it this time. I felt like I was beginning to get blocked up but wasn't completely blocked yet. I started with my left ear, putting ear drops in a couple hours before my shower and using a foam earplug to keep the stuff in. Then I'd squirt the showerhead in my ear and use the rubber ear bulb squirter. I did that for three days in a row and only managed to block my ear worse each time.

In WalMart today I found this:
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/01/89/15/31/00/0189153100004_500X500.jpg

At $6 for 10 pieces, it seemed a little expensive, but I couldn't resist. It's plastic, about the size and shape of a Q-tip, with a scoop at one end and a fin-ball (imagine the cooling fins on a small engine, miniaturized and shaped into a ball) at the other end.

I continued my previous left ear strategy. I got in the shower and went shortly to trying a Clinere after squirting a bit. My first few scoops produced nothing in either ear. Then I found a way to get little bits of wax in the scoop from my right ear. After two bits of wax, I pulled out a plug! Hallelujah!

Then I went to squirting the left ear some more. The Clinere can't grab anything; I think it's too soft or something. I stick the ear bulb in pretty deep, hoping I'd stick it past the plug and force the plug out with hydraulic pressure. After a few tries, that worked too!

The Clinere would have saved me days of effort and left-ear deafness if I had started with it.

Cez★
12-01-2009, 07:33 PM
:hmm: maybe this will clear teh ringing in my ears

theholycow
12-01-2009, 07:57 PM
I found a ear-flush syringe similar to the kind the doctors use after posting that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SOJXGA/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p121_t2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0C9R16T087BSFVKD1V66&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

How long have you had tinnitus?

BillyJeanKing
12-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Reminds me of the sinus pot

j8sDIbRAXlg

:rofl:

theholycow
12-01-2009, 08:16 PM
:uhoh: I have been extremely miserable from being congested deep in my sinuses. I get bad sinus infections a couple times every year. I have never been desperate and miserable enough to consider using a neti pot, no matter how much my wife insists that it's great.

Cez★
12-01-2009, 08:19 PM
I found a ear-flush syringe similar to the kind the doctors use after posting that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SOJXGA/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p121_t2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0C9R16T087BSFVKD1V66&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

How long have you had tinnitus?

whats tinnitus? idk ive had a ringing for a long time. i thought it was from listening to shit real loud

Reminds me of the sinus pot

j8sDIbRAXlg

:rofl:

:roflsquared: teh look on the lady is priceless

:uhoh: I have been extremely miserable from being congested deep in my sinuses. I get bad sinus infections a couple times every year. I have never been desperate and miserable enough to consider using a neti pot, no matter how much my wife insists that it's great.

yea that shit looks :uhoh:

theholycow
12-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Tinnitus is the fancy word for "ringing in your ears".

SarkOzy
12-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Holy shit that looks intense.

And I've never had this problem. :shrug:

Cez★
12-01-2009, 08:39 PM
ahh :shake: thought so. ima blow my eardrums maybe thatll help