PDA

View Full Version : Varkala, an attraction in Kerala

Bavilaqu
08-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Kerala is the most preferred tourist place among travelers. Kerala tourism (http://www.allOffTopic.com) has been increasing ever since due to its lovely landscapes, vast wildlife, lovely hill stations, refreshing beaches, attractive cultural programs, colorful festivals etc. Throughout the year, a number of tourists visit Kerala and its festivals. Some places are known for their coastline bordered with coconut trees, some places for the rides in houseboats through different beautiful places, some places are known for the inhabitation of rare species of birds or animals, while some others are known for certain ancient customs and traditions.

One of the latest hot spot locations in Kerala is Varkala. The coastline of Varkala is exceptionally beautiful due to its towering cliffs that stand erect and guard the sparkling waters, back the beach. The land formations in this place are highly unusual. The sheer cliffs and the view of the beach from the top of the cliffs are astounding. The place is made even more colorful with the shinning white sands, the horizon where the clear blue sky and the blue ocean meet, red soil of the hilltop, the yellow-green paddy fields, combined with the green coconut trees.

Another tourist spot in Varkala is the Sivagiri Mutt which is the Samadhi place of Sri Narayana Guru. He was the spiritual leader and social reformer of Kerala. He was the man who propagated the idea of one caste, one religion and one God. During his time his discourses were conducted mainly in and around Varkala. The Mutt is located about 2.5 kms from the town on the banks of the Thiruvananthapuram- Shornur canal. Many Hindu pilgrims, who visit the Mutt, also visit the Janardhana Swami temple situated close to Varkala beach.The beach named Papanasam is well known to pilgrims from a long time. It is considered to be an auspicious site where poojas are performed for invoking departed souls during the season of Karkkidakavavu.

TATERNATER
08-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Balls...

theholycow
08-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Balls...

...said the queen, "if I had 'em I'd be king."

Cez★
08-03-2012, 07:43 PM
eat dicks

stonehenge
08-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Sausagefest

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

theholycow
08-03-2012, 09:23 PM
In Soviet Russia, fest sausages YOU!

shootermcgavin003
08-05-2012, 04:48 PM
speaking of sausage i had the best polish sausage in gatlinburg at fanny farkles resturaunt