PDA

View Full Version : New PayPal policy...can anyone understand this crap?

theholycow
02-26-2012, 02:45 PM
I usually have no difficulty understanding the legalese crap that fills various policies for stuff like this, but I don't get this.

Login to PayPal and look at the "Notifications" section near the upper-right. There is a link for "Policy Updates" there. Direct link, if you want it:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_update-policy

2.3 Identity Authentication. You authorize PayPal, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate your identity. This may include asking you for further information, requiring you to provide your date of birth, a taxpayer identification number and other information that will allow us to reasonably identify you, requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your email address or financial instruments, ordering a credit report, or verifying your Information against third party databases or through other sources. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents at any time. If you use certain PayPal Services federal law requires that PayPal verify some of your Information. PayPal reserves the right to close, suspend, or limit access to your Account and/or the PayPal Services in the event we are unable to obtain or verify this Information.
(emphasis added)

They're going to pull my credit report? Are they going to use a soft inquiry or a hard inquiry?

How we collect information about you. We have amended this section to address how PayPal collects data from your computer, mobile phone or other access device. We may also collect information about your use and interaction with our website, application or the PayPal Services.

How we use cookies. We have amended this section to reflect our use of session and persistent cookies, Local Shared Objects (commonly referred to as “Flash Cookies”) and the use of pixel tags. The help section of most browsers or browser add-ons provides instruction on blocking, deleting or disabling cookies.

Marketing. We have amended this section to address opting-out of notifications via our application and SMS messages.

How you can access or change your personal information. We have amended this section to include information regarding our account closure process.

How you can contact us about privacy questions. We have amended our disclosure of PayPal’s recognition as a TRUSTe Privacy Seal holder to comply with TRUSTe’s Website Privacy Certification program requirements.

Well WTF are the actual amendments? Should I have saved a copy of the old policy so I could compare to the new one? They tell us what sections were amended and why they were amended, but not what exactly was changed...

shootermcgavin003
02-26-2012, 02:51 PM
there just going to make everyone a verified user basically. used to you didnt have to be. i am one. as for your credit i dont think its affected unless you cant be verified through bank account and shit.