PDA

View Full Version : Food: Worst and best chain restaurants

theholycow
04-19-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm watching Phantom Gourmet (http://www.phantomgourmet.com/?showHome=True) and they're covering this question today. They cite Pizza Hut as the worst pizza chain. Srsly? Pizza Hut is great! Their sauce is rich, thick, and smooth. The crust is crunchy from basically being deep fried from the oil they put in the pan before cooking. They've got that stuffed crust pizza, too...

Bruce
04-19-2009, 04:12 PM
i would say pizza huts pizza is decent around here, but all of their restaurants are nasty.

Renegade Pope
04-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Grottos pizza

Shaggy
04-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Pizza hut is great. They must have a shity pizza huts where they did their taste tests. The stuff crust has win all over it.

okbeast
04-22-2009, 03:48 AM
little Caesars is nasty

Bruce
04-22-2009, 05:44 AM
little Caesars is nasty

granted..... but when you are intoxicated it is a very quick $5 pizza that is already ready for you.

stonehenge
04-22-2009, 07:24 AM
As far as Pizza goes, I honestly like all the chains but different ones have pros/cons. Little Ceasars doesn't have much of a selection but its cheap and fast and not bad at all, Pizza Hut is nom nom but makes me shit like a beast later, Papa Johns is fuckin expensive, Dominos... probably my least favorite there but they are the only one that delivers to my house!, Peter Piper Pizza is 100% nomz but their restaurants are loaded with kids and around here people who look like they are ready to bust a cap in yo ass. But when it comes down to it, Pizza is nomz either way. We go with Blackjack usually, not sure if yall got them in your areaz

theholycow
04-22-2009, 12:51 PM
We don't have any Little Ceasars anymore. We used to have them in Kmart. I liked it.

I've never heard of Peter Piper Pizza. I'm pretty sure I've had Papa Johns and it was ok. Papa Ginos, which may be regional, I hate even though loads of people love it. Never heard of Blackjack.

How about some non-pizza chains? Chili's, anyone?

stonehenge
04-22-2009, 09:39 PM
When it comes to chillis/outback/applebees/redlobster/olivegarden type chains, i tend to like them all. I actually haven't been to a Chillis yet but I think I'd like it. Outback is pretty good, Applebee's is nom (even the ones in Mexico :rofl:), Olive Garden unlimited soup, salad, & bread sticks ftmfw, Red Lobster... 100% supernomz (cheese biscuits?!)...

chevyrado14
04-22-2009, 09:42 PM
chilis is awesome they have a really good homemade chips and salsa appitizer and the ribs are good too.

theholycow
04-22-2009, 10:57 PM
I really like Chili's. Their burgers are consistently the best. I've had better burgers, but not so consistent; I can be absolutely sure I'm going to get a great burger at Chili's every time I go. Their "Skillet Queso" dip & chips appetizer is great.

They're not around here anymore, but I loved the Lone Star Steakhouse. Their Cajun Ribeye is great, and again, consistent. They have steak fries, which I love; most places don't. Their cheese fries appetizer is on those steak fries and uses real cheese, not some nasty cheese sauce.

Outback's food is great, but it's always so incredibly noisy and loud inside -- I like getting takeout. Their burgers are almost as good as Chili's. I'm no salad man, but their croutons are a festival for the mouth and make me willing to eat salad. Their "bushman bread" is yummy.

Applebees usually disappoints me. The food always seems to get overcooked. Nothing is what I really want there; the burgers aren't juicy enough, the steaks aren't tender enough, the fries are too skinny, everything is too processed/nasty.

The Olive Garden is decent. I don't care if it's authentic or not, it's reasonably yummy.

Ruby Tuesdays tends to be pretty good.

Bugaboo Creek has good food, just don't sit under the talking moose...dust and hairs fall off of it when it talks.

Smokey Bones is the only chain I know of where you can get beef brisket. They don't do a great job on it, but it's better than no brisket.

Bruce
04-22-2009, 11:00 PM
The nachos nuevos at applebees used to be enough to make me go there. But they have since changed it and its nasty, so i rarely enter that place anymore.

Cez★
04-23-2009, 12:28 AM
tgi fridays is great i bought a bacon burger i think and it was win

stonehenge
04-23-2009, 01:39 AM
Haven't been to TGIFri in forever but last time I did it was nomz.

Outbacks bread is definitely tasty and that reminds me of Texas Roadhouse. They give you peanuts to much on and unlimited tasty bread. I usually order the portabello mushroom chicken breast with garlic mashed potatoes :drool:

theholycow
04-23-2009, 01:53 AM
Oh, I forgot Texas Roadhouse. Their bread is very tasty indeed.

Cez★
04-23-2009, 02:07 AM
I went to this restaruant by work called poblanos I think, they serve mostly mexican food, and I got a torta and that was fucking good, or maybe im fat lol either way t'was tasty

chevyrado14
04-23-2009, 01:27 PM
i forgot about texas roadhouse too. i dunno how because its my favorite. pretty much the best prime rib ive ever had. and i love the homemade rolls