PDA

View Full Version : Sorry....

Shaggy
04-19-2009, 03:54 AM
I can't stand rap anymore. I used to be all into Dre, Snoop, Tupac. I can't stand the new shit. Thats all I have to say.

Corey
04-19-2009, 05:39 AM
I dislike most new shit, but I still listen to 90's Rap

RwPMKozHPCM

A05uvpG3cLs

ORjG0u_J-VE

Shaggy
04-19-2009, 06:58 AM
I don't listen to it much anymore, but I don't mind it when I do have the chance. This is the stuff I grow up to and will never get tired of it. I just don't go running out looking to buy/listen to it anymore.

theholycow
04-19-2009, 12:15 PM
When I was 12, I tried listening to rap in an attempt to run with the cool crowd. I was still a dweeb. A couple years later I gave up. Since then, I've found that I can enjoy a few rap songs, but hate the genre as a whole. It mostly seems to be garbage, devoid of any value whatsoever -- musical, lyrical, moral, fun, pleasant, whatever.

Most of what I like is from the early 90s before Dre, Snoop, Tupac, Warren G, etc...before it went all "gangsta".

There are some exceptions. This may be the most recent rap song I like:
e9vYDJCm63c
It's got some decent musical value to it. I don't really know or particularly care what he's rapping about (something about how hip hop sucks but doesn't have to, and something about shooting people). The samples are used well, the vocals are done musically, the structure keeps me paying attention.

Then there's classics like these:
N-q4d9Q2Dwc
ZOyEQcvmuxU
SvV-upQVoFs

Then there's 80s/early 90s pre-gangsta rap...
h1AEu2OUuBs
cj9_yW8tZxs
zligio51yP4
387ZDGSKVSg

and some in-between stuff:
V3cOlZJi7XU

Does early almost-rap "R&B" count?
L--WvesoCf0

Note: I can't listen to these right now to confirm that they're what I'm looking for. My computer needs to be rebooted or something.

I like hits from Public Enemy, Eric B & Rakim, 2LiveCrew, Young MC, The Fat Boys, and Biz Markie. I like a lot from The Beastie Boys.

BillyJeanKing
09-17-2009, 01:16 PM
vJzIYv_mE04

Cez★
09-17-2009, 06:50 PM
yea sad. I usually just listen to new stuff from teh rap thread on gmfs, or older stuff. im more into rock/metal