PDA

View Full Version : No more analog

BillyJeanKing
06-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I just got cable in '04 so I grew up on rabbit ears.

I think its a good thing, at least people are either forced to get cable or get a digital converter box. Personally I would just go with cable because only having 13 channels to watch is fucking gay.

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090611/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_digital_tv_transition

theholycow
06-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Digital over-the-air tv provides a hell of a lot more channels than analog did, in my experience. No more "13 channels to watch is fucking gay".

My friend Jon got a converter box, and gets some interesting channels. There's one channel that just plays cheesy B-movies...neato...

theholycow
06-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Oh, and I got the coupons and grabbed a couple converter boxes. Even if I can't pull in anything that I don't already get on cable, maybe they'd be good to hack into something else.

stonehenge
06-12-2009, 06:18 PM
I hooked up a converter box for an old lady that is a friend of our family. I was actually pretty amazed at the stations it picked up and the quality of those stations. For example, I think with analog there was channel 4 PBS or something. With digital, there was 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, and 4-4. One station became 4 :whoa: and they all looked great! This was the middle of last year some time, by now I'm sure there are even more. I wish I had used one of those coupons and grabbed a box just to play with at home :shrug: