PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Wife's driving me nuts

theholycow
09-18-2009, 02:53 AM
She grew up in a somewhat dense suburban environment. We bought a house in a more country area. Behind our house is forest, nothing else.

Despite the fact that the place she came from has loads of crime and our rural town is the safest town in the state, she gets irrationally afraid that there are legions of serial killers hiding behind every tree.

A few days ago a cop went missing in a nearby forest. It is reported that he is very familiar with the forest area where his police car was parked and jogs (or whatever) on those trails daily. There has been a major search for days, with almost a thousand people (that's 10% of our town population), helicopters, dogs, etc. Our neighbor thinks he probably pulled a scam and left the country. He has a good point to support that idea; with all that effort, they'd have to have found some trace....a hair, a piece of clothing, something.

The more I read about it, the more I think my neighbor is right.
http://www2.turnto10.com/jar/news/local/article/police_conclude_search_for_officer_reported_missin g/23315/
Searchers found Hopton’s car with one key on the seat Sunday morning, but there was no sign of the officer. Police believe Hopton took his service revolver and his Rhode Island driver’s license.

Police said they don’t suspect foul play and that it appears Hopton does not want to be found.

Now she thinks that either a psycho cop or a psycho cop-killer is hanging out in our backyard waiting to kill us. She's going fucking nuts and it's driving me fucking nuts. She had a nightmare recently and has decided to connect that to the whole thing, she thinks it was a premonition.

:suicide:

Cez★
09-18-2009, 03:57 AM
easy, cut down teh forest sell teh lumber tell her no one can hide now :shake: lol nah but it does sound fishy. reminds me of that kid that left without a trace too and was found by some school stealing wifi

okbeast
09-18-2009, 04:26 AM
burn the forest. IMO

theholycow
09-18-2009, 11:19 AM
More info:
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/09/17/Search-for-missing-police-officer-ends/UPI-52591253213129/
O'Donnell said it was inappropriate for him to comment on a prior report that Hopton disappeared after his locker was searched or after learning he was under investigation.

So, he was a crooked cop under investigation, and when they searched his locker he knew that it was over. He drove to a place that he knows better than anyone else where he could get away easily. Either he had a motorcycle hidden in the woods, a car parked in the parking lot, or an accomplice waiting to help him get away. He got away and everybody got busy looking for him in the forest but he took a plane to Jamaica or something.

Cez★
09-18-2009, 02:59 PM
o it all makes sense when you look at teh facts. show this to your wife and tell her to get back in teh kitchen :crazy:

stonehenge
09-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Put some best traps, hidden holes in the ground, mines, etc in the Forrest to five her some piece of mind imo

Bruce
09-18-2009, 11:52 PM
I understand where you are coming from except in my case it is my mom, she freaked out when my neighbor at the other end of the field had muddy footprints coming out of the woods and leading to their back door. Yea it was kinda weird, but what made it freaky is the random letters the person wrote on the backdoor with mud. Tell your wife not to freak out until that starts happening, then you need to load up the guns.

stonehenge
09-19-2009, 07:40 PM
At our old house we went into the office area and noticed that the dial on my dads gunsafe was FUBARd. Nothing else in the place was damaged, stolen, etc. There was a stereo, computer, and some other shit out there. Someone just snuck in and tried to get in. They fucked it up so bad that we couldn't get in. Locksmith opened it up and nothing was gone luckily.

btw who the hell thinks you can get into a massive ridiculously heavy obviously made to keep you out safe by prying at the dial knob?