PDA

View Full Version : Important: I'd already be in prison if I did this

theholycow
11-19-2009, 02:52 PM
http://www.connpost.com/ci_13807681
Summary: Cop doing 100mph on a 40mph road, not responding to an emergency, his strobe lights not on, hits a left-turning car and kills two teens. Unlike what would happen to me if I merely did 100 on that road without hitting anyone, he is not currently behind bars.

The video is from the dash cam of another cop car coming from the same place.
JCqEhrX4ruU

chevyrado14
11-19-2009, 03:12 PM
what a dumbass. i hate cops that think they can get away with anything just because they are cops. he needs to be locked up for killing those kids.

Cez★
11-19-2009, 06:51 PM
i dont even think they can do 100 even in a emergency can they?

theholycow
11-19-2009, 06:54 PM
I think the law is that they're supposed to obey the speed limit and that they just get there quicker because everybody gets out of their way and they can run red lights (after slowing a lot)...and anything beyond that is subject to what a judge or jury thinks is reasonable, if it ever went to court.

Considering that there was no emergency, I don't think anyone would think even 60mph was reasonable.

Cez★
11-19-2009, 06:58 PM
:scum:

stonehenge
11-19-2009, 06:58 PM
I think the law is that they're supposed to obey the speed limit and that they just get there quicker because everybody gets out of their way and they can run red lights (after slowing a lot)...and anything beyond that is subject to what a judge or jury thinks is reasonable, if it ever went to court.

Considering that there was no emergency, I don't think anyone would think even 60mph was reasonable.

:word: with no emergency and no lights they should be driving exactly like everyone else is required to.