c5VctWxWt3E

Aq344ks1ieg

Shaggy
04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
He is a bad ass!!

theholycow
04-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Awesome.

Trent Reznor even loves what Cash did with "Hurt".
http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/johnnycash/articles/story/7378167/in_other_words_trent_reznor
How has all this affected your own relationship to "Hurt"?

I haven't listened to my version since then. I've been so proud of what they've done with it that I haven't thought that much about it.
...I can't find the quote I remember, where Reznor goes on and on about how Cash made it his own and made it better.

Anyway, the other songs are great too. Much of "American IV: The Man Comes Around" is really very great. I highly recommend the album to nearly anyone. Cash gave his same heart-and-soul treatment to all the songs.

Cnj2b4mlTZw

theholycow
04-23-2009, 02:36 PM
I forgot, the best of all. "The Mercy Seat" is the most soulful, chilling song ever. The original was by Nick Cave & The Seeds, and a live version I have of it is good, but nothing like Cash's version. It's best if you listen to a better quality recording than on youtube, cranked up pretty loud...literally sent chills down my spine the first few times I heard it. It's a truly heartfelt performance and you get to feel it by listening.

It's all so spooky - that spooky piano (??) solo near the end, on top of the piano (??) bassline and what I think is a Harmonium...it all just sounds so deep.

ZGGSTiDOjKU

Shaggy
04-27-2009, 10:40 AM
I forgot, the best of all. "The Mercy Seat" is the most soulful, chilling song ever. The original was by Nick Cave & The Seeds, and a live version I have of it is good, but nothing like Cash's version. It's best if you listen to a better quality recording than on youtube, cranked up pretty loud...literally sent chills down my spine the first few times I heard it. It's a truly heartfelt performance and you get to feel it by listening.

It's all so spooky - that spooky piano (??) solo near the end, on top of the piano (??) bassline and what I think is a Harmonium...it all just sounds so deep.

ZGGSTiDOjKU

That is one of his best. I think he did a better job then Nick if this was a cover. I didn't know it was even a cover :think:

hedgey
11-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Top man in my book...

Cez★
11-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Ireland :whoa: and ring of fire ftw