PDA

View Full Version : What do you like to eat...

Shaggy
04-19-2009, 03:48 AM
What is your favorite food? Do you like steak, seafood? I just had a bad ass steak tonight. I love steak, but hate seafood. Just can't aquire the taste for it for some reason.

Renegade Pope
04-19-2009, 04:38 AM
Im not a huge fan of steak it just gets so boring tasting to me so i guess i havent had some mindblowingly good steak before but as for seafood i like fishsticks, flounder and crabs that is about it the rest smells like shit and would rather smell dirty vagina then eat it.

Shaggy
04-19-2009, 04:41 AM
Seafood tastes all the same to me. Not good with me. So what food do you really like then?

Corey
04-19-2009, 04:59 AM
I'm really not too picky but my favorite thing in the summer is steak, chicken, and shrimp skewers cooked on the grill.

Cez★
04-19-2009, 05:02 AM
chinese food, im about to try thai food for the first time in a few weeks cant wait

AaronIROCZ
04-19-2009, 06:27 AM
I like Mac and Cheese :shrug:

Shaggy
04-19-2009, 07:03 AM
I like Mac and Cheese :shrug:

Thats so cute, my 2 and 5 yrs love it too :gayfight:

theholycow
04-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Favorites: Cheese Ravioli, cheeseburgers, yellow cake with chocolate frosting (like mom makes), and occasionally steak -- but it's almost impossible to make a steak I'd truly enjoy.

Runners up: Tacos, pizza, mozzarella sticks, deep fried potato skins, baked potatoes, steak fries, Rice Krispies, white cake with buttercream frosting (like store bakeries make).

3rd place: Meatloaf, hot roast beef sandwiches (Arby's, Walt's, or a restaurant-style french dip), buffalo chicken, beef hot dogs, NY System Hot Weiners (a local specialty), tortilla chips.

Actually, I fucking love those NY System Hot Weiners but they completely destroy me if I try to eat them. I had some yesterday for lunch and felt like I was having a heart attack from 7pm to 11pm. If I hadn't taken a Zantac 150 before eating them and some Tums at night, I would have felt worse. There's a reason they're called things like "gaggers", "bellybusters", "floaters", "sinkers", etc...they fucking destroy you.

I absofuckinglutely HATE seafood or fish of any kind. My wife is extremely allergic but loves it. She's also very allergic to mushrooms. It's hard for us to eat at restaurants or buy food at the grocery store even, with those allergies. Did you know there's fucking anchovies in Banquet Spaghetti & Meatballs frozen meals and most frozen meatloafs?

I hate most non-beef meat. Exceptions: Bison (love it), smoked turkey, bacon, buffalo chicken, those NY System Hot Weiners (which are probably made of rejected rat meat).

I hate sauces with chunks -- I push aside the chunks in pasta/pizza sauce and salsa. I also hate lots of sauces that are very common -- mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise. I hate lots of vegetables.

Those cheeseburgers that I love, I have to order without most of the toppings, though I really enjoy being able to order something without special requests so I try to find stuff that's already the way I want it. I don't think anyone will read this far, you cock suckers. At Burger King I might order the Rodeo Cheeseburger and the Loaded Steakhouse Cheeseburger.

Diet Pepsi and Miller Genuine Draft are probably my favorite drinks. Diet Pepsi (and a couple that taste just like it) is really the only cola I like; most non-diet colas leave my mouth all icky and sticky. I know this post is really incredibly long, possibly the longest post ever on AOT. I don't care for light beer but don't mind it if it's not too watery, but I don't like most microbrews, anything by Sam Adams, or most non-lagers. I like Michelob (the original product, though Ultra is decent too) and Labatt's. We've got short attention spans around here. I used to like trying lots of different brands, trendy stuff and microbrews and snobby stuff...but now I just want something that taste kinda like bread and quenches my thirst. Why are we so short of attention? I don't want beer to be hard work anymore, I'm just fucking thirsty.

Oddly, it's hard to find Miller Genuine Draft, Michelob, and Labatt's these days. We've got short little spans of attention. The diet version ("light", "64", "ultra") are easy to find but the originals have become a specialty item.

theholycow
04-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I forgot to mention my steak specifications...
- I hate chewing fat. I know marbling adds flavor, but try to chew up tough fat makes me gag and slithery soft fat is nasty.
- I prefer it cooked until only the center is slightly pink but hate the outside being dry or burned. I don't like a lukewarm center and I'm not interested in taking my chances on e.coli...
- I hate having to chew too hard to break it up.

Oh shit, I just remembered...I totally forgot one of my favorite foods: Smoked beef brisket.

Renegade Pope
04-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Free food is the best.