PDA

View Full Version : What kind of cell phones do you guys have?

stonehenge
06-03-2009, 06:40 AM
I'm bored and curious, vote then post saying what phone you have, maybe we'll get a few pages of discussion out of this somehow lol.

stonehenge
06-03-2009, 06:51 AM
The choices on this pull are dumb :blah: oh well :rofl:

I have a BlackBerry Storm and I love it. Had a BlackBerry Curve 8330 before this one. Both are great phones. Before these I had "dumbphones" (All LG: Chocolate, Chocolate2, LG Dare, and a few others) and I'm soooo glad I moved to the BlackBerry. I'm addicted now and don't see myself getting a dumbphone after it. I might stray to an iPhone if VZW ever gets one or a WinMobile phone or something, but so far I'm sticking with BB.

Cez★
06-03-2009, 02:17 PM
I have a htc shadow from t-mobile. I love this phone, easy to navigate lots of applications it has wi-fi which was a lifesaver in school when I was bored. its taken its share of abuse, ive dropped it a few times and you can tell from the paint chipping off and teh end call button is a little hard but it still works. i want another so I can let this one rest. I was thinking of getting the new shadow but it looks like dookie

chevyrado14
06-03-2009, 02:22 PM
i have the lg dare on vzw its a nice phone the touch screen is a pain sometimes my next phone will hopefully be a bb

theholycow
06-03-2009, 02:40 PM
My idea of the perfect phone:

Flip-style and small when closed. It needs to slip easily into my pocket and not get broken when I lean on stuff.
Flips vertically and horizontally, presenting standard old-fashion number keys vertical or qwerty horizontal. My sister has a phone like this. I have no idea what model it is and can't seem to find out. I guess I could ask her.
Has external MP3 controls and a proper 1/8" jack.
Has the smaller micro jack for a phone-style headset.
Has stereo A2DP bluetooth in case I ever get a car with a bluetooth stereo.
Has an easily-accessible MicroSD (Transflash) slot.
Has a decent camera with flash. Camera records to MicroSD card by default.
Can use mp3 ringtones easily.
Has a real GPS chip in it which is accessible by third-party software and doesn't require a paid service.
Maybe has some sort of pointing device when in horizontal qwerty mode so it can act like a smartphone.
Has a standard mini-USB connection that can be used to access mass storage, hack the phone, or use the phone as a tethered modem (as well as bluetooth tethering).

That's a tall order. My Samsung M500 is flip-style and decently tough, has a decent pair of earphones that fit the phone headset-style stereo micro jack, has the easily accessible MicroSD card, has a decent camera (no flash), and accepts DIY mp3 ringtones pretty easily if I've got internet service on it. It's good enough for me.

It's two or three years old now and still functions adequately. I'm usually a very basic user. Last month I used 80 minutes and 31 text messages and that's all. When I first got it I planned on using it for playing music and such, and did sometimes, but never bothered much. I have a 1/8" adapter so I could run it to my line in but why bother when I've got a plethora of other things to play mp3s?

I'd like the abilities of a smartphone, but a wide flat phone would be crushed within a month of owning it...and a smartphone with a little screen would be somewhat pointless.

Edit: Oh, and the closest to an appropriate option was "have a dumbphone and love it", but more accurate would be "have a dumbphone, it does its job, and I don't really care".

Cez★
06-03-2009, 03:37 PM
lol I just looked at teh last choice in the poll

stonehenge
06-03-2009, 04:28 PM
I have a htc shadow
I've heard pretty good things from people using HTC phones, most of them really like them and can't wait for the newest one to come out.
i have the lg dare on vzw its a nice phone the touch screen is a pain sometimes my next phone will hopefully be a bb
I liked all the features the dare had (slow motion video, panoramic photos, great camera, nice interface for a "dumbphone", etc. I lost interest when I left it in my pocket as I got into my truck one day. I took it out to make a call 5 mins after getting in the truck and the entire screen was smashed. Just the pressure of my pants against my leg smashed it :blah: so I got a BB Curve. Now I have a storm which is a touch screen but much more durable, this screen is meant to be pushed on and clicked lol
My idea of the perfect phone:
I'd like the abilities of a smartphone, but a wide flat phone would be crushed within a month of owning it...and a smartphone with a little screen would be somewhat pointless.
Blackberry Pearl Flip? :shrug: But yeah, you have a very specific idea of what a phone should be :crazy:

Cez★
06-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I've heard pretty good things from people using HTC phones, most of them really like them and can't wait for the newest one to come out.

I liked all the features the dare had (slow motion video, panoramic photos, great camera, nice interface for a "dumbphone", etc. I lost interest when I left it in my pocket as I got into my truck one day. I took it out to make a call 5 mins after getting in the truck and the entire screen was smashed. Just the pressure of my pants against my leg smashed it :blah: so I got a BB Curve. Now I have a storm which is a touch screen but much more durable, this screen is meant to be pushed on and clicked lol

Blackberry Pearl Flip? :shrug: But yeah, you have a very specific idea of what a phone should be :crazy:

yea the phones are great if treated properly, I drop mine every once in a while but it still works. only real problem I have with mine is that if you run to many applications it starts slowing down but that would be had with any phone I think. I wanted a htc touch pro, but my friend got it, now its either the htc fuse(kinda teh same as a touch pro) or teh touch hd but its pricey

chevyrado14
06-03-2009, 04:55 PM

i guess ive been lucky with mine its in my pocket all the time ive even dropped if a few times and no damage other then a few nicks where it fell but that was before i put on a best skin ever cover. if you dont have one i highly recomend it. i have one on my ipod too

Corey
06-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Sprint Mogul, I love it. Don't know what i did without a smartphone before.

stonehenge
06-03-2009, 06:56 PM
i guess ive been lucky with mine its in my pocket all the time ive even dropped if a few times and no damage other then a few nicks where it fell but that was before i put on a best skin ever cover. if you dont have one i highly recomend it. i have one on my ipod too
My dare had a case on it that was hard plastic wrapped in a fake leather. The leather cushioned falls and the hard one protected it from getting dings/scratches/etc. Then I had a screen protector on it. It just didn't like the pressure between my pocket/leg :(
Sprint Mogul, I love it. Don't know what i did without a smartphone before.
:word: after getting my BB, I don't know how I survived without one before lol

Cez★
06-04-2009, 08:31 PM
i just saw the htc diamond 2, I WANT

stonehenge
06-04-2009, 09:18 PM
I've never got to play with a WinMo phone. I've had two blackberrys and I have an iPod touch so I know what the iPhone is like. I imagine I'd like a WinMo phone because I like tweaking shit and whatnot but :shrug:

Cez★
06-04-2009, 11:47 PM
it works good I guess, I cant really say since this is my first WinMo phone. I pretty much have my shadows settings and everything down, its a simple phone, I dont know about other phones though

Ed4x4
06-05-2009, 12:07 AM
iphone: I enjoy its company.