PDA

View Full Version : House shopping

Ed4x4
08-03-2009, 04:45 AM
Anyone got any tips for buying a house? This is my first, I know I can get a tax rebate and all that jazz, which i hope to use to help with the downpayment/closing costs. Im looking at a house that needs a little work, carpet, paint, ect.. No major work. Whats the best way to work a seller down? Anything I should ask for sure? Any tips or help ya go is appreciated.

Cez★
08-03-2009, 02:45 PM
im not expert but, maybe you can use what needs fixing to lower the price

theholycow
08-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Your agent should do the haggling, you just tell your agent what you want to pay for it. If you don't have your own agent you need to get one. It won't cost anymore, and you'll have a certified expert who represents your interest.

Ed4x4
08-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Your agent should do the haggling, you just tell your agent what you want to pay for it. If you don't have your own agent you need to get one. It won't cost anymore, and you'll have a certified expert who represents your interest.

I heard about this today, sounds like the best thing to do. I didnt realize that it didnt come out of my pocket, comes out of the sellers.

Cez★
08-03-2009, 09:21 PM

thats good to know :shake: