PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad for his parents

Bruce
04-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I didnt know him but he went to the same high school that my g/f did, its about 30mins from my house. I know she feels guilty for it, but if i was his parents i would be just as mad.

the accident back in January- http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-mcmichael-student-killed-090126,0,2615692.story

sentencing - http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-bus-death-090407,0,3792681.story

Chance
04-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Same links?

Bruce
04-07-2009, 10:05 PM
my bad, edited

theholycow
04-07-2009, 10:43 PM
No jail time? That's wack!

I can understand that it seems like an innocent mistake that anyone could make. I can understand that she's not a danger to society who needs to be locked away to protect others. I understand that sticking her in prison could ruin her life, and that it doesn't seem to make sense to ruin another life, but it WOULD accomplish something. This is one case where I think making an example of someone makes sense, and it would not even be an unfair punishment. She should get what she earned, and others should be reminded about just how much extra conscious thought and care needs to be put into driving, especially around school buses.

Corey
04-07-2009, 10:55 PM
I'd kill the bitch if she did that to my child and wasn't in jail.

Bruce
04-07-2009, 11:07 PM
No jail time? That's wack!

I can understand that it seems like an innocent mistake that anyone could make. I can understand that she's not a danger to society who needs to be locked away to protect others. I understand that sticking her in prison could ruin her life, and that it doesn't seem to make sense to ruin another life, but it WOULD accomplish something. This is one case where I think making an example of someone makes sense, and it would not even be an unfair punishment. She should get what she earned, and others should be reminded about just how much extra conscious thought and care needs to be put into driving, especially around school buses.

i completely agree, i was thinking about it today when i was behind a school bus. It was an old piece of shit but i could still clearly see every time it put its lights on. She didn't even hit her brakes, just kept on truckin.

Shaggy
04-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Damn, no jail time and only a $1000 fine? Wow! If there was no jail time, at least community service for a few years. If my kid was killed and she was set free, I would definitly be pissed.

Chance
04-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Fucked up.

harvardjanitor7
04-08-2009, 02:09 AM
normally i would be like,

"who cares about this one white dude dying. hundreds of people are dying in africa and no one cares about them, why should we care about this one american?"

but...

i dunno this was sad. this kid was just trying to get on the bus, and some old lady runs into him. can't even get really mad at the old lady either, i'm sure it was a horrible mistake. shit happens. it's just a sad situation.

good job at making me empathetic.

theholycow
04-08-2009, 02:17 AM
http://jacksepic.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/1201589693577.jpg

Good first post...you've attempted to make this about race.

Bruce
04-08-2009, 04:00 AM
normally i would be like,

"who cares about this one white dude dying. hundreds of people are dying in africa and no one cares about them, why should we care about this one american?"

but...

i dunno this was sad. this kid was just trying to get on the bus, and some old lady runs into him. can't even get really mad at the old lady either, i'm sure it was a horrible mistake. shit happens. it's just a sad situation.

good job at making me empathetic.

:Nonono:

NeverEnding
04-08-2009, 06:29 PM
suzuki where do you live at .... cause that is about 20 minutes from my house too lol

Shaggy
04-08-2009, 09:50 PM
suzuki where do you live at .... cause that is about 20 minutes from my house too lol

Wow, now you 2 don't have to booty call each other on the net. You 2 can finally meet in real life!!

Bruce
04-08-2009, 10:47 PM

i live in summerfield, which is right on the southern border of rockingham county

Shaggy
04-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Did you actually see a news broadcast on it Suzuki?

Renegade Pope
04-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Yes.