PDA

View Full Version : By the people, for the people

Covah
03-02-2009, 04:20 AM
As an employee of all Americans, your government serves you. As president, I will need your input to make decisions on how to run the country. This is not about Dems or Reps or independants. Bush and obama do not exist. Politics are anti-American, so I don't want to hear that shit. There is only Americans.

What do we need to make this country rise higher?
If you disagree with someone, post why, but try to sound like you graduated past 3rd grade.
I will rule for or against. Make your platform.

All Hail.

Chance
03-02-2009, 05:09 AM
wat

Vicious Pope
03-02-2009, 05:16 AM
I disagree with MTV and the new generation they are brain washing into oblivion. I am not even talking about the political inuindos, I could care less about them. I'm talking about the styles of youth these days.
It's hard not to sound like an old man, but I catch a glimpse of someone wearing what I think to be an obvious joke of an attire on the street, only to flip on MTV (at my dad's house, of course :)) and realize that is worn by everyone on there.
Very disconcerting, if you ask me.

Chance
03-02-2009, 05:33 AM
God no fucking kidding. I'm only 19 and I'm disgusted with the "youth" of today.

Covah
03-02-2009, 06:19 AM
Do you think the media, MTV for example, is responsible for the poor conduct of children and need to be held responsible or regulated to prevent effecting the youth?

Chance
03-02-2009, 06:29 AM
I think it's the parents.

Covah
03-02-2009, 07:01 AM
Since we can't give them new parents, how do we deal with the kids?

theholycow
03-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Ok, I'll do an open-ended political thread. We need some posts here, damnit.

I disagree with MTV [...]
It's hard not to sound like an old man, but [...]

Foshizzle! Oops, I mean...I agree with you wholeheartedly, sir.

Do you think the media, MTV for example, is responsible for the poor conduct of children and need to be held responsible or regulated to prevent effecting the youth?

As Vicious Pope does, I disagree with them and what they do. However, I do not think they should be regulated. That's not the government's job. The government's main job is to stay the hell out of my way and let me get some shit done while trying to steer the economy and protect the country from military threats. One of this country's biggest values is freedom of speech and I damn well want that protected.

Raising children is the parents' job, and they're not doing it right. I don't know how to get them to do it right without making this country and its government into something even more against my values than it is now. What's right is to butt out, but sometimes what's right conflicts with what's effective.

About all we can do is find ways to encourage good behavior (from the media, specifically) and good parenting, and to discourage unfit parents from having children. Note that I said "encourage" and "discourage", NOT "force" and "prohibit". I don't know how to do those things.

What can we do to fix the moral/attitude problems with this country? I don't know. I do my part and I try to make myself heard when I have ideas or opinions, but I don't know what we can do overall.

Chance
03-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Since we can't give them new parents, how do we deal with the kids?

Put them to death. :crazy:

Fuck, good question, I don't know.

JayBo
03-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Spankings

Covah
03-02-2009, 10:32 PM

I do my part and I try to make myself heard when I have ideas or opinions, but I don't know what we can do overall.

Your whole post was excellent, but I highlight this part. As stated, the government cannot and should not restrict media any further by the content available, so we'll 'X' that part out.

Can't make people become better parents, so that makes another 'X' in the equation.

When we don't know what to do, we have to do something. We will have to deal with children who live in a false reality soon enough. Solutions are needed. A pound of cure is not acceptable.

Corey
03-02-2009, 11:04 PM
unfortunatly the only way to get rid of the entitlement attitude of todays youth is to let them fail, and let them learn how to hold themselves up. But the current .gov will not let that happen they keep creating more programs, and agency to make sure that lazy people can keep being lazy and living off the tit while the hard working of this country keep funding it. We keep enabling the weak and lazy so they keep breading more weak and lazy.

Covah
03-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Entitlement is something you touched on, but I see a lot of laziness, lack of respect, pride in oneself, etc. in many of today's youth, regardless of their musical or clothing choices.

Programs and agencies may or may not be the answer, but if one fails, do we not pay? Those children who think mom has no right to keep him from playing Halo or her from wearing a sluty shirt will be in our malls, our communities and our workplaces. In those places, learning the hard way makes it hard on us, as well.

No disrespect to anyone, but the ones who can continue to live at home, spend money on 'bullshit' on have no savings, are an example. in most cases, our parents will die before us, and a real diservice is done if we cannot learn to stand on our own, independant of them.

It is truly about getting money. If it is always given, you may not learn to appreciate or earn it. This breeds the mentality that leads people to steal, commit fraud and generally create ills for the rest of society.

Chance
03-02-2009, 11:58 PM
the ones who can continue to live at home, spend money on 'bullshit' on have no savings.

/whistle

I'm trying man. :crazy:

Covah
03-03-2009, 12:05 AM
/whistle

I'm trying man. :crazy:

Try harder.:sparta:
As I said, nothing against anyone. There are situations where it is prefectly acceptable to live at home. It is just when you do it because all the money you have goes to getting drunk or on buying stupid stuff, do I see a potential problem.

Chance
03-03-2009, 12:12 AM
All I spend my money on is my hobbies, my truck and I used to bmx but that's done with now. I stay clear from drugs and the bad shit. I know who you're targeting though. The too old to be at home drunk / druggie.

Shaggy
03-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Covah, how old were you when you moved out of your parents house?

Covah
03-03-2009, 12:16 AM
If someone spends more on "partying" than on savings, I'm not surprised when I hear how fucked up things in their lives get.

Goes back to the point: How can we get responsibility into people if the parents choose not to?

And Shaggy, I see the site puts in new posts as I type. Very nice. I was 17.

Shaggy
03-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Yea, I had added that mod in a few weeks ago. I like it to. Was testing it out here at AOT

Covah
03-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Auto updating while the thread is open.... Very nice.

theholycow
03-03-2009, 02:00 AM
I live at home. I'm a homeowner, the house I bought is my home and it's where I live.

I lived at my parents house until I was 25. I spent 6 years socking away every penny for the downpayment on my house. My wife waited (somewhat patiently) to get married until after we had a place to live together.

Corey
03-03-2009, 02:43 AM
.... Those children who think mom has no right to keep him from playing Halo or her from wearing a sluty shirt will be in our malls, our communities and our workplaces. In those places, learning the hard way makes it hard on us, as well......

This is one of the biggest problem I see in today's youth (really makes me feel older than I am) and this comes down to the lack of corporal punishment from both parents and from the school. I've had my share of licks with a paddle and a belt when I was younger, and you best believe I never back talked my parents or my teachers. Kids these days don't get punished for their actions, instead they get a time out or see a therapist and get put on behavior drugs.

And what I meant by fail is not give a kid a trophy for 10th place, I'm sorry your kid sucks at baseball but he doesn't need a trophy for last place. This puts the idea in the kids heads that even if they aren't good at something and don't try their best they will still be rewarded. They get rewarded for everything and that isn't how it works in the real world.

Covah
03-03-2009, 02:47 AM
I remember an ABC News report on that years ago. Everyone gets something to protect their feelings and it is wrong. Real world, you can do a good job and get nothing at all for it. You don't win the soccer tournament, all you get is a bus ride back. No trophies for losers.

Empire01
03-03-2009, 03:02 AM
Goes back to the point: How can we get responsibility into people if the parents choose not to?

Natural selection.

I think they should be allowed to fail. No one should give them anything.

Covah
03-03-2009, 03:04 AM
As I said, their failure would effect you and all of us.

Empire01
03-03-2009, 03:05 AM
And what I meant by fail is not give a kid a trophy for 10th place, I'm sorry your kid sucks at baseball but he doesn't need a trophy for last place. This puts the idea in the kids heads that even if they aren't good at something and don't try their best they will still be rewarded. They get rewarded for everything and that isn't how it works in the real world.

I agree 100%. School has gotten way too easy. If you fail, they hold your hand and baby you through it.

FluffyMrB
03-10-2009, 09:24 PM
"We know things are bad. Banks are goin' bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. We know our air is unfit to breathe, our food is unfit to eat. We sit watching as the local newscaster says today we had 15 homicides & 63 violent crimes as if that is the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad, worse than bad. It’s like everything, everywhere is going crazy."

We are Self-Destruction. Whatever changes, there will always be people disagreeing with it, who will try to destroy those changes. We hate the past, we hate the present, we hate the future. We hate everything human has in life, yet we enjoy it so much… There are no changes to be made, except total wipe-out of the humankind.

Cez★
07-01-2010, 09:19 PM
a good :beheads: will do
:king:

shootermcgavin003
07-06-2010, 04:22 AM
bring back public hangings

Cez★
07-06-2010, 02:53 PM
or public sodomization(sp??) imo

shootermcgavin003
07-07-2010, 01:10 AM